PDA

View Full Version : Seattle PI Predicts Obama, Paul victory

rtil
02-06-2008, 03:52 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/349849_camfi04.html

and they endorsed mccain, so perhaps they're facing facts. ;)

kirkblitz
02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
i hope we do

Sey.Naci
02-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Great. Now the vultures will flock in to prevent an RP win.

surf
02-06-2008, 04:19 PM
speaking of their endorsement of McWar, i wonder if they are feeling a bit guilty about it:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/hongop.shtml
John McCain's racist remark very troubling

Thursday, March 2, 2000

By KATIE HONG
SPECIAL TO THE POST-INTELLIGENCER

On his campaign bus recently, Sen. John McCain told reporters, "I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live." Although McCain said he was referring only to his prison guards, there are many reasons why his use of the word "gook" is offensive and alarming.

It is offensive because by using a racial epithet that has historically been used to demean all Asians to describe his captors, McCain failed to make a distinction between his torturers and an entire racial group.

It is alarming because a major candidate for president publicly used a racial epithet, refused to apologize for doing so and remains a legitimate contender.

Contrary to McCain's attempt to narrowly define "gook" to mean only his "sadistic" captors, this term has historically been used to describe all Asians. McCain said that "gook" was the most "polite" term he could find to describe his captors, but because it is simply a pejorative term for Asians, he insulted his captors simply by calling them "Asians" -- a clearly disturbing message. To the Asian American community, the term is akin to the racist word "******." A friend of mine, a white male Vietnam veteran, pointed out that veterans, especially Vietnam veterans, know how spiteful the term "gook" is. It has everything to do with labeling someone as "other," the enemy and yellow. McCain sent the message that all Asians are foreigners and remain forever the "other" and the enemy.

Shed
02-06-2008, 04:19 PM
This article is about campaign doners. Paul actually (if I remember correctly) takes more than any other GOP candidate in individual donations in every single state. Hasn't won him hundreds of delegates though.

Best of luck to RP supporters in Washington!

axiomata
02-06-2008, 04:21 PM
I got a job offer out in Seattle. I guess I ought to take it. Seems like good people.

defe07
02-06-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't beleive this at all. For those of you who are dedicating your time to Paul, thanks but we need to keep quiet. We can get a win but we must keep our remarks to ourselves. ;)

Mystile
02-06-2008, 06:25 PM
more than once have we been pumped up just to be knocked down :(

nate895
02-06-2008, 10:09 PM
I got a job offer out in Seattle. I guess I ought to take it. Seems like good people.

Only the Ron Paul supporters, most others are stupid and are totally ignorant of manners. Most are introverts who don't even talk to you except the occasional "hi" if you're a neighbor and you happen to stop by the mailbox. Did I mention more than half the year it rains?

I can't wait to move out of here, preferably to a Southern state. I'll spread the message there.

Anthony T
02-06-2008, 10:12 PM
I lived in Seattle for 8 years and loved it there. :D

rtil
02-07-2008, 04:04 PM
This article is about campaign doners. Paul actually (if I remember correctly) takes more than any other GOP candidate in individual donations in every single state. Hasn't won him hundreds of delegates though.

Best of luck to RP supporters in Washington!

They're also predicting a Ron Paul victory. He has strong support in Seattle.

CorkyAgain
02-07-2008, 04:13 PM
They're also predicting a Ron Paul victory. He has strong support in Seattle.

It doesn't surprise me that Seattle would go for RP. It's an antiwar town.

What's the word from the rest of the state? Tacoma? Everett? Spokane?

Now that Mitt's out of the race, where will WA's Mormon vote go? Will they come over to us, or to Hucklebee, or stay home?

Naraku
02-07-2008, 04:46 PM
We need a win is all I have to say.

Fudwamper
02-07-2008, 04:59 PM
The best support that WA has is its relatively quite but LARGE military population.
It has them all. 2 large Air force bases, a large Army fort with many camps through out the state, many naval stations, and coast guard operations.

