PDA

View Full Version : Beware of False Hope

jpa
02-06-2008, 03:22 PM
The last 8 months have been a great ride. I am so glad I joined this Revolution. I ready to stay in it for the next 20 years, to see the day when a president in the whitehouse that obeys the constitution.

That being said, people need to be careful of false hope. It can waste time and money on things that are not important to the freedom revolution.

Let's be clear: Ron Paul can not win the GOP Nomination.

He is mathmatically eliminated from reaching 1190. He can't win a brokered convention with even 200 'super secret' delegates. The best we can hope for is his delegates to be king maker in St. Paul, but even that is a really, really longshot (Huckabee's delegates would be king maker before us).

Ron Paul can still win the presidency, but not as a Republican. I have not given up hope of Ron Paul in the whitehouse, but it is an extereme probablity at this point.

But putting Ron Paul in the white house in 2008 is not the end of the freedom revolution. Not even close. We should stick together, and strive to put freedom loving, constitution abiding candidates in office at all levels of government.

Do not give up hope, but do not fall for false hope!

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Um, this isn't exactly timely news... Got some reason why we wouldn't try to win him his home state of Texas on a "get our man the VP slot" type campaign so he can go to the convention with three times the delegation he has now? Figure we have something to lose?

You know, I generally read at least a few thread titles before I run off posting crap...

ToryNotion
02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
beware of false pessimism too

LukeNM
02-06-2008, 03:28 PM
You should change your avatar...

jpa
02-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Um, this isn't exactly timely news... Got some reason why we wouldn't try to win him his home state of Texas on a "get our man the VP slot" type campaign so he can go to the convention with three times the delegation he has now? Figure we have something to lose?

You know, I generally read at least a few thread titles before I run off posting crap...

Yes, you can lose your time & money. I can take $100 I would have given Ron Paul to spend in Texas, and instead save $100 for Ron Paul as an independant run. Or put that $100 into gold, and give $200 to a constitutional candidate for senate....

Your time & money is worth something, and people should consider this before tilting at windmills. I am going to save my money for Ron Paul's indy run or the next revolution candidate.

jpa
02-06-2008, 03:33 PM
beware of false pessimism too

Agreed.. This is not the end of the revolution.

Unless, you were aiming that statement at me. Show me how any of my statements are false

jblosser
02-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Yes, you can lose your time & money. I can take $100 I would have given Ron Paul to spend in Texas, and instead save $100 for Ron Paul as an independant run. Or put that $100 into gold, and give $200 to a constitutional candidate for senate....

Your time & money is worth something, and people should consider this before tilting at windmills. I am going to save my money for Ron Paul's indy run or the next revolution candidate.

Tell that to the guys at the Alamo.

This is Texas.

Cyclone
02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
The last 8 months have been a great ride. I am so glad I joined this Revolution. I ready to stay in it for the next 20 years, to see the day when a president in the whitehouse that obeys the constitution.

That being said, people need to be careful of false hope. It can waste time and money on things that are not important to the freedom revolution.

He is mathmatically eliminated from reaching 1190. He can't win a brokered convention with even 200 'super secret' delegates. The best we can hope for is his delegates to be king maker in St. Paul, but even that is a really, really longshot (Huckabee's delegates would be king maker before us).

Ron Paul can still win the presidency, but not as a Republican. I have not given up hope of Ron Paul in the whitehouse, but it is an extereme probablity at this point.

But putting Ron Paul in the white house in 2008 is not the end of the freedom revolution. Not even close. We should stick together, and strive to put freedom loving, constitution abiding candidates in office at all levels of government.

Do not give up hope, but do fall for false hope!

Well said.

jpa
02-06-2008, 03:37 PM
I was born in Texas. I know. I truly hope Ron Paul wins there.

But it will be terrible if people pin all their hopes on Ron Paul winning the GOP nomination and then get depressed when he doesn't. We need to keep our chin up no matter what happens. We need people to stay with the Revolution for the long haul.

HOLLYWOOD
02-06-2008, 03:37 PM
There are always opportunities... at least RON should have a backup plan(s), IF, he decides to concede on the GOP presidential race, doesn't get the VP or Senior Staff offers. If he does well in TEXAS, but doesn't get nominated, et al... he should look at running for US SENATOR for TEXAS.

