PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: More net cables cut - War could be coming soon - how will this affect us?

Joe3113
02-06-2008, 05:39 PM
http://digg.com/world_news/FIVE_underwater_internet_cables_now_cut

It's on the front page of digg right now.

fedup100
02-06-2008, 05:42 PM
I hope they blow every effin thing up here there and everywhere. I especially hope the old blue haired scum that stuffed the ballot boxes get it first and see it coming for a mile. I am pissed brother and hope this bunch of crap that call themselves Americans get it all the way to the adams apple. BRING IT OOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!! Then we can have a federal government ""do over" with whoever survives it!

justatrey
02-06-2008, 05:48 PM
OK if you still don't have a tin foil hat on after five cables you may want to consider making one.

bcreps85
02-06-2008, 05:53 PM
From what I've read, the MSM has reported on FIVE cables, when in reality 9 have been cut, supposedly. Also, the official reason that has been given was ship anchors, even though video has proven this to be untrue...at least not from a surface vessel.

http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/ConnectingTheDots.htm

Ibgamer
02-06-2008, 05:56 PM
How exactly does this lead to war and involve us?

Joe3113
02-06-2008, 06:00 PM

It's a common strategy of war, to damage the enemy's communications before attacking.

jp5065
02-06-2008, 06:01 PM

The first step in war is to cut off the enemies communications...

Paulitician
02-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Not. R. P. Grassroots.

sgrooms
02-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Not. R. P. Grassroots.

QFT

attackkatt
02-06-2008, 06:13 PM
ttt

offroadaz
02-06-2008, 06:20 PM
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/02/who-cut-the-cab.html

attackkatt
02-06-2008, 06:21 PM
there was a huge surge in military shipments for more than a year noticed by truckers.......it is a trickle now. looks like everything must be in place

kyleAF
02-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Not. R. P. Grassroots.

Well, then it will get moved by the admin.

But it's important that everyone of us is aware of things like this. So posting updates like this to the main thread gets people to see it. Then it gets moved, and people follow it if they like.

If you ignore it, it will go away... that usually false theory actually WORKS in this forum. Use it.

Jim_Karr
02-06-2008, 06:28 PM
It could be to keep Iran from switching totally from the dollar thru the banking system. Or It could be to start a riot for the people to over throw the government.
Or we are getting ready to go to war and they are keeping that part of the world hush hush. I would have to say it would be suicidal to go to war with Iran. Our troops will be slaughtered. Syria will be in on it and who knows who else.

Lets say we do go to war. Who is going to throw the president out of the white house for unconstitutional war for the second time? I would have to say it would be our responsibility to do so this time.Cause congress is powerless and gutless any more.

Joe3113
02-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Well, then it will get moved by the admin.

But it's important that everyone of us is aware of things like this. So posting updates like this to the main thread gets people to see it. Then it gets moved, and people follow it if they like.

This is how I think the forum should work. For example, financial crash news would be relevant to the campaign but is the sort of thing people say should nto be in grassroots.

I reckon if something is important it should be posted in grassroots and remain there until discussion slows down, at which point it is moved to the appropriate forum for those further interested.

More work for the mods though. :D

LiveToWin
02-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Lets say we do go to war. Who is going to throw the president out of the white house for unconstitutional war for the second time? I would have to say it would be our responsibility to do so this time.

QFFT

fedup100
02-06-2008, 06:38 PM
It could be to keep Iran from switching totally from the dollar thru the banking system. Or It could be to start a riot for the people to over throw the government.
Or we are getting ready to go to war and they are keeping that part of the world hush hush. I would have to say it would be suicidal to go to war with Iran. Our troops will be slaughtered. Syria will be in on it and who knows who else.

Lets say we do go to war. Who is going to throw the president out of the white house for unconstitutional war for the second time? I would have to say it would be our responsibility to do so this time.Cause congress is powerless and gutless any more.

