PDA

View Full Version : Need your help in North Texas!

DeadtoSin
02-06-2008, 03:39 PM
We got a meetup going almost spontaneously a couple weeks ago. Our first meeting is on Thursday, and we are going to be getting ready to take out ads in newspapers and putting up signs.

*Edited out request for materials*

Also, we are in need of an ad to run in the local newspapers. We are planning on running a half page ad. If you have any suggestions, post the ads here. (Also, make sure that the person that created the ad is fine with us using it.)

The people here have not heard of Ron Paul at all, with the exclusion of my church and immediate friends. If you can help, I'd appreciate it.

libertarian4321
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
If you can get down to San Antonio, you can probably pick up a lot of slim jims, etc at the local campaign office.

DeadtoSin
02-06-2008, 03:53 PM
No, I work throughout the week/weekend a lot of the time in a deli. Also, college throughout the week. Unfortunately San Antonio is a bit out of my traveling range for right now.

Any kind of newspaper ads you guys could suggest would be great!

woodrow
02-06-2008, 03:59 PM
There is a new DFW office in Ft. Worth that has a lot of stuff you need. PM me and I'll give you the number...N. Tex 4 RP!!

Ara825
02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
What county are you in DeadtoSin? I live in Commerce, in Hunt County, and have been seeing Ron Paul signs, and bumper stickers since around Christmas. I'm concerned that most of the people outside the cities (which as you know is a lot of people) haven't heard about Ron Paul yet. I want so much to get out and canvas but I'm recovering from knee surgery and can't.

DeadtoSin
02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I live in Fannin County. More specifically in By the way Ara, we are doing our first real meetup tommorow in Bonham, Texas. You are more than welcome to come. If you want more details, just let me know.

DeadtoSin
02-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Nobody wants to suggest an ad huh?

jblosser
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Fannin and Bonham called FW HQ yesterday asking for 4x8s. Was that you, or is there someone else up there you need to connect with? PM me.

DeadtoSin
02-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Wow, they really left me out of the loop there. I had no idea they called for signs.

DeadtoSin
02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
We still very much need ad suggestions, that much I know of.

linusPAULing
02-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Check out the series of newspaper ads we ran in Northern CA. You can find the link in my signature.

PM countryb4party here on rpforums for any help in generating the ads. She is from TX actually and might have time to help.

Good luck.

Note that you need to file a fec form 5 for independent expenditures when you purchase presidential newspaper ads. If you surpass $1000, you'll need to form a PAC.