PDA

View Full Version : Please visit PA colleges

Nirvikalpa
02-06-2008, 11:54 AM
As a college student in PA (originally from NJ), I have been canvassing around talking about Ron Paul. My dorm door is decorated with Ron Paul signs, notices, headlines, etc, and students love it. Plenty of times I have opened my door to people reading my signs and headlines.

Yet many students don't even know who Ron Paul is. College students love Ron Paul - they flock to him - but only if they know him. Most of his ideas are very catchy to college-aged people - he doesn't want a DRAFT - he wants to BRING OUR TROOPS HOME - He SUPPORTS THE SECOND AMMENDMENT (great because many people in PA hunt - students too!).

I'm asking people who are in meetups by colleges to contact the college and ask if you can talk, have a stand, and hand out flyers to students. You would be surprised how successful this really is!

I went to a local foodmarket down in the small town of Factoryville last week wearing my Ron Paul shirt, and this older woman said "What is Ron Paul running for?" and I replied 'President' and she looked at me and said "You must be mistaken - no one by that name is running for President."

I realized my Precinct needs a lot of help, and we can start by getting younger voters.

According to the Ron Paul Meetup group of Scranton, they visited the University of Scranton and had a really great turnout.

My college, believe it or not, is pretty conservative. However a one-woman team isn't going to do anything. So I'm urging people to go to their local colleges - you'd be surprised how many students want to listen - it's US and OUR children that are going to suffer big time if change doesn't happen NOW in America.