PDA

View Full Version : Paper or Electronic: How you voted could

project100cars
02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Did you use the paper or electronic ballot?

Prior to the election emails were in circulation from Ron Paul supporters and it encouraged that we would vote by paper ballots.

Today I asked my meetup group how they voted. Results are here:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1105/polls/115827/?showResults=1

Thus far:
- 3 voted absentee ballot
- 7 voted on Feb 5th electronically
- 19 voted on Feb 5th using the paper ballots

That puts us at 22 out of 29 that voted by paper for Ron Paul. I know, not very scientific but it could be an indication of how Ron Paul supporters voted at large.

If the majority of Ron Paul voters did indeed vote by electronic means, that could explain why we are polling so low in the current results. In Orange County, only electronic votes are in thus far. We called the Registrar of Voting office and they told us that the paper ballots will be counted within the next 30 days. That's up to THIRTY DAAAYS!!! Don't get me wrong, I am in no ways indicating that we could have won our delegates. But it would be nice to hand the red lantern to Huckabee in some districts.

I encourage all Calfornia meetup organizers to put the same Poll on their meetup site. Be sure to email it out to your members so that they participate in the polls.

Please Post a link of the Poll results page within this thread and let us know where your meetup group is from.

I have a feeling we got around twice as many votes but they are still to be counted (if they every willl. I hope they do).

So why did people encourage us to use paper over electronic? It just doesn't make sense to me.

paulgirl
02-06-2008, 05:14 PM
That was really dumb. I thought so when the email went out, but I didn't know it would cause such a pain.

The electronic machines print out a little paper ballot anyway, so it's not like there isn't a paper trail should there be a recount.