Has any one noticed the countries that Bush and company are lined up to attack or who have been demonized by this administration just happens to be countries that would not join the world federal reserve system?

kyleAF
02-06-2008, 06:38 PM
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/02/who-cut-the-cab.html

Yep. One or two in varying regions may be normal, but this is getting excessive. Especially considering the localized region of failure.

It's common knowledge that the Iranians are planning on opening their non dollar denominated oil bourse early this month in honor of the anniversary of their 1979 revolution. They have the support of Russia, and China, along with several European countries. They've already begun requesting payments for their oil in non-dollar currencies.

This is official news from Iran, and not a "conspiracy theory".

The rumor is that it may be delayed yet again now that this connectivity disruption has happened.

We do have a VERY highly vested interest in seeing that they don't open that market. Not until our economy is back on stable grounds, with no inflation, and a strong, gold-backed dollar. Unfortunately, that requires Dr. Paul to be elected.

So maybe Bush is trying to delay the inevitable until Dr. Paul can assume power? ;)

Sally08
02-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Please do more research.

Iran Oil Bourse scheduled to open very soon - it may "decouple" the US dollar, doing catastrophic damage to the US without a shot fired. Way beyond 9/11.

My hypothesis is that the cables were cut (which just happened to take the mid-east banks offline or via US connection that can be monitored/terminated) as *protection* to postpone the opening of the bourse.

France is about to start "war games" *with* mid-east countries.

Russia is also flying.

And we've been watching the "sit com" of McCain and Romney bickering!

The world may be just about to realign "strategic alliances" against the U.S. The ultimate "blowback"

If there is any national emergency, economic or military, martial law will be imposed, and there won't *be* any more elections. Bush will become prime dictator!

Joe3113
02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Has any one noticed the countries that Bush and company are lined up to attack or who have been demonized by this administration just happens to be countries that would not join the world federal reserve system?

Yes.

http://www.lookingglassnews.org/viewcommentary.php?storyid=121 (Go to 2003 and 2005 at the bottom)

http://www.conspiracyresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6973

AFM
02-06-2008, 06:48 PM

YEAAhh
THIS IS OUR COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!

RickyJ
02-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Not. R. P. Grassroots.

No not us. We are not the enemy you see. We can easily be defeated with Diebold. No need to bomb us.

attackkatt
02-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Russia has pulled it's air force out of mothballs and now has the most badass torpedos know to man. They have not forgot how we crushed their economy with a nonworking Starwars bluff. They will try to crush our economy for good. Don't screw with Putin " ex KGB head" he did try to better relationships, but we shit on him for actions taken to save those hostages in the theater and then sank his best sub Kursk which btw was salvaged by Haliburton. Plus we have been screwing with their elections when ours are such a sham. He is pissed:eek:

kyleAF
02-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Please do more research.

Iran Oil Bourse scheduled to open very soon - it may "decouple" the US dollar, doing catastrophic damage to the US without a shot fired. Way beyond 9/11.

My hypothesis is that the cables were cut (which just happened to take the mid-east banks offline or via US connection that can be monitored/terminated) as *protection* to postpone the opening of the bourse.

France is about to start "war games" *with* mid-east countries.

Russia is also flying.

And we've been watching the "sit com" of McCain and Romney bickering!

The world may be just about to realign "strategic alliances" against the U.S. The ultimate "blowback"

If there is any national emergency, economic or military, martial law will be imposed, and there won't *be* any more elections. Bush will become prime dictator!

To anyone out there who thinks that we would stand a chance: get over it. We couldn't possibly maintain air superiority anymore...our F-15s would get OWNED by their newer fighters. We have all of 150 or so F-22s. And there's no guarantee that stealth is really not detectable anymore. Hell, apparently our satellites (which have become a crutch) are vulnerable. I'm in the Air Force. Our foreign policies have bled us dry... we can't even afford to keep people around, so we've been "downsizing" our force.

Our leadership is well aware of this, and half the stuff that happens around the world that everyone here cries "conspiracy" over, is NOT a conspiracy.

