PDA

View Full Version : Cheer Up, Yesterday wasn't the be all end all

darbsllim
02-06-2008, 05:31 PM
PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN WIN
THE NOMINATION AND STOP LISTENING TO THE MSM FOR YOUR INFO!

Posted February 6th, 2008 by SGP

I hope someone will put this on the front page so it doesn't get lost.

The MSM is not reporting how to become the nominee in a situation like this so i will tell you to stop getting your info from the MSM.

I know many of you are bummed about yesterday BUT THAT IS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE ELECTION SYSTEM WORKS : Let me explain to you the reality of how to become the nominee.
First stop looking at who wins each states popular vote for most of these states the vote by the people is really nothing but a straw poll and have no real bearing on who will become the nominee. The only way this matters is if 1 person receives 1192 delegates that are bound by state rules to be committed to that candidate. So if a candidate like McCain has 600 delegates now and he doesn't reach 1192 most of the delegates the state awarded him mean nothing and keep in mind in most of the states most of the people that represent the 600 for McCain are actually Ron Paul supporters. NOW there is no possible way that anyone in the race can achieve this goal now because of the major split in state wins by the candidates.

So what happens now you ask? You look at the number of delegates that Dr. Paul has that are uncommitted to the other candidates and will support him. these delegates are not decided by the popular vote ie: straw poll of the people. Since no one will have enough delegates to skate them through to the nomination we now must look at how many delegates NOT VOTES but delegates Dr. Paul has that are 100% uncommitted to the other candidates and will be 100% for Dr. Paul and are free to vote for whom they wish.

This race will go all the way to the convention for there is no other way for someone to receive the nomination until the convention.
The RNC will convene its annual Winter Meeting - and voters will continue to cast their ballots in the nation's primaries and caucuses. Candidates for delegate and alternate delegates to the convention will be elected - and thousands of convention participants and guests will begin planning their trips to Minneapolis-Saint Paul The first week in September 2008.

SO WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN?

This means that all of the people that registered to become a delegate for Dr. Paul can go to the convention and cast their vote for Dr. Paul, now think about what I just said : Do you think for one second that all the people that voted for Dr. Paul and filed to become a delegate will not show up at the convention to vote for the good Doctor? Of course they will, just like they battled the rain and the sleet and the 15 below zero winter weather to knock on doors and wave signs spreading our message.

Now I assure you that even though we didn't win the popular vote in many states WE DID PICK UP THE MAJORITY OF DELEGATES THAN ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES IN MOST EVERY STATE EXCEPT A FEW. So yes, they won the straw poll, but we won what counts, which is delegates.

Doesn't Dr. Paul need to WIN 5 states to be on the ballot at the convention for the nomination? NO THIS IS NOT TRUE for people were just confused on how it actually works.

We only need the majority of delegates from 5 states to be put on the ballot NOT THE POPULAR VOTE OF 5 STATES and i assure you we have picked up the majority of uncommitted delegates for Dr. Paul in more than 5 states.
Do any of you remember seeing posts by myself and many others that said BECOME A DELEGATE? There is still time in most states to become a delegate for the convention and we are picking up more of them every day.

So please STOP you worry too much because you do not understand how the election system works and you thought we lost didn't you? The fact is, Dr. Paul is a genius in his strategy and we are further ahead in delegates than you think and WE CAN WIN the nomination.

I hope this gives a better understanding of how we have been winning even though most of you thought we were not.

NOW LET'S KEEP WORKING!

Post by: Dr. Steve Parent

Eagles
02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Great Post.

Thank you

Spread the word everyone!

mpython77
02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Thank you Mr. Steve for that insightful clarification.

fireinme
02-06-2008, 05:40 PM
sticky this.

Eagles
02-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Yeah, make this a sticky please.

AzNsOuLjAh27
02-06-2008, 09:48 PM
sticky this.

Immediately

Chirosupporter
02-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Amen brother and great post. However, wouldn't it be fair to say that all the "undecided" delegates would be paid off to cast their vote for the others? We know this is not an option for Paul because we strictly do not operate that way.

JordanQ72
02-06-2008, 10:00 PM
NOW there is no possible way that anyone in the race can achieve this goal now because of the major split in state wins by the candidates.

Why? McCain would need to pick up 400 out of 1100 uncommitted delegates. I don't see this as impossible, especially if 1 of the other 2 drop out, it's an easy given.

Midnight77
02-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Now I assure you that even though we didn't win the popular vote in many states WE DID PICK UP THE MAJORITY OF DELEGATES THAN ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES IN MOST EVERY STATE EXCEPT A FEW. So yes, they won the straw poll, but we won what counts, which is delegates.

We picked up the majority of delegates than all the other candidates in most every state? How does this column have any credibility, whatsoever with a flat-out lie like this?

Tina
02-06-2008, 10:09 PM
And remember everyone, feeling like we have lost and giving up hope is exactly what the big players want us to do, just give up and go away. Let's not give them what they want..ever.

diesirae
02-06-2008, 10:23 PM
We picked up the majority of delegates than all the other candidates in most every state? How does this column have any credibility, whatsoever with a flat-out lie like this?

