PDA

View Full Version : if you dont understand the delegate process shut up!!

TXcarlosTX
02-06-2008, 12:01 PM
we are doing great in getting precinct delegates. that is what counts

majority vote is for the SHEEPLE!!!

now its up to these precinct delegates to play hard and dirty to become national delegates.

delegates count.

understand the process in your state. if you dont, find out.

FOR ALL THE PRECINCT DELEGATES GREAT JOB ON THE FIRST STEP TO BECOMING A NATIONAL DELEGATE, KEEP THE FIGHT GOING!!!

Liberty_is_NORML
02-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh, BS.

If this is our "strategy", someone needs to be removed from strategy making decisions.

I don't want to hear anything else about the stupid convention.

You guys are all living in la la land.

Paul should abandon the Repubs and run 3rd party NOW. Save the damn money for the 3rd party bid.

Or else focus on his Congressional campaign...the grassroots can keep the revolution going for liberty.

And, yes...I am filling out the paperwork to apply to be a delegate in my State so....

JordanQ72
02-06-2008, 12:18 PM
if you dont understand the delegate process shut up!!

Good advice, which makes your post slightly ironic. How many states do you know that send completely unbound delegates?

TXcarlosTX
02-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Oh, BS.

If this is our "strategy", someone needs to be removed
I don't want to hear anything else about the stupid convention.

You guys are all living in la la land.

Paul should abandon the Repubs and run 3rd party NOW. Save the damn money for the 3rd party bid.

Or else focus on his Congressional campaign...the grassroots can keep the revolution going for liberty.

And, yes...I am filling out the paperwork to apply to be a delegate in my State so....

i got these of from here : http://www.dailypaul.com/node/33921

but this is happening all over many states.
__________________________________________________ ______________
ANOTHER colorado delegate
On February 6th, 2008 golffanatic777 says:

Same experience here. HUGE turnout at my denver caucus.
Votes in my precinct were...
romney 16
mccain 4
paul 1

BUT
I was elected one of the 3 delegates. Many people just left after the paper NON BINDING ballots were cast, and NO ONE but myself knew how important it was to be a delegate.
So it's me, a romney supporter and a mccain supporter.
I also went up to a young lady who had a ron paul button on she had a similar experience. overwhelming romney support but she ended up as 1 of the 3 delegates. it aint over...in colorado at least.
LOOKS LIKE WE GOT 33% of DELEGATE HERE
__________________________________________________ _______________

Colorado Delegate as well
On February 6th, 2008 aaronhackl says:

Got elected a delegate as well for Denver county. The preference poll went overwhelmingly for Romney 14, McCain 4, Paul 3, Thompson 1, Huckabee 1.
We had three regular delegates two where Ron Paul supporters one was a Romney supporter. If we knew who the other Paul supporter was I gaurantee we could have made a clean sweep.
With all these posts I am convinced that the polls in CO do not mean a thing as Paul supporters seemed to know that what mattered most was delegates. Whil e everyone else thought it was the poll.
LOOKS LIKE WE GOT 66% of DELEGATE HERE

CO precint 208 Araphoe county
On February 6th, 2008 sean paulrevolu... says:

Preference poll (non binding and meaningless)
Romney- 26
Paul- 13
McCain- 7

County delegates- at least 2 of the 4 are RP supporters (including me!)

Congressional Dist delegate- RP supporter
State Convention delegate- RP supporter

Huge turnout at our precinct and RP dominated the delegate count!

Praying for a brokered convention and that a large percentage of RP supporters slip through to MN!
What are you doing for the revolution?
LOOKS LIKE WE GOT 50% of DELEGATE HERE

there plenty like this, do you need more?

LIKE I SAID - SHUT UP!!!!

TXcarlosTX
02-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Good advice, which makes your post slightly ironic. How many states do you know that send completely unbound delegates?

when there is a brokered convention it goes to 2nd ballot. every delegate is a free agent to vote for whomever.

for example there are plenty of Ron Paul precinct delegates going threw the process to become a national delegate in Florida. they know they will have to vote for jon mccain on first ballot. and they will.(they have to) but since there is not a majority, it will go to 2nd ballot. NOW THEY WILL VOTE FOR RON PAUL.

JordanQ72
02-06-2008, 12:30 PM
when there is a brokered convention

Which there won't be

it goes to 2nd ballot. every delegate is a free agent to vote for whomever.

Again, wrong.

See, you really should just take your own advice. In Florida for example, delegates would be free to vote only on the 4th ballot.

TXcarlosTX
02-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Which there won't be

Again, wrong.

See, you really should just take your own advice. In Florida for example, delegates would be free to vote only on the 4th ballot.

hey i know my states process which is TEXAS. if its 4th for Florida so be it. you still need ron paul people in the mix.

but you do agree with my above post that the majority vote doesn't matter if we are getting the delegates in each precicnt? YES OR NO?

