PDA

View Full Version : How do we defeat collectivism?

slamhead
02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Looking at the results in California and elsewhere I see our biggest enemy is collectivism. Hispanics voted in a large block for Clinton, blacks for Obama, Mormons for Romney, Christians for Huckabee.

Seniors vote for anyone that does not mention social security. Non of these groups even consider how blind their allegiances are. Blacks are still enslaved by the democrats 150 years after the emancipation.

What is it going to take to break these people away from their masters? Is it that we need our economy to completely fail? Even then I feel there will be a blame game without looking at the real causes.

The neo-cons have their threat of the boogie man to break people away from their collective thinking. What tool do we have? I could not even get my best friend of 33 years to vote for Ron Paul because his wife would not allow it..I know...so sad. They voted for Romney. They belong to the "he can't win" collective.

You almost see why revolutions turn violent in these circumstances. In a civil war people are forced to give up collectivism and pick a side. Sad state of our country today is that if we were to have a civil war people would pick the side they think would win over freedom and liberty.

P.S. Homeland security..I am not advocating violence.

ToryNotion
02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
how do we collect defeatism?

rxx
02-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Collectivism will destroy itself in the long run, it never produced anything good, and never will... Collectivism is defective by design ;)

Read this if you want to understand why : http://www.mises.org/story/1559

LandonCook
02-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Become very good at public speaking. I give political speeches to groups of hundreds all across the state.

Join your local party.

Talk to your children.

Talk to your church, your friends and family.

I've even spoken at my local highschool...

WilliamC
02-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Take care of you and yours first.

Eliminate debt.

All debt.

Keep enough cash for emergencies, up to 1 year of living expenses.

Shouldn't need to be that much if you have no debt.

Then invest.

Build your own wealth so you are not as dependent on others for your well-being.

If you are lucky, over time, eventually your wealth will pay you more than your job.

And of course, never give up your principles :)

slamhead
02-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Mayan calendar ends in 2012...time is up...[/humor]

user
02-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Looking at the results in California and elsewhere I see our biggest enemy is collectivism. Hispanics voted in a large block for Clinton, blacks for Obama, Mormons for Romney, Christians for Huckabee.

Seniors vote for anyone that does not mention social security. Non of these groups even consider how blind their allegiances are. Blacks are still enslaved by the democrats 150 years after the emancipation.

What is it going to take to break these people away from their masters? Is it that we need our economy to completely fail? Even then I feel there will be a blame game without looking at the real causes.

The neo-cons have their threat of the boogie man to break people away from their collective thinking. What tool do we have? I could not even get my best friend of 33 years to vote for Ron Paul because his wife would not allow it..I know...so sad. They voted for Romney. They belong to the "he can't win" collective.

You almost see why revolutions turn violent in these circumstances. In a civil war people are forced to give up collectivism and pick a side. Sad state of our country today is that if we were to have a civil war people would pick the side they think would win over freedom and liberty.

P.S. Homeland security..I am not advocating violence.
Those two things represent more collectivism, not less.

Maybe it's time to break away.