Yeah; look at what Paul's official site say:

http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/02/ron-paul-nation.html

While much of the focus in yesterday’s Super Tuesday contests focused on preference poll numbers, Ron Paul caucus-goers were focused on securing delegates to the national convention. With dedicated supporters and an organization focused purely on securing delegates, the campaign has secured more delegates to the national convention in Minneapolis-St. Paul than caucus straw polls might otherwise suggest.

According to campaign projections, a minimum of 24 delegates were won in yesterday’s contests. When added to projected delegates coming from strong showings in Iowa (4), Nevada (8), Louisiana (3) and Maine (3), that brings the total delegate count to 42 delegates or more.

This is not "a majority" even in the states he's quoting. Optimism is nice, but outright lying is not productive and leads to disappointment.

sb10
02-06-2008, 10:31 PM
keep in mind in most of the states most of the people that represent the 600 for McCain are actually Ron Paul supporters.

How exactly do you know this?

diesirae
02-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Also, I know this might be an unpopular sentiment, but I'm not really sure if I'm comfortable with the idea what we could "win" the Republican nomination in the manner described in the first post.

I don't think it's ethical, or fair, to have Ron Paul supporters masquerade as Mitt Romney supporters, or John McCain supporters so that they will be elected to the National Convention in the hope that a brokered convention will release them from their pledges and allow them to nominate Ron Paul.

The delegates selected at the state level are supposed to represent the goals, values, and interests of those who elected them. They're supposed to be the voice for those individuals at the Convention -- to have our individuals pretend to be that voice, and gain election on that basis, when it's all a lie leaves a really, really bitter taste in my mouth.

I don't think I would want to win the nomination that way -- that's exactly the kind of abusive double-dealing that Ron Paul doesn't represent in politics, and I would hate for that to the be the way he kicks off his Presidential run.

I also don't think the GOP would stand for it -- the outcry would be absolutely tremendous, both against Ron Paul, and the GOP. You'd probably see the RNC pull their support from his campaign, and field another candidate. It just seems, all around, like a really bad scheme -- both strategically, and ethically.

AgentOrange
02-06-2008, 10:57 PM
ou'd probably see the RNC pull their support from his campaign, and field another candidate.

Good point. I would venture they would do that even if Ron Paul won fair and square.

For the naysayers, don't think it can't happen. Similar situation happened here in IL a fears back, 2 Lyndon LaRoche candidates ran under the democratic primary for Lt Governor and another position, and surprise, surprise, they won (due to voter apathy and people haven't absolutely no idea who they were voting for.) The Democratic party started a new party, pulled all the real Democrat candidates to the new party and left the 2 LaRoche candidates as the only Democrats on the ballot (they both lost).

Yeah, I could see the Republican party doing this if Paul won the nomination.

josephadel_3
02-07-2008, 12:07 AM
I don't understand. How can you say we won the majority of delegates in most states? I would like to stay optimistic as well. Don't stop supporting Ron Paul for president, but don't delude yourself, either. We have at least 42 National delegates. That is not a majority, and you cannot count on McCain state delegates to all of a sudden vote for Ron Paul supporters to go to the national convention.

mak
02-07-2008, 12:43 AM
First, I want to say that I read all the forums here, whether or not they are about my state. Having said that, I am a delegate from the WV Convention.
Here are my thoughts. I, myself was never really “involved” in politics until Ron Paul. His views on issues that were important to me spoke to me. So I became a member of my local GOP committee. That was months ago. In that time I have learned a great many things. I have learned that it takes Strategy to win. That term is thrown around among the MSM but until you are part of it, the inner workings of it, honestly it is nothing more than a buzz word.
In a Utopia society there would be no need for strategy, the truth is we don’t live in a Utopia. We live here and now, in 2008, in the United States of America and being such we have to “play”. I use that term loosely.
We are NOT masquerading as Romney or McCain supporters. We are doing what is common practice in the political field. Do I agree with it? No. Do I have a greater understanding after being part of it? Yes.
Honestly, do you think if Hillary could have become a senator in the state in which her husband was Governor she would have ran there? No, she didn’t have a chance, so she went somewhere where she knew she would be elected. It’s the seedy side of things. Most of life is like that. It has its great moments and it has the parts that no one likes to speak about. Hell, I’d venture to guess that all of us has had made choices that we didn’t like but we knew for the greater good, be that a job, relationship, etc. it had to be done.
I so very much wish that in that in this day and age we could all just make our decisions with our hearts, the problem is that, well… the world and especially this country doesn’t work this way.
It should also be noted, that I was an “at large” delegate. Meaning that I was to represent the views of those in my county. I got three votes. THREE! Mind you, there are obviously more voters in my county than that. The hard reality is that the majority of voters are more or less for one candidate or another. A big part of the population either doesn’t vote or isn’t even registered to vote. So in my case, did I represent who voted for me? Yes, I did. I can’t help it if no one cared enough to not vote for me. The real problem lies in the complacency of the average American citizen. Sorry if my vote or my actions leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, I DID represent the three people that came to vote for me. I was their voice and I that I did what I thought was best for OUR candidate.
Truth be told if each and every eligible citizen voted, maybe our country wouldn’t be in the state that it is in now.