It's a set of standard national security maneuvers. We're reacting now, rather than controlling.

icon124
02-06-2008, 07:09 PM

OR want to get rid of the dollar COMPLETELY...fuck you BUSH

anyway if they have a draft they will just have to lock me up cuz i'm not going anywhere

kyleAF
02-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Fuckin'- A

I would NOT want to be over there right now. Sally08, the more I think about your theory, the less I would want to be over there right now.

No one is naive enough to think that the rest of the world loves and respects us sufficiently to continuously take shit from us... not if an opening in our armor becomes apparent.

Our military is spread too thin. It's a fact. We no longer own the world.

polexi
02-06-2008, 07:17 PM
ttt

Lmao! :p anyone else get that?

attackkatt
02-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Fuckin'- A

I would NOT want to be over there right now. Sally08, the more I think about your theory, the less I would want to be over there right now.

No one is naive enough to think that the rest of the world loves and respects us sufficiently to continuously take shit from us... not if an opening in our armor becomes apparent.

These are the final days of Rome............enjoy

attackkatt
02-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Lmao! :p anyone else get that?

to the top "bump"

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 07:22 PM
If it a prelude to war, why would it be the UAE? The UAE is moderate, and NOT hostile to westerners. Dubai is a major tourist center and a cash cow for the UAE. I"ve been there. They allow our Navy to pull in there. Seems if communications were going to be cut, we'd do it to Iran or another not-so-friendly nation.

jarofclay
02-06-2008, 07:26 PM
This is nothing. Americans won't buy into it without some sort of 9/11 event again.

JK/SEA
02-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Its gonna be alright. Pass the popcorn. What time is Hannity on?

Hook
02-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Maybe it is Mossaud. Israel going to attack Iran since we aren't moving fast enough for them?

Phantom
02-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Unexplainable Cutting Of Internet Cables Points To Sabotage (http://www.infowars.net/articles/february2008/060208Cables.htm)

Ibgamer
02-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Im not convinced

Everyone needs to calm down, honestly

kyleAF
02-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Or maybe there's a storm brewing, and it's not exactly friendly to us.

Seriously. Is it really that unlikely that there may be a coalition formed against the United States? They would have a difficult time attacking us outright. Our military is weak, and spread out everywhere, but it's still absolutely HUGELY powerful.

Something else would be needed for the storm to work. "It's the economy, stupid". After all, we did a similar thing to the Soviets. We hit them in the wallet, rather than in the face. But what would happen if we get hit in the wallet and THEN the face?

Still, this doesn't account for the nukes... we could still wipe everyone out with those. Especially given the mentalities of the neo-con power brokers.

Bah! Speculation... why the hell did Dr. Paul have to go and cure my apathy?? I was sleeping just fine before all of this. :)

Quantumystic
02-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Fuckin'- A

I agree. I'm a retired physicist that did work on the target tracking/acquisition systems upgrades for the Apache AH-64 C/D via Ft. Belvoir back in the late 80s, and we've got seriously compromised positions.

With respect to America's position in the Middle East, and the Iran/Russia/China alliance... it's a Nightmare scenario that no tactician would ever want to find themself in.

Begin with MAD. Which actually works really well for dealing with people who care about staying alive. Even so, all it does is prevent the use of nuclear weapons. Which certainly is important, don't get me wrong. But it triggered a HUGE strategic thinking flaw in our military's evolution. Centralization of technology and control.

The massive incorporation of GPS data into our mil-tech became a built-in Achilles' Heel. The advanced features of those systems don't work it they're cut off from the data stream. And the data stream is vulnerable in 2 key ways. The computers that it transits, and the satellites that relay it. Once our mil-tech became married to this philosophy, we had a major security risk.

And it didn't take the Chinese long to figure that out, as well as a simple solution to it. Neutralizing the functionality of the satellites. Since then, they've demonstrated they can destroy satellites with ballistic missiles, as well as interrupt them using energy beam weapons.

Then there's the economic and diplomatic weapons that the Bush admin handed to them on a silver plate... becoming seen as a pre-emptive war Aggressor, the trillions of dollars of debt borrowed to pay for it, and destabilization of our economy here at home due to the oil prices inflated by the fear of instability in the Middle East.

