PDA

View Full Version : We are over half a million STRONG

Mani
02-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I counted votes from each primary and caucus and we are at 569,059, and that's only 29 states so far.

This doesn't include votes that didn't count (my wife's absentee ballot was not counted and I still haven't received an answer). Other provisional ballots were thrown out as we know, and others did not register to vote in time for closed primaries.

So we are even MORE than HALF a million.

I'm sure we are over a MILLION strong (just in the US).

That truly is an amazing number. That is much more than a few spammers on the internet.

That's a large enough group of people, enough activists that can make a difference in our country.

When we put our strength together we can make a change.

The Revolution needs to become local. Thousands and thousands of us at the state and local levels need to put our resources together and ELECT the right people in congress!

We need people running the RP platform to get into congress. We can draw our strength, resources, and support from our REVOLUTION brothers and sisters across the state and nation, and get the right people elected!

We need to build a team for Ron Paul in Congress whether he's in the white house or not.

This is how we can bring about this REVOLUTION!

There are SO MANY of US! Together we can achieve our goals of PEACE, PROSPERITY, and FREEDOM!

AFM
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Half a million strong vs. 150 million retarded.

bcreps85
02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Half a million strong vs. 150 million retarded.

There is a difference though. We are half a million WILLING TO FIGHT.

None of the Hillary, Obama, Huckabee, or McCain voters are willing to fight, we are.

Mani
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM

None of the Hillary, Obama, Huckabee, or McCain voters are willing to fight, we are.

EXACTLY!

150 million SHEEP!

That half a million can make a difference in EACH of our COMMUNITIES.

KevinDW78
02-06-2008, 04:20 PM
That's depressing. Ross Perot had nearly 20 million votes in 1992 and we are only 2.5% of what he got?

coyote_sprit
02-06-2008, 04:23 PM
That's depressing. Ross Perot had nearly 20 million votes in 1992 and we are only 2.5% of what he got?

Then again people weren't as stupid back then a lot has happened in 16 years.

Doriath
02-06-2008, 04:27 PM
For comparison purposes, back in 1988 when Paul ran in the general on the Libertarian ticket, he got 431,750 votes nationwide.

blakjak
02-06-2008, 04:39 PM
If all that voted so far gave $100 - thats $56 million.

Mani
02-06-2008, 04:44 PM
For comparison purposes, back in 1988 when Paul ran in the general on the Libertarian ticket, he got 431,750 votes nationwide.

Those were probably registered Libertarians, who may be more active then the average person, I'm not sure.

However, I do think we are a powerful group.

Remember this saying:

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.

We are much more than a small group, but we are committed and we CAN make a difference.

AgentOrange
02-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Many, many people can't vote in caucauses and others refuse to vote in the primaries because they don't want to declare a party. To have 500,000 votes out of the 25 states so far is not bad--undoubtedly there are many, many more people in those states who can't or won't be voting until the general election.

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-06-2008, 04:46 PM

Didn't he also have the benefit of media coverage ? And deep pockets ?

Mani
02-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Didn't he also have the benefit of media coverage ? And deep pockets ?

Yes. And it was a GENERAL election, not a primary.

He wasn't attacked and ridiculed until the last couple of months. He was actually leading in some polls in the summer.

jacmicwag
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Baby steps first.

Dave Pedersen
02-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Believe in the message of freedom.

Freedom is popular. As the noose of tyranny tightens freedom will shine even brighter. As our economy weakens Dr. Paul's message will ring more true. The evils our enemy imposes upon us strengthen the teeth of our message and this is our hidden advantage. Even as those who wish to subdue us gain their successes they also undo themselves.

angelatc
02-06-2008, 04:59 PM

That was in the Presidential election. Primary votes can't be honestly compared to that.

hrdman2luv
02-06-2008, 05:15 PM

When you use the word fight. I suspect you mean donations, voting, canvassing etc etc..........