Get rid of the TEXAS NEOCON FREAK/Clown, SENATOR JOHN CORNYN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Texas%2C_2008

gjdavis60
02-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Ron is our best spokesman and the presidential campaign is a great platform to deliver the message. The more people who hear the message from Ron's lips, the more powerful the movement becomes.

I support his presidential campaign until and unless a better forum presents itself for us to forward the cause.

PatriotG
02-06-2008, 03:50 PM

We are going to need a new forum soon me thinks.
where shall we congregate?

libertarian4321
02-06-2008, 03:59 PM

But it will be terrible if people pin all their hopes on Ron Paul winning the GOP nomination and then get depressed when he doesn't. We need to keep our chin up no matter what happens. We need people to stay with the Revolution for the long haul.

News flash: If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, we're going to be upset.

We can either fight maybe lose.

Or we can curl up into the fetal position and give up and lose for sure.

There isn't going to be an "independent" run, folks. Ron is running for congress as a Republican- he isn't going to give up his congressional seat. He can't run for President as an Indy or Libertarian if he runs for congress as a Republican.

BTW, even if he were to throw away his congressional seat and set off on a Quixotic "indy" run, there isn't a chance in HELL that Ron Paul could raise enough money to even get on the ballot in most states- all the money he's raised so far wouldn't be enough to do that (let alone have money left over to campaign).

Ballot access is EXPENSIVE and time consuming, and the later you start, the more expensive it is (if he was going to run "indy" he should have begun ballot access a year ago or more).

Unless Ron has a billionaire VP, an indy run is impossible.

If you don't think he can win the Rep. nomination for Pres, donate to his congressional campaign- waiting for an "indy" run is pointless...

ItsTime
02-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Do you understand what this revolution is? Do you realize how valuable the data Ron Paul is collecting in every state by running as president?

We need to keep donating to Ron Paul until the end. That way we can FIND and IDENTIFY those Ron Paul Republicans in EVERY STATE. Good lucking finding the hot spots without Ron Paul running in EVERY STATE.

cross thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=112873

LukeNM
02-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Don't discount my vote! We do not vote until June 3rd... Ron Paul will win New Mexico! How many of you fair-weather supporters will still be around -- I know I will!

Ara825
02-06-2008, 04:26 PM
There are always opportunities... at least RON should have a backup plan(s), IF, he decides to concede on the GOP presidential race, doesn't get the VP or Senior Staff offers. If he does well in TEXAS, but doesn't get nominated, et al... he should look at running for US SENATOR for TEXAS.

Get rid of the TEXAS NEOCON FREAK/Clown, SENATOR JOHN CORNYN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Texas%2C_2008

Getting rid of Rick Perry would also be a good thing. I am one among many Texans who would like to send him his walking papers.

jblosser
02-06-2008, 04:31 PM

Who said anything about "all hopes"? If I didn't quit years ago I'm not quitting in November. Where the fight will be at that point is anyone's guess.

Mordan
02-06-2008, 05:48 PM
News flash: If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, we're going to be upset.

We can either fight maybe lose.

Or we can curl up into the fetal position and give up and lose for sure.

There isn't going to be an "independent" run, folks. Ron is running for congress as a Republican- he isn't going to give up his congressional seat. He can't run for President as an Indy or Libertarian if he runs for congress as a Republican.

BTW, even if he were to throw away his congressional seat and set off on a Quixotic "indy" run, there isn't a chance in HELL that Ron Paul could raise enough money to even get on the ballot in most states- all the money he's raised so far wouldn't be enough to do that (let alone have money left over to campaign).

Ballot access is EXPENSIVE and time consuming, and the later you start, the more expensive it is (if he was going to run "indy" he should have begun ballot access a year ago or more).

Unless Ron has a billionaire VP, an indy run is impossible.

If you don't think he can win the Rep. nomination for Pres, donate to his congressional campaign- waiting for an "indy" run is pointless...

I guess for the long haul you are right. Indy run is cool but just fireworks.