PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Votes not counted

slamhead
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
I am in Orange County and this email may have been broadcast to the San Diego meetup. An email was sent to all meetups telling everyone to use paper ballots instead of electronic voting. We did a poll among our meetup and 76% voted via absentee ballot or paper ballot.

None of these votes were included in the results from last night. The paper ballots and absentee ballots will be counted within the 30 day certification process. This is all true. I called the Orange County registrars office and confirmed it.

So the chances are we did not come in last place with 4%.

I don't know how widespread this email was but the paranoia hurt us in the end.

The New Revere
02-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Good information. I really think there should be an effort to have California voters check in. Our own exit poll if you will. It will give us a real idea of the numbers of California votes when all is totalled and will let us know if the provisional and absentee ballots get correctly accredited.

MrsW
02-06-2008, 04:48 PM
I just called the Alameda County (NorCal) ROV and they said that the absentee ballots received in the mail by them were counted last night. If absentee ballots were turned in at the polls, those have not been counted yet.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I am in Orange County and this email may have been broadcast to the San Diego meetup. An email was sent to all meetups telling everyone to use paper ballots instead of electronic voting. We did a poll among our meetup and 76% voted via absentee ballot or paper ballot.

None of these votes were included in the results from last night. The paper ballots and absentee ballots will be counted within the 30 day certification process. This is all true. I called the Orange County registrars office and confirmed it.

Yes but you have to realize that at 99% of the polling locations, voters were NOT offered, and most of the time were actually denied, a paper ballot. My friend had to ask for one and when they gave it to her they gave her a highlighter to mark off the choice. I went to 2 other polls and neither of these polls made paper ballots available to voters. These poll workers are completely incompetent, and they are also trained to discourage use of paper ballots.

So now matter how you look at it, we were still robbed of votes.

Lisa S
02-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Anyone fine it strange in Boston that in some counties Ron Paul got 0 or 1 vote. I find it hard to believe that a person couldn't get one more family member to vote for Ron Paul. Everyone should check out blackbox voting to see if these things to watch for happened. I would say alot of them did.

dblee
02-06-2008, 08:18 PM
lets face it. our eagerness to blame voter fraud and tinfoil hat paranoia got us in the end.

I voted via a paper ballot, and told all my friends and family to as well.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 08:49 PM
lets face it. our eagerness to blame voter fraud and tinfoil hat paranoia got us in the end.

I voted via a paper ballot, and told all my friends and family to as well.

It's not paranoia to be prepared. Voting by paper ballots IS a good idea, however "they" knew this and they tried to sabotage it. And the whole crap with party affiliation - they KNEW damn well that many people will be 1st time voters or changing affiliations to repub just to vote for Paul - think about it! By the way those paper ballots were NOT counted last night and were not included in the "official" results you saw on tv.

But if you were to use the electronic machines you'd be throwing your votes away anyways because I am convinced that those results are corrupted as well.

I'm not saying don't ever vote again. But educate yourself next time & be prepared, consider volunteering as a poll worker, and be a poll watcher and observer for ballot counting. Bring cameras, ask questions, the whole 9 yards. Don't let them continue to f&ck with us like this.

ImaBeleevah
02-06-2008, 09:42 PM
MY VOTE WAS STOLEN. I voted at precinct #625-0038A, Salvation Army, 4th St. Santa Monica, CA. Eleven blatant violations of voter rights.
1) Did not receive paper privacy sleeve, mentioned it but met with silence
(2) no curtain at booth and booth had Republican sign on it
(3) lady opened and read my vote & sent me to little old guy at optical scanner;
(4) little old guy opened my ballot, looked at my vote, gave me the stub.
(5) little old guy said when I insert ballot into optical scanner, it will return if I over or under voted (THEN WHY DID TWO PEOPLE LOOK AT MY VOTES?
(6) I asked which direction to insert it, face side up or down? Some machines do not read the back I hear; He assured me either way was okay; I could insert ballot face side up or face side down and my vote would be tallied.
(7) I told him machines cannot read through the back. He said this one will and either way works;
(8) ballot accepted but no receipt from machine; I told him I want my receipt;
(9) he said a receipt is not necessary, that he had already given me the stub;
(10) Firmly and not rudely I told him I want my receipt. I want proof my vote was counted and counted properly; but he said 'you do not need it! you have proof you voted with your stub!"
I wrote BlackBoxVoting.org on a slip of paper, gave it to him, stooped to look him in the eye and said 'you need to see the videos of voter fraud, machines that do not give receipts, poll workers who look at voters ballots!"
(11) a young man handed him his provisional ballot, little old guy looked it, did not give him receipt. I may be wrong but it almost appeared it was not secured.
My County Registration office said this was not good, my rights were violated, she took my formal complaint, will speak to her supervisor and call me back.
Notified Bev Harris at BlackBoxVoting.org. She is masterful! See "Hacking Democracy" on youtube. I'm running with this!:mad:
In all my 62 years, this was the most important vote I ever cast. I'm broken hearted.