Our fighting is what has gotten Ron Pauls support as strong as it is. It is alos why the other candidates are leading in the polls, primaries and delegates.
Ron Paul states the reasons why we were attacked on 9/11. We all know why. What we, and HQ, need to realize that if Ron Paul is going to be able to get his message across to the others, is that
"NONODY CARES OR UNDERSTAND THE FRIGGIN GOLD STANDARD!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY CARES OR EVEN THINKS THAT ABOLISHING THE IRS OR THE INCOME TAX IS EVEN A VIABLE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!"

For pete's sake people. It all about the war, economy, paying your bills, fuel costs, etc etc etc........Ron Pauls message needs to be simplified to the extreme.
Remember when John Kerry said "I voted for it before I voted against it"????
Most people didn't understand that right away. Not that they were stupid. But because it wasn't worded right. Same thing with Ron Paul Gold Standard and income tax speeches.

I believe Ron Paul is a financial guru. And he needs to remember that most people don't know what he knows. They don't understand it. And that he is talking over most peoples head.

And this thing about "appealing to younger voters"...........Was that his decision? Or some ding bat at HQ? Most young people don't vote. They blog, date, study, party, and work. But they don't vote. Just look at the stats on the exit polls. You have less than 10% of young voters and always over 60% of people over 30.

I'm 37 and Ron Paul appeals to me. And I keep up with politics. Most people my age, are worried about whats going to happen to this country and our kids future. Young people are just looking for something to do.

HQ needs to realize this if they are going to turn things around.

RonPaulFTFW
02-06-2008, 06:20 PM
i think 14 million voted for democrats and 8 million voted for Republicans yeterday.

Shows you what a minority we are and why we had a better chance stealing democrats (young ones) than republicans.

sajorojas
02-06-2008, 06:55 PM

That is extremely depressing. :(

pathis
02-06-2008, 07:19 PM
That was in the Presidential election. Primary votes can't be honestly compared to that.

+1 Exactly

ShowMeLiberty
02-06-2008, 07:24 PM
By the time we got to Tuesday, we were half a million strong?

"We are stardust
We are golden..."

(just a little flashback/humor for us older folks. :) )

ducky
02-06-2008, 07:44 PM
You know what you need to do - is get the word out to all Ron Paul supporters around the country. All of them, and get them all to converge or march into Washington or some place as a group.
Something mass like that, showing collective power is enough to entice peple and gain priceless media attention. I havn't heard of soomething like that being done this far on a mass scale and i really think it should be looked into.
Its named and unnamed benefits would be priceless.

I see it now, at least a few hundred thousand banners floating down a street being led by the Ron Paul Limo with the blimp flying over head.

r0bren0
02-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Your right we are... so what is the next step? Well we need to stop discussing the short term micro scale and start focusing on the bigger picture. I am not sure if any of you read the below thought provoking points made by someone else on these boards, but I would think that this is inline with this post.

Determine a list of other Congressmen to support and donate to (there is more than one way to take over a country)

Create a national fund starting now. 50,000 people donating just $20 per month for the next 40 months with a 5% APR compounded, would generate $126 million for Ron or whoever he endorses for the next election. Let's see the media try to silence him then.

Parlay this support into a larger grass roots effort. We weren't able to get precinct leaders in every precinct in the country, but what could we do in 4 years?

Begin informing the general public. Bring these issues to the people nationally even if we have to talk to millions of people individually over the next 4 years. 50,000 people talking to just 2 different people per day for 1200 days would reach 120 million people (and maybe more as some of those people would then talk to others). We are talking about a third of the country. We aren't going to convert everybody and that's ok. But I think most of us feel that there is a lot more support for this movement out there, if people were informed and even knew that Ron Paul existed and what he stood for. There are still tons of people who say "Ron Paul who?" or if they have heard of him, there is no way they could tell you what he stands for. We need to circumvent the media. That is hard to do in a couple months but in 4 years, it is VERY possible. Plus, as our economy gets even worse and inflation continues to skyrocket, I think people are going to be really interested in WHY this has happened. Most don't know how the FED works or how our overspending has destroyed our economy.

Please bump/copynpaste the above list.

darbsllim
02-06-2008, 07:58 PM
if every one of these Ron Paul voters installed the Ron Paul toolbar on their computer for free and used it once a day - we could raise 6 and maybe even 7 figures MONTHLY for the grassroots.