So the true situation is revealed to be this:

We possess nuclear weapons that would be apocalyptic and suicidal to use against a particular opponent... China, because it too has these weapons and is strongly allied with another country that also has them and shares a border with China. So the use of nuclear weapons against one would also likely harm the other.

We also have become deeply indebted to this country, to the point that this debt could seriously disrupt our economy if the debt is called and dumped.

We also have a cornerstone military technology (GPS) that can be defeated and almost instantly neutralize a significant portion of our conventional military superiority... and this opponent clearly possesses the means to use this against us.

Simultaneously, this opponent's ally has just finished creating its own version of this military technology (GLONAST).

This opponent enjoys an overwhelming superiority in manpower/numbers, and the advantage in the geography. As well as the ability to strike even harder at our economy by moving assets to a provocative location upon its own terrirtory that would be perceived as a threat to the world oil supply as well as the stability of the MiddleEast's 2 nuclear powers Pakistan and India... and send the price of oil soaring to $300 a barrel.

And most ironic of all, they can do all this and be perceived by the world as merely taking purely defensive actions to degrade the potential threat from a demonstrated "Aggressor" nation... the U.S., because of Bush's foreign policy in the Middle East.

Without firing a single shot at a U.S. soldier or ship, the Chinese can deal 3 crushing blows to America economically, militarily, and diplomatically.

America put itself in this untenable position the moment it refused to restrain Bush from diverting the anti-terrorism effort from Afghanistan, and let him push it into Iraq.

There is NO good option for fight a war against China. It will break our economy, break our military, and literally tear the world apart.

CurtisLow
02-06-2008, 07:41 PM
All the troops should say F that! Were not fighting corporate oil wars any longer!

cska80
02-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I still don't think the masses give a shit about this country anymore. I think a war would wake them up because who's going to fight it anyway? Our shrinking army? No, we'll have a draft.

Sally08
02-06-2008, 07:53 PM
When people are losing their homes, their jobs, each taking two low-paying jobs to pay bills, they *don't* have time to care about elections or world affairs at all.

Employees are working 50+ hours regularly up to 60-70 hours, before adding commute times.

Any free time they have is for paying (late) bills and interacting with their kids!

manny229
02-06-2008, 07:55 PM
We also have a cornerstone military technology (GPS) that can be defeated and almost instantly neutralize a significant portion of our conventional military superiority... and this opponent clearly possesses the means to use this against us.

Simultaneously, this opponent's ally has just finished creating its own version of this military technology (GLONAST).

I heard this new european version of the GPS is more exact than ours, can this be true????

kyleAF
02-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Yea. We're spooked into setting up a "cyber" command in the Air Force, because it's seen as the next battle ground.

jp5065
02-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Repair ships have now reached at least three of the cables, where full functionality is scheduled to be restored within the week.

Sally08
02-06-2008, 08:04 PM
This is nothing. Americans won't buy into it without some sort of 9/11 event again.

Question - remember those *live* nukes that were flown across the U.S.? Some statements were made that that might have been the setup for war in Iran, except independent-thinking people, like RP supporters, did the *right* thing. Wasn't there a sixth nuke that went "missing"?

I also have news articles about a Chinese warship "popping up" in the middle of war games of ours. Yet, no one knew it was there!

My point is that the Iranian Oil Bourse will be much more destructive than 9/11 and the might of our military will be totally irrelevant, just as it is against suicide bombers in shopping malls. Who would we drop a nuke on after such an economic coup?

We've already seen how drastically other countries are impacted by our Fed's decisions. How much longer will they take that risk?

If Iran, France, Russia (I actually haven't seen China mentioned) quit using the dollar and our economy collapses, those allied countries will have no choice but to drop the dollar, as well, or their own economies will collapse.

liberteebell
02-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Check my signature. There's more than one way to destroy a country.