Syren123
02-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Yes but you have to realize that at 99% of the polling locations, voters were NOT offered, and most of the time were actually denied, a paper ballot. My friend had to ask for one and when they gave it to her they gave her a highlighter to mark off the choice. I went to 2 other polls and neither of these polls made paper ballots available to voters. These poll workers are completely incompetent, and they are also trained to discourage use of paper ballots.

So now matter how you look at it, we were still robbed of votes.

There were only two counties that used touch screen: San Mateo and Orange. All others used paper ballots.

hillertexas
02-07-2008, 01:01 AM
MY VOTE WAS STOLEN. I voted at precinct #625-0038A, Salvation Army, 4th St. Santa Monica, CA. Eleven blatant violations of voter rights.
1) Did not receive paper privacy sleeve, mentioned it but met with silence
(2) no curtain at booth and booth had Republican sign on it
(3) lady opened and read my vote & sent me to little old guy at optical scanner;
(4) little old guy opened my ballot, looked at my vote, gave me the stub.
(5) little old guy said when I insert ballot into optical scanner, it will return if I over or under voted (THEN WHY DID TWO PEOPLE LOOK AT MY VOTES?
(6) I asked which direction to insert it, face side up or down? Some machines do not read the back I hear; He assured me either way was okay; I could insert ballot face side up or face side down and my vote would be tallied.
(7) I told him machines cannot read through the back. He said this one will and either way works;
(8) ballot accepted but no receipt from machine; I told him I want my receipt;
(9) he said a receipt is not necessary, that he had already given me the stub;
(10) Firmly and not rudely I told him I want my receipt. I want proof my vote was counted and counted properly; but he said 'you do not need it! you have proof you voted with your stub!"
I wrote BlackBoxVoting.org on a slip of paper, gave it to him, stooped to look him in the eye and said 'you need to see the videos of voter fraud, machines that do not give receipts, poll workers who look at voters ballots!"
(11) a young man handed him his provisional ballot, little old guy looked it, did not give him receipt. I may be wrong but it almost appeared it was not secured.
My County Registration office said this was not good, my rights were violated, she took my formal complaint, will speak to her supervisor and call me back.
Notified Bev Harris at BlackBoxVoting.org. She is masterful! See "Hacking Democracy" on youtube. I'm running with this!:mad:
In all my 62 years, this was the most important vote I ever cast. I'm broken hearted.

Thank you so much for running with this.

jbuttell
02-07-2008, 01:20 AM
I don't know how widespread it is, but it does seem very very common as I've read it on here, on other forums, on my meetupgroups from multiple people.

It happen3ed to me. I registered from Libertarian to Republican, they returned a card to me that failed to state party affiliation and it had my name/address wrong (I happen to get it as I'm in same apt complex as prior address) So i had to do a provisional ballot.

*sigh*

unbelievable.

intelliot
02-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Please, fight to make sure your vote counts, and let us know how it goes. We'll support you in any way we can.

Every single vote matters. If 1 person is cheated, it might as well be 100,000, each person thinking that they're the only one.

That said, at the polling place I went to, they had only paper ballots.

MrZach
02-07-2008, 01:26 AM

Now you know better. ;)

I am EXTREMELY opposed to early voting / absentee voting if it isn't absolutly necessary! :confused:

hrdman2luv
02-07-2008, 02:24 AM
I don't understand why results aren't made public every day with the early voting. seems to me, It would make it a lot more transparent to know about who's getting what, from the first day the polls open.

Heck, a lot of people don't even know they can vote early.

sacvaljc
02-07-2008, 05:49 AM
"Votes not counted" is only half right. According to the Secretary of State, there are at least 350,000 ballots that have not been counted yet. These are vote-by-mail (absentee) ballots dropped off at polling places, provisional ballots, and damaged ballots. The Secretary of State has a PDF file available here: http://vote.ss.ca.gov/Misc/votebymail.htm

Ron Paul is not going to pick up any California delegates, but I suspect the insult of seeing him win fewer votes than Giuliani will be corrected.

LordBucket
02-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Voting by paper ballots IS a good idea

The paper vote was completely unverifiable. There is absolutely no tracking between vote and ballot. Paper voting was no more secure than electronic. Read this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=112869).

slacker921
02-14-2008, 08:34 PM
just bumping this back up.. the count is currently 1 million votes in CA not counted (http://www.sacbee.com/111/story/711791.html).