And it's all for free...

Mani
02-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Your right we are... so what is the next step? Well we need to stop discussing the short term micro scale and start focusing on the bigger picture. I am not sure if any of you read the below thought provoking points made by someone else on these boards, but I would think that this is inline with this post.

Determine a list of other Congressmen to support and donate to (there is more than one way to take over a country)

Create a national fund starting now. 50,000 people donating just $20 per month for the next 40 months with a 5% APR compounded, would generate $126 million for Ron or whoever he endorses for the next election. Let's see the media try to silence him then.

Parlay this support into a larger grass roots effort. We weren't able to get precinct leaders in every precinct in the country, but what could we do in 4 years?

Begin informing the general public. Bring these issues to the people nationally even if we have to talk to millions of people individually over the next 4 years. 50,000 people talking to just 2 different people per day for 1200 days would reach 120 million people (and maybe more as some of those people would then talk to others). We are talking about a third of the country. We aren't going to convert everybody and that's ok. But I think most of us feel that there is a lot more support for this movement out there, if people were informed and even knew that Ron Paul existed and what he stood for. There are still tons of people who say "Ron Paul who?" or if they have heard of him, there is no way they could tell you what he stands for. We need to circumvent the media. That is hard to do in a couple months but in 4 years, it is VERY possible. Plus, as our economy gets even worse and inflation continues to skyrocket, I think people are going to be really interested in WHY this has happened. Most don't know how the FED works or how our overspending has destroyed our economy.

Please bump/copynpaste the above list.

Someone who gets it!

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

We are half a million ACTIVISTS. Not sheep! I've heard there may be as many as 10-12 RP Supporters running under his platform and going for Congress. If we are nationally funding these local elections we have a chance at getting many of these people in Washington!

And 2 years from now we send another dozen or more Supporters into Congress, and again in 2 years! Every TWO years we keep putting people with Ron Paul's platform into Washington and THEN IT WONT BE ONLY RON PAUL AS DR. NO!

The Neo-Cons did this over a couple decades until they finally hijacked the party, it's OUR TURN TO GET IT BACK!

We can do this without them even noticing until one day HALF OF CONGRESS IS VOTING TO GET RID OF THE FED and working to shut down the IRS.

Even with a group of 10,20,30 people with our platform in Congress, they will be working on other members of Congress. Many people in Washington agree with Ron Paul but don't have the cajones to be the only guy to stand with him. If there's a contingent and RP's ideas and bills have a voting bloc behind him, other members of congress will definitely follow!

This is how we take back our country!

By the end of this primary I'm sure we'll discover there are over a million activists willing to put some time and effort to get our country back. That is more than enough to accomplish those objectives!

The movement started with the presidential primary, but let's take this to ANOTHER LEVEL, even if RP became the nominee and became president, he needs people in Congress supporting him.

As an organization of a half a million strong we need to consolidate our resources to make sure ANY CONGRESSIONAL OR SENATE SEAT being challenged by someone endorsed by Ron Paul MUST WIN! We must assist in their campaign like we have Ron Paul's campaign.

We need money bombs, ads in the paper, letters to the local papers and letters and phone calls to residents of the district, and of course canvassing! The same effort we put into supporting Ron Paul, we need to do that at EACH LEVEL for ANYONE Running our platform.

It's not easy, incumbents almost always win battles from new upstart individuals. But WE ARE HALF A MILLION STRONG! WE have an army of activists that should be able to WIN ANY CONGRESSIONAL SEAT!

Think of the primary as our training, the congressional seats are the real thing! We need to win these and take back congress!

Elle
02-06-2008, 10:23 PM
http://www.myspace.com/santoroforcongress

He needs 250k by February 22nd. I gave $50 so far. Anyone else want to help Dean out?

Mani
02-07-2008, 02:11 PM
We need to support these Ron Paul Candidates!

http://www.scholaroffreedom.com/

http://www.flytoliberty.com/

http://www.santoroforcongress.org/