RonPaulFTW08
02-08-2008, 05:53 AM

Ack! Reminds me of a long lost friend I have up there. I should call her soon and tell her to vote for RP! She would love him..

libertythor
02-08-2008, 12:51 PM
NOT AGAIN! The pattern here is that in all states that Paul is strong in, the MSM tips off the supporters of other candidates into voting.

tbrambo
02-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Dr. Paul does better in caucuses too! This is great. I hope this is the big shocker the media CAN'T ignore!

Pray if you pray

hope if you hope

but EVERYONE......keep Washington in your thoughts tomorrow!

fedup100
02-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Only the Ron Paul supporters, most others are stupid and are totally ignorant of manners. Most are introverts who don't even talk to you except the occasional "hi" if you're a neighbor and you happen to stop by the mailbox. Did I mention more than half the year it rains?

I can't wait to move out of here, preferably to a Southern state. I'll spread the message there.

Well as a southerner who lives in Seattle I must disagree with you on some of your thoughts. you can have the heat and tornados, I like Seattle. These people are Northeners and not very friendly. They are like California lite, but they love southern accents. They are also greenies and tree huggers.

Seattle is very beautiful and a wonderful climate. It is a combination of Scotland, Hawaii and Alaska and there are no nasty poisonous snakes and stuff like that. Do not be fooled about raining all the time, some years yes it rains more than others but most of the time it is fantastic.

Don't tell too many though, they will all want to come.

dt_
02-09-2008, 01:24 AM
NOT AGAIN! The pattern here is that in all states that Paul is strong in, the MSM tips off the supporters of other candidates into voting.

Well at least Romney isn't going to contact his supporters in the state now that he's "suspended" his campaign..

syborius
02-09-2008, 09:30 AM
speaking of their endorsement of McWar, i wonder if they are feeling a bit guilty about it:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/hongop.shtml
John McCain's racist remark very troubling

Thursday, March 2, 2000

By KATIE HONG
SPECIAL TO THE POST-INTELLIGENCER

On his campaign bus recently, Sen. John McCain told reporters, "I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live." Although McCain said he was referring only to his prison guards, there are many reasons why his use of the word "gook" is offensive and alarming.

It is offensive because by using a racial epithet that has historically been used to demean all Asians to describe his captors, McCain failed to make a distinction between his torturers and an entire racial group.

It is alarming because a major candidate for president publicly used a racial epithet, refused to apologize for doing so and remains a legitimate contender.

Contrary to McCain's attempt to narrowly define "gook" to mean only his "sadistic" captors, this term has historically been used to describe all Asians. McCain said that "gook" was the most "polite" term he could find to describe his captors, but because it is simply a pejorative term for Asians, he insulted his captors simply by calling them "Asians" -- a clearly disturbing message. To the Asian American community, the term is akin to the racist word "******." A friend of mine, a white male Vietnam veteran, pointed out that veterans, especially Vietnam veterans, know how spiteful the term "gook" is. It has everything to do with labeling someone as "other," the enemy and yellow. McCain sent the messeage that all Asians are foreigners and remain forever the "other" and the enemy.

something is seriously wrong in this country when you assumed that the republican party can not possibly find someone worse than chimpy, and then it dawns on you that they just may have.

rtil
02-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Pfft. people say it rains all the time in seattle. NYC gets more rain annually than seattle does by a longshot! anyway, we CAN win washington, people. and if we do, it will be big news. plus, our biggest threat here was romney - and now he's out for the count.

nbhadja
02-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Well as a southerner who lives in Seattle I must disagree with you on some of your thoughts. you can have the heat and tornados, I like Seattle. These people are Northeners and not very friendly. They are like California lite, but they love southern accents. They are also greenies and tree huggers.

Seattle is very beautiful and a wonderful climate. It is a combination of Scotland, Hawaii and Alaska and there are no nasty poisonous snakes and stuff like that. Do not be fooled about raining all the time, some years yes it rains more than others but most of the time it is fantastic.

Don't tell too many though, they will all want to come.

I wish I could live in multiple places at once, but it's hard to leave Southwest florida and its beaches.

ike
02-09-2008, 04:42 PM
The best support that WA has is its relatively quite but LARGE military population.
It has them all. 2 large Air force bases, a large Army fort with many camps through out the state, many naval stations, and coast guard operations.

On the other side of that coin, it's also home to Boeing and many other war profiteers.