Peace&Freedom
02-06-2008, 08:21 PM
The cut cables may be a preamble to war timed to come to a head just AFTER Super Tuesday, once McCain was coronated as the GOP nominee apparent. Similar to how the second siege of Fallujah was launched just after Election day 2004, so as not to interfere with Bush taking the election from Kerry. In war politics, timing is everything, and nothing gets going until the coast is clear.

Sally08
02-06-2008, 08:30 PM
“The most serious threat to the United States is not someone hiding in a cave in Afghanistan or Pakistan, but our own fiscal irresponsibility”. ~David Walker, US Comptroller General

We've obviously been doing a "great job" by ourselves over time.

This e-mail/link just came in: http://www.WantToKnow.info/008/080206mortgagefraudeconomicstimulusplan (from San Francisco Chronicle).

Now, add Iran requiring other countries to not use US dollars in order to get *oil*.

Instead of RP having time to work on any controlled turnaround, we may have an economic catastrophe into Depression here in the near future.

Think Katrina on a massive scale.

I wish I *had* two jobs (even one!), so I wouldn't know about any of this, because it's not being reported by the MSM here.

an.old.analyst
02-06-2008, 08:37 PM
1. There will be NO war with Iran. This is primarily a diversion to maintain fear levels.

2. It has been postulated that these backbone cable cuts were necessary to "force" an upgrade in the communication systems in that region. Further speculation is that the communication path is being rerouted through "controlled" nodes so that information in and out of the region can be more easily monitored. Let's just call this an upgrade.

Sally08
02-06-2008, 08:42 PM
'Euros Accepted' Signs Popping Up in New York City
http://www.cnbc.com/id/23031776/site/14081545

Posted on DP

HOLLYWOOD
02-06-2008, 08:42 PM
1. There will be NO war with Iran. This is primarily a diversion to maintain fear levels.

2. It has been postulated that these backbone cable cuts were necessary to "force" an upgrade in the communication systems in that region. Further speculation is that the communication path is being rerouted through "controlled" nodes so that information in and out of the region can be more easily monitored. Let's just call this an upgrade.

It's a Superior American Technology Upgrade... Underwater cable tapping is getting too expensive and tedious.

Problem solved!

liberteebell
02-06-2008, 08:50 PM
“The most serious threat to the United States is not someone hiding in a cave in Afghanistan or Pakistan, but our own fiscal irresponsibility”. ~David Walker, US Comptroller General

We've obviously been doing a "great job" by ourselves over time.

This e-mail/link just came in: http://www.WantToKnow.info/008/080206mortgagefraudeconomicstimulusplan (from San Francisco Chronicle).

Now, add Iran requiring other countries to not use US dollars in order to get *oil*.

Instead of RP having time to work on any controlled turnaround, we may have an economic catastrophe into Depression here in the near future.

Think Katrina on a massive scale.

I wish I *had* two jobs (even one!), so I wouldn't know about any of this, because it's not being reported by the MSM here.

Ron Paul has been predicting the Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae problems for a long time, as in years.

Sally08
02-06-2008, 08:51 PM
1. There will be NO war with Iran. <snip>

2. <snip> Further speculation is that the communication path is being rerouted through "controlled" nodes so that information in and out of the region can be more easily monitored.

1. No military war, I (think I) agree. Economic attack? Iran is about to do a "body slam". Were the cables cut to delay that, even for a matter of days?

2. "More easily monitored" - by the *U.S.* and presumably, blocked, if necessary, particularly if it is the mid-east *banks*.

Just imagine if we couldn't use the Internet to pay our bills or use Paypal or make other types of money transfers-

I have been told that even our electrical grid leveling is via the Internet.

Sally08
02-06-2008, 08:57 PM
"Ron Paul has been predicting the Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae problems for a long time, as in years."

I believe these current changes are related to the economic stimulus plan, which means the problems are getting much *worse*:

"Increasing Fannie's limit is like going on a spending spree with your credit cards because you know you are going to file for bankruptcy in a few months. Only here the taxpayer is left holding the bag. Our children will pay interest on this debt in perpetuity. It is our debt. It is inescapable. In the coming months, Fannie and Freddie will buy up mortgages based on old, fraudulent appraisals. Many of these loans will still default. Brace yourself for another wave of faxes, phone calls and junk mail urging you to refinance at only 1 percent. With zero new regulation, the same bad actors that caused this crisis can once again ... begin a new cycle of fraud." -- San Francisco Chronicle, 2/3/08

Does increasing Fannie's "credit limit" mean that we won't borrow from China?

