PDA

View Full Version : National Write-In Campaign

ndega360
02-06-2008, 01:15 PM
If RP does not get the nomination, and does not decide to run third party, can we all be committed to writing his name in during the general election. It would be awesome to see the pie chart up on election day on CNN with a considerable percentage missing from the R and D nominees, and yet no name to attribute to the remaining points.

Kingfisher
02-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Absolutely

Discov3ry
02-06-2008, 01:20 PM
How's that going to work with electronic voting machines and ballot scanners that reject blanks? I really wanna know because if push comes to shove I will want to do just that...

jarofclay
02-06-2008, 01:23 PM
bump this action. Forget third party. Forget ANY party. Lets do a national WRITE RON! campaign!

moostraks
02-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Write Ron!!! Bravo...I love it!!!!

NoPants
02-06-2008, 01:27 PM
How's that going to work with electronic voting machines and ballot scanners that reject blanks? I really wanna know because if push comes to shove I will want to do just that...

Electronic machines, no problem. Take your car key and carve Dr. Paul's his name into the screen.

Ballot scanners, also not a problem. Find the nearest McCain staffer and carve Dr. Paul's name into the hood of his car. I've heard that's equal to one vote.

Side note: I don't support vandalism, please remember this is just a joke. Unless you really want to... No, really you shouldn't do that... But you could.

ndega360
02-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Electronic machines, no problem. Take your car key and carve Dr. Paul's his name into the screen.

Ballot scanners, also not a problem. Find the nearest McCain staffer and carve Dr. Paul's name into the hood of his car. I've heard that's equal to one vote.

haha. yeah, there's always a way around those rigged diebold machines.

Grandson of Liberty
02-06-2008, 01:46 PM
If RP does not get the nomination, and does not decide to run third party, can we all be committed to writing his name in during the general election. It would be awesome to see the pie chart up on election day on CNN with a considerable percentage missing from the R and D nominees, and yet no name to attribute to the remaining points.

I'm on board with that. . .and if we could really focus our efforts into one state, and I mean REALLY focus, it could throw the electoral college procedure into a tizzy if it keeps a candidate from getting 270 electoral votes. Then America could watch its 15% favorability rated congress pick the President.

HollyforRP
02-06-2008, 08:05 PM

That is what I've wondered as well. They use machines to tally up the count even for paper ballots.

How are they going to calculate write-ins?

Nirvikalpa
02-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Absolutely. It's Ron Paul or Die for me and my family (totaling 9).

ladyliberty
02-06-2008, 08:14 PM
That was alawys my plan from the begining!

jarofclay
02-06-2008, 10:55 PM
blimpage

TexFootballMom
02-06-2008, 10:59 PM
http://www.writeinronpaul.com/home

JWZguy
02-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Guys - if it comes to this - just vote libertarian. Write-in votes aren't going to be counted during the live results. A huge vote for a libertarian candidate would be a slap in the face to the people trying to predetermine this election.

Not to mention that most libertarians are going to agree with almost all of RP's platforms.

I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils, so I normally do this anyway.

Airborn
02-08-2008, 04:38 AM
see my sig http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notogop/

ndega360
02-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Millions Strong For Writing In Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!

notcarljung
02-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Unless a viable candidate ends up running who share's most of Dr. Paul's views, I'm there! "Write Ron!" That's kinda catchy.

Phil M
02-10-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm sorry but a write in campaign doesn't make any sense. We should be focusing our efforts on a Draft Bob Barr or Draft Gary Johnson campaign. It's not like Ron Paul is the only person in the world with libertarian beliefs.