TXcarlosTX
02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Which there won't be

Again, wrong.

and there can be a brokered convention. you dont know for sure.

TXcarlosTX
02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
power bump!!

amistybleu
02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
I for one am a delegate and will fight to the bitter end for what I believe is right, if you think this all ended yesterday than I feel for you. We should all fight until this thing is over and then fight some more. Throwing in the towel is no option for me and all Ron Paul supporters should stop whining and stay on task.

JordanQ72
02-06-2008, 12:55 PM
but you do agree with my above post that the majority vote doesn't matter if we are getting the delegates in each precicnt? YES OR NO?

No

and there can be a brokered convention. you dont know for sure.

And the mole people could rise up and overthrow us surface dwellers any moment, but I also have a strong feeling about the likelihood of such an event. If Romney had outperformed in California or won NY, I would feel differently, but not right now. 500 delegate deficit is hard to swallow when you're looking at needing to finance the campaign out of your own pocket.

JordanQ72
02-06-2008, 12:57 PM
hey i know my states process which is TEXAS.

Apparently not...

I just checked, and Texas has the same rules as Florida. Free on the 4th.

Liberty_is_NORML
02-06-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm just being realistic...do you know what kind of uproar there would be politically if we did manage a coup d'etat at the convention? Don't get me wrong, it would be cool as hell but it will NEVER happen, guys. C'mon...

You don't think the other campaigns are pushing their supporters to be delegates...?

You think that we can back our way into the nomination and just fool all the people that think we are Neo-Cons?

You guys have lost it.

Yes, I understand the process so maybe you should shut up.

TXcarlosTX
02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Apparently not...

I just checked, and Texas has the same rules as Florida. Free on the 4th.

texas is not a winner take all state. call me man!! 210-725-2401 we are all in the same fight.

i already called HQ..... they said they are working on something to get out to people about this. majority vote doesnt matter. precinct delegates do!!!

JordanQ72
02-06-2008, 01:11 PM
texas is not a winner take all state.

You're right, it's more complicated than that.

Tuesday 4 March 2008: 137 of 140 of Texas's delegates to the Republican National Convention are allocated to presidential contenders in today's Texas Presidential Primary.

* 96 district delegates are to be allocated to presidential contenders based on the primary results in each of the 32 congressional districts: each congressional district is assigned 3 National Convention delegates. These delegates are allocated to the presidential contenders as follows:
o If a candidate receives a majority of the vote (more than 50%), that candidate is allocated all 3 of the district's delegates. [General Rules for All Conventions and Meetings Section 8.a.]
o If no candidate receives a majority of the vote and at least 1 candidate receives 20% or more of the vote, the candidate with the most votes (plurality) receives 2 delegates and the candidate receiving the next highest number of votes receives 1 delegate. However, if the plurality winner receives more than 20% and the number of votes received by the next highest candidate is less than 20%, the plurality winner receives 3 delegates. [Section 8.b.]
o If no candidate receives 20% of the vote then the top 3 vote getters each receive 1 delegate. [Section 8.c.]
* 41 at-large delegates (10 base at-large delegates plus 31 bonus delegates) are to be allocated to the presidential contenders based on the primary results statewide. These delegates are allocated to the presidential contenders as follows:
o If a candidate receives a majority of the vote (more than 50%), that candidate is allocated all 41 at-large delegates. [Section 9.a.]
o If no candidate receives a majority of the vote and at least 1 candidate receives 20% or more of the vote, the 41 at-large delegates are allocated proportionally among those candidates receiving 20% or more of the vote. Rounding rules: Beginning with the candidate receiving the largest number of votes, round any fraction to the next whole number of delegates. Continue this process with the next highest vote getter and repeat until all the delegates are allocated. [Section 9.b.]
o If no candidate receives 20% of the vote, allocate the 41 at-large delegates proportionally. Rounding rules: Beginning with the candidate receiving the largest number of votes, round any fraction to the next whole number of delegates. Continue this process with the next highest vote getter and repeat until all the delegates are allocated. [Section 9.c.]

In addition, 3 party leaders, the National Committeeman, the National Committeewoman, and the chairman of the Texas's Republican Party, will attend the convention as unpledged delegates by virtue of their position.

But that has nothing to do with how they can vote in the national convention. For 3 rounds, the delegates will have to vote how they were assigned. On the 4th ballot, if there is one, they can vote however they want.

gop.com/images/Press_State_Summaries.pdf

TXcarlosTX
02-06-2008, 01:18 PM
You're right, it's more complicated than that.

But that has nothing to do with how they can vote in the national convention. For 3 rounds, the delegates will have to vote how they were assigned. On the 4th ballot, if there is one, they can vote however they want.

gop.com/images/Press_State_Summaries.pdf

dirty!!!!

oh well!!!! brokered convention it is. dont be lazy. its just more work, but thats going to be the only way to win nomination.