Sally08
02-06-2008, 09:10 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/34191

If nothing else, I must say that RP supporters are definitely intelligent:)

The link is to a predominantly financial thread, while this RPF thread has had excellent input as to our defense capabilities and weaknesses.

Thanks for taking the time!

Edu
02-06-2008, 09:27 PM
"Apparently, Ships Can Drag Anchors from Egypt to Malaysia"

http://www.ilovebonnie.net/cablecuts.jpg

derdy
02-06-2008, 09:31 PM
I talked to a friend in Iran yesterday via yahoo messenger so they're not completely cut off.

Dr.3D
02-06-2008, 09:36 PM
I would like to know the depth those cables were under the water. A ship only has just so much anchor chain.

Sally08
02-06-2008, 09:47 PM
http://www.rense.com/general80/cable.htm

Connecting The Many Undersea Cut Cable Dots - 9 Or More?
By Richard Sauder, PhD
Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
2-5-8

The possible list:
one off of Marseille, France
two off of Alexandria, Egypt
one off of Dubai, in the Persian Gulf
one off of Bandar Abbas, Iran in the Persian Gulf
one between Qatar and the UAE, in the Persian Gulf
one in the Suez, Egypt
one near Penang, Malaysia
initially unreported cable cut on 23 January 2008 (Persian Gulf?)

The article has a 20 reference links.

attackkatt
02-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Question - remember those *live* nukes that were flown across the U.S.? Some statements were made that that might have been the setup for war in Iran, except independent-thinking people, like RP supporters, did the *right* thing. Wasn't there a sixth nuke that went "missing"?

I also have news articles about a Chinese warship "popping up" in the middle of war games of ours. Yet, no one knew it was there!

My point is that the Iranian Oil Bourse will be much more destructive than 9/11 and the might of our military will be totally irrelevant, just as it is against suicide bombers in shopping malls. Who would we drop a nuke on after such an economic coup?

We've already seen how drastically other countries are impacted by our Fed's decisions. How much longer will they take that risk?

If Iran, France, Russia (I actually haven't seen China mentioned) quit using the dollar and our economy collapses, those allied countries will have no choice but to drop the dollar, as well, or their own economies will collapse.

I never could understand why they flew nukes from the Dakotas to Barksdale. When I was at Barksdale in the 80's we had shitloads in the storage area. I was an SP from 82-88, there is no possible way it was a mistake. It just has soooooo many safeguards. The SP's at had to be shitting there pants " Planes uploaded only taxi with the whole group one time down the runway for the yearly ORI, if it takes off with nukes everyone on the base writes a will cause it is the end of the world as we know it'

Sally08
02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
http://www.dissidentvoice.org/2008/02/irans-oil-bourse-could-topple-the-dollar/
Iran’s Oil Bourse could Topple the Dollar

Also, within the last week, three of the main underwater cables which carry Internet traffic to the region have been cut in the Persian Gulf. As a result, three-quarters of the international communications between Europe and the Middle East have been lost. Large parts of the Middle East have been plunged into darkness.

Many interesting points in the article, including Bush's recent trip to the Mid-East.

ShaneC
02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
I never could understand why they flew nukes from the Dakotas to Barksdale. When I was at Barksdale in the 80's we had shitloads in the storage area. I was an SP from 82-88, there is no possible way it was a mistake. It just has soooooo many safeguards. The SP's at had to be shitting there pants " Planes uploaded only taxi with the whole group one time down the runway for the yearly ORI, if it takes off with nukes everyone on the base writes a will cause it is the end of the world as we know it'

Never been to Barksdale nor the Dakotas, but as a (former) BISS guy turned contractor, I have reason to believe there's more than enough at either location to uh.......level any issues....