PDA

View Full Version : It's official.

tcindie
02-06-2008, 05:37 PM
I've decided to run for a position in the Minnesota House of Representatives. I just returned home from a 3 hour meeting with the Libertarian Party chair of MN, and I will be seeking their endorsement at the upcoming April convention.

Lou337
02-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Good luck! :)

Gammerus
02-06-2008, 05:45 PM
I've decided to run for a position in the Minnesota House of Representatives. I just returned home from a 3 hour meeting with the Libertarian Party chair of MN, and I will be seeking their endorsement at the upcoming April convention.

Good Luck!

rs3515
02-06-2008, 08:06 PM
If you're looking for help in your run, check out Freeople.com (www.freeople.com). Freeople is launching in a few weeks and will provide tools and applications for pro-freedom candidates running for office.

Ron

Jeffrey_NYA
02-06-2008, 08:40 PM

Where in Minnesota?

Cleaner44
02-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Get in touch with the local meetup and good luck.

Dequeant
02-06-2008, 09:05 PM
You have my support. I'd vote for you if i weren't from MS. However, i think the only way to "change the system" is by taking over the republican party from the inside. It would be nice if our liberitarian bretherin joined us.

evadmurd
02-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Godspeed to you.

Yom
02-06-2008, 11:08 PM
You have my support. I'd vote for you if i weren't from MS. However, i think the only way to "change the system" is by taking over the republican party from the inside. It would be nice if our liberitarian bretherin joined us.

+1

ChicagoLawyer
02-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Not going to run as a Republican? Why not? If you want to win you pretty much have to do it. It's just the plain truth.

tcindie
02-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Because the incumbant is a Republican.

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-08-2008, 01:15 PM
why not try for it anyway? Force a primary! Then your name will already be out there if you also run on the Libertarian ticket. Gives you better publicity!

tommyzDad
02-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Good luck, tcindie.

tcindie
02-08-2008, 11:12 PM
No. If I run as a Republican and lose in a primary then switch to the Libertarian party I'll be viewed as someone who chooses my affiliation based on ambition rather than principle. Which would almost certainly guarantee me a lost race. I will run as a Libertarian (assuming they endorse me, which it sounds like they will) and fight harder than any other candidate for the seat.

A lot of the ideals between both parties are similar, but Libertarians believe in more personal freedoms than the Republican platform accounts for generally. Also, the Republican party has a pretty sour name this time around, especially once McCain gets the nomination.

The Republican party, as said elsewhere on this forum, is a sinking ship. They've lost their way and it is essentially beyond repair. In the midst of a presidential year election, which will always have the highest voter turn out, is not the time to be the "newer better Republican" candidate.

QCB79
02-08-2008, 11:14 PM
stick to your principals and good luck with your run.

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-09-2008, 09:54 AM
No. If I run as a Republican and lose in a primary then switch to the Libertarian party I'll be viewed as someone who chooses my affiliation based on ambition rather than principle.

You're not allowed to run in BOTH in Minnesota? Here in New York you can do both at the same time. It wouldn't be viewed as "switching" to the Libertarian Party, it would be you continuing the race.

tomcat
02-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Huzzah!