PDA

View Full Version : Why no ID required for proof of vote eligibility?

Bubba
02-06-2008, 12:12 PM
No I.D. required to vote in national elections but we must take our shoes off at the airport for "security". WTF? :rolleyes:

Yet, still the collective alarm bells do not go off. This is alarming in and of itself.

pacelli
02-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Romney needs to bus his supporters across the country to get any votes, sheesh! :)

tarabyte
02-06-2008, 12:31 PM
No I.D. required to vote in national elections but we must take our shoes off at the airport for "security". WTF? :rolleyes:

Yet, still the collective alarm bells do not go off. This is alarming in and of itself.

Not sure where you are, but in my precinct they required you to show state-issued photo ID.

BoBoDuFlachi
02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
not here in TN. I just walked in, filled out a piece of paper with my name, address,party, and they found me in the big book of names. I signed that, then voted on a diebold machine....Anyone could go in there and vote as long as they have a name and address that matches.

brandon
02-06-2008, 12:45 PM
It is not required in any state to show photo ID. The reason is because it is unconstitutional. Since a photo ID costs money, making possesion of one a prerequisite to voting would be the same as a voting tax, which is unconstitutional.

Bubba
02-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Not sure where you are, but in my precinct they required you to show state-issued photo ID.

Wow, that's a first. Or, is it? Folks?

Up until now, all I've seen or heard is no photo required.

amistybleu
02-06-2008, 01:00 PM
It is not required in any state to show photo ID. The reason is because it is unconstitutional. Since a photo ID costs money, making possesion of one a prerequisite to voting would be the same as a voting tax, which is unconstitutional.

So what your saying is the constitution matters. :rolleyes:

entwife
02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Not in kentucky... people walk in and there are pre-designated people stationed there to 'wave' them on into the booth. Saying, "Oh yea I know him man go on." Funny how they know everyone, even people who don't speak english.

Paulite
02-06-2008, 01:04 PM
i sent in my illegal friend to vote for ron paul in my shoes since i had to work overtime. he siad there wasnt any problem.

LibertyRevolution
02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Morning Edition, January 9, 2008 Politics is front and center at the Supreme Court on Wednesday, as the justices examine the constitutionality of laws requiring voters to show a government-issued photo ID in order to cast a ballot. Although 24 states have enacted such laws in recent years, Democrats contend that they suppress voter turnout.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17942818

I refused to show them photo ID out of principle, I brought my offical party change letter from my registar of voters in its adressed envelope and used that.