PDA

View Full Version : "Congressman" Paul

stevedasbach
08-08-2007, 08:47 PM
I saw this comment at dailypaul.com from someone making calls to Iowa:

"Btw, we should start referring to Ron Paul as Congressman Ron Paul instead of Dr. Paul or simply Ron Paul. From the reactions during our efforts in the CallIowa program, we have discovered that far more interest is generated by saying "congressman" up front. People immediately pay more attention to him as a credible candidate."

Probably a good idea.

ronpaulitician
08-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I always try to mix it up.

Congressman Paul
Dr. Paul
Ron Paul

Whenever you want to say, write or type "he", just pick whichever one of the three you didn't use last.

krott5333
08-08-2007, 08:50 PM
bump. Its always good to know psychological marketing techniques.

richard1984
08-08-2007, 08:55 PM
I always try to mix it up.

Congressman Paul
Dr. Paul
Ron Paul

Whenever you want to say, write or type "he", just pick whichever one of the three you didn't use last.

Agreed.

(It annoys me when people call him "Mr. Ron paul" though. It sounds disrespectful--as if they know nothing about him.)

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 08:59 PM

Nathan Hale
08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Using both COngressman and Dr is too confusing. I think Congressman is best. "Dr", though it implies intelligence, is also the salutation most abused by cults and snake oil salesmen. Congressman carries the weight of electability - if he's a US Rep he's proven that he's electable. People respond to that.

Kudos for bringing up this valuable point. It's all about the marketing.

McDermit
08-08-2007, 10:11 PM
I use Congressman Ron Paul on the flyers I design. I try to mention in a bullet point that he's a doctor, but Congressman takes presedence.

It's not needed for bumper stickers or what not, but definitely for anything with more than 3 sentences/phrases.

Spirit of '76
08-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Congressman Ron Paul, MD :D

jblosser
08-08-2007, 10:16 PM
There are too many whackjob "doctors" out there who have a phd in kookyness from crackerjack U. Calling him Dr. without context isn't going to do anything but make people wonder if he's the same. Congressman means a whole lot more, as does emphasizing he's running for a major party's nomination and not a 3rd party. Those two things go together and go a long way toward establishing the credibility of the individual, which in turn enforce the credibility of his candidacy. When it's relevant, then bring up his MD creds, but always in the context of his practice and actual medical experience (only doctor in brazoria county for years, delivered 4000 babies, kept working even while a congressman, treated people for free, working in an ER for $3 an hour, flight surgeon, etc.).

Kuldebar
08-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Appealing to authority is an effective means to persuade people if done properly. It will definitely help one get their toe ion the door.

omegaredIX
08-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Formality and politeness go a LONG way.