PDA

View Full Version : Converting McCain Supporters

Percy
02-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Anybody have any suggestions? I need some cold, hard facts about the major issues. I'm dealing with an older person, I told her today that McCain supports amnesty for illegals, and she simply told me that it wasn't true, :eek:

Sey.Naci
02-06-2008, 03:28 PM
I've suggested this elsewhere, but...

It makes sense to start trying to obtain support for people who are AGAINST McCain, people who could stomach anyone else but not him. Since they'll not see RP as being able to win, they may still be convinced to vote for him in order that RP delegates can put the nix on a McCain nomination.

LittleLightShining
02-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Bah! People who support McCain are a lost cause. They are perfectly willing to accept anything he throws at them because for some reason they think he's a good LEADER. I know I don't get it. As for the immigration issue, you can introduce her to Juan Hernandez, but she probably won't believe you anyway.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-06-2008, 03:43 PM
http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/

Members who missed more than half of the votes in any of the three issue categories did not receive a composite score in NJ's ratings. (This rule was imposed after Kerry was ranked the most liberal senator in our 2003 ratings despite having missed more than half of the votes in two categories.) Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., the only other senator whose presidential candidacy survived the initial round of primaries and caucuses this year, did not vote frequently enough in 2007 to draw a composite score. He missed more than half of the votes in both the economic and foreign-policy categories. On social issues, which include immigration, McCain received a conservative score of 59. (McCain's composite scores from his prior years in the Senate, published in our March 2007 vote ratings issue, are available as a PDF.)

Alawn
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Anybody have any suggestions? I need some cold, hard facts about the major issues. I'm dealing with an older person, I told her today that McCain supports amnesty for illegals, and she simply told me that it wasn't true, :eek:

The amnesty bill has his name on it!!!!!!!!!! Tell her to look up "Kennedy-McCain"

BillyFromPhilly
02-06-2008, 03:50 PM
He was a member of the Keating Five