PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, are you guys delusional?

AggieforPaul
02-06-2008, 06:06 PM
A brokered convention will do nothing for us. We have no bargaining chips at all. If somehow McCain doesnt get a majority outright, Huckabee will likely throw him his delegates.

HollyforRP
02-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes. I wonder what Huckabee supporters think about this?

Paulitical Correctness
02-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Hey waiter, my glass is half full - care to fill it back up before I empty it on your face?

HippyInASuit
02-06-2008, 06:09 PM
You're probably right, but we have to put up a fight. The longer Ron Paul stays in the race the better. He's shining light onto the entire process, exposing the hypocrisy and fraud.

muh_roads
02-06-2008, 06:10 PM
A brokered convention will let America continue hearing his voice until the bitter end...but the fight for freedom never ends. And when they ultimately choose someone else they will all have a Ron Paul epiphany when McCain / Hillary turns the country to shit.

Although I was hopeful, I always just viewed this campaign as the start of waking the country up...

AggieforPaul
02-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Im not trying to be a pessimist, just a realist. I cant even imagine a scenario where everyone suddenly turns to the guy who finished 4th.

Revolutn
02-06-2008, 06:15 PM
While I agree in principle that it's such a long shot as to be fanciful that the nomination can be won at the convention alone, you have mistated the delegate process when you say "Throw his delegates to McCain"

He can't just do that.
When he drops out his delegates can do whatever they want.
True he may endorse McCain, and as such they may vote for McCain at the convention, but he can't just 'add' his delegate count to McCain's and voila that's that.

I think Ron's pretty much looking at this as a chance to promote the platform on a national stage at this point to sow the seeds of liberty for future campaigns/election cycles.

I'm sad, but I have more hope today than I've had my whole lifetime to date that at least SOME of the American people are waking up.

So if hope is delusion, then yes, I am delusional.

Rev

lucius
...The longer Ron Paul stays in the race the better. He's shining light onto the entire process, exposing the hypocrisy and fraud.

I agree, we have just begun and have a tremendous amount work ahead of us.

Peregrin
Although I was hopeful, I always just viewed this campaign as the start of waking the country up...

Ditto. We should keep fighting--not just for Dr. Paul, but for our country--even if we lose a few battles at first.

JulioForPaul
02-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't think most are saying RP has a chance to win the White House. They are thinking that he will be over represented in delegates and RP's delegates could decide who is in the White House.

It would be a nice "Fuck You" to a certain candidate and the MSM.

slabjacker21
02-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Please check out this link: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/kramer8.html

There is alot of time between now and the convention.

ronpauleddy
02-06-2008, 11:37 PM
I don't think most are saying RP has a chance to win the White House. They are thinking that he will be over represented in delegates and RP's delegates could decide who is in the White House.

It would be a nice "Fuck You" to a certain candidate and the MSM.

Sorry to burst your bubble...but they got the deck so staked it wouldn't even make a difference!

Pauls' Revere
02-06-2008, 11:41 PM
While I agree in principle that it's such a long shot as to be fanciful that the nomination can be won at the convention alone, you have mistated the delegate process when you say "Throw his delegates to McCain"

He can't just do that.
When he drops out his delegates can do whatever they want.
True he may endorse McCain, and as such they may vote for McCain at the convention, but he can't just 'add' his delegate count to McCain's and voila that's that.

I think Ron's pretty much looking at this as a chance to promote the platform on a national stage at this point to sow the seeds of liberty for future campaigns/election cycles.

I'm sad, but I have more hope today than I've had my whole lifetime to date that at least SOME of the American people are waking up.

So if hope is delusion, then yes, I am delusional.

Rev

Here's some information about a brokered convention. Delegates become "unbound" which means they can change thier minds! Dont you see, with a brokered convention and the time between November and now delegates are going to see what a mistake the others are. The MSM is talking about the spilt in the GOP and if they seriously want to heal it then they have an opportunity. I think Ron's message is about unity. Liberty, peace, prosperity,freedom. I think over the next months we will see people regret how they voted in 05FEB2008. Especially since McCain is such a divisive person.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/horseraceblog/2008/01/looking_ahead_to_the_republica.html

mketcher
02-07-2008, 12:53 AM
A brokered convention will do nothing for us. We have no bargaining chips at all. If somehow McCain doesnt get a majority outright, Huckabee will likely throw him his delegates.

The delegates will make their own decision on who they vote for. In previous brokered conventions (there have only been a handful), it hasn't been the major candidates who got elected. At the Democratic convention in 1968, Hubert Humprey was nominated. He didn't even run in the primaries. When Garfield was nominated at a brokered convention, after over 30 ballots, he hadn't even been a candidate. He was simply he only person that a majority could agree on.

MrZach
02-07-2008, 12:54 AM

*nod - this would decide your Prez/VP ticket right there... makes perfect sense...

Then again... you never know...

mketcher
02-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Im not trying to be a pessimist, just a realist. I cant even imagine a scenario where everyone suddenly turns to the guy who finished 4th.

In past brokered conventions (see my other post above) people have been nominated who weren't even running.

Nobody knows what will happen in a brokered convention. It will be utter chaos. The Republican establishment doesn't want it, because they may lose control of it.

Ron Paul is better positioned than most, because he never expected to win the primaries or the popular vote -- he has been banking on a brokered convention at least since New Hampshire.