PDA

View Full Version : HERE IS THE DELEGATE PROCESS...from an official campaign coordinator

greeksta59
02-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I am an official coordinator for the campaign here is the delegate process with a brief explanation of what a delegate is at the begining.

Everyone - when a candidate wins delegates by winning a primary that does not mean there are actual people won acting as delegates- these are virtual delegates.

What do I mean by virtual delegates: A virtual delegate is just a number - there are no actual people YET that will go and vote for the candidate who won the particular state at the national convention. We call these people convention delegates

The actual delegates are voted on (in most states) at a statewide delegate caucus after the Primary (which is just a giant preference poll) Who can be delegates? Anyone. In closed Primary states they must be registered Republicans, in Open Primary states they can be Republicans, Democrats, Independents.

In our Missouri county we had about 25,000 vote on the Republican side last night in the Primary but in the last delegate caucus 4 years ago there were less than 150 people that showed up to become delegates. DO YOU GET IT

Normally Convention Delegates do not matter because the convention is not brokered and we have a clear winner. BUT THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT. Do you see how the ronpaul campaign strategy will work.

Most people have no idea how this works, not even the media.

It is not advertised much, maybe just a single newspaper ad.

to learn how to become a convention delegate contact your local Ron Paul coordinator. (NOT YOUR MEETUP ORGANIZOR)

STEP1. Contact your OFFICIAL Ron Paul Coordinator for your state. go to www.ronpaul2008.com

STEP2 Your State Coordinator will tell you when and where your
county caucus is to become a delegate or where to vote for a Ron Paul Delegate and who to contact prior to the county caucus.

STEP3 At the caucus you will vote for or run for a delegate position
to your STATE Republican Convention. Some state have District Caucuses between the county caucus and the State Convention.
The object is to get more Ron Paul supporters from every county to the district Caucus or State Convention.

STEP5 Attend the state convention as a delegate to choose
NATIONAL delegates to the Republican National Convention in Minnesota. These will be the delegates that are bound to vote for whoever won your state ON THE FIRST VOTE.

STEP6 The NATIONAL delegates elected at your state convention will vote in Minnesota for the Republican Nominee. If after the first vote no candidate gets 51% of the vote, then the National Delegates from your state are free to vote for whoever they want.
These will be Ron Paul supporters because you showed up to vote for them to become delegates or you are a delegate.

I hope this helps

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/34640

Bradley in DC
02-06-2008, 06:01 PM
this has been posted about a dozen times. Rules in different states vary considerably. Please check with your individual state for the rules governing your respective state and not blindly follow advice applicable somewhere else.

Here is the correct information for the national convention rules and links to summaries of state rules:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104384

greeksta59
02-06-2008, 06:09 PM
i just am relaying information that i see from one RP source to another

Bradley in DC
02-06-2008, 06:14 PM
i just am relaying information that i see from one RP source to another

Yeah, a dozen times without making any effort to verify it or check with the many threads here with the correct info. No offense, but we need to learn the real rules, play the game and win delegates.

These pleas to delusions do us all more harm than good.

greeksta59
02-06-2008, 06:25 PM
read the title.....this is coming from an OFFICIAL campaign coordinator

Bradley in DC
02-06-2008, 06:28 PM
read the title.....this is coming from an OFFICIAL campaign coordinator

Yup, it purports to be from some unnamed person. They don't have a clue, this is our problem.