PDA

View Full Version : The United Island of America

CareerTech1
02-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Ok - so if the rest of America wont wake up, we all pitch in and buy a huge Island and establish it based on the original Constitution - and then invite other territories / countries to join our country. Other States could then join our country.

What say ye?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm in.

CareerTech1
02-06-2008, 11:40 AM
i'd pitch in 1/2 my income to do this

dsentell
02-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Aye!

Mystile
02-06-2008, 11:41 AM
let's all move to Louisiana, take over the state and secede.

mavtek
02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Private Islands aren't really private, they aren't in international waters. We will be subject to whichever country actually owns said Island, which will probably mean insane property taxes and possibly laws we wouldn't like. If you think you can break away from said country, remember the crappiest country's military is way better than anything we can put together on some 30acre Island.

So no, sorry, this won't work. Move to a state, take it over, or move to New Zealand.

CareerTech1
02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
i wonder if there is some legal way to do this with a state - to file some sort of suit declaring the US in violation of the Constitution and therefore justifying the establishment of our state as a separate country - founded strictly on the constitution.

Do we have an attorney in the house?

Rob
02-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Ok - so if the rest of America wont wake up, we all pitch in and buy a huge Island and establish it based on the original Constitution - and then invite other territories / countries to join our country. Other States could then join our country.

What say ye?

The Principality of Sealand is for sale. It's arguably it's own country with rights to waters around it. The British government has tacitly acknowledged its existence even.

mavtek
02-06-2008, 11:55 AM
i wonder if there is some legal way to do this with a state - to file some sort of suit declaring the US in violation of the Constitution and therefore justifying the establishment of our state as a separate country - founded strictly on the constitution.

Do we have an attorney in the house?

Yes any state can legally break away from the Union according to state law. Not according to Federal Law. You'd have to have a state legislature willing to break away from the Union, then you'd have to challenge the Union in the Supreme court for breaking contract of the original Union (not following the constitution). The Supreme Court would then have to find in favor of your state in order to successfully secede.

Vermont is the closest state to actually accomplishing this.

mavtek
02-06-2008, 11:58 AM
The Principality of Sealand is for sale. It's arguably it's own country with rights to waters around it. The British government has tacitly acknowledged its existence even.

Yes and it can house servers and 4 people......................

Lets get serious here. Oh and they want $30mill!!!!! Puh Leeez!

KevinDW78
02-06-2008, 11:59 AM
To quote Abraham Simpson:
"The government doesn't own the sky - You could live in a baloon!!!"

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Private Islands aren't really private, they aren't in international waters. We will be subject to whichever country actually owns said Island, which will probably mean insane property taxes and possibly laws we wouldn't like. If you think you can break away from said country, remember the crappiest country's military is way better than anything we can put together on some 30acre Island.

So no, sorry, this won't work. Move to a state, take it over, or move to New Zealand.

I'm not sure about this. If the island is remote, who can externally enforce anything on it? You simply declare a sovereign nation. Plus, keep in mind, we will have our 2nd Amendment rights and lots of people (ex-military) who know how to put them to use. :D

Jae0
02-06-2008, 12:02 PM
We cant all go to one island. That would make it to easy for some government to nuke us all and then who would be left to fight?

niall
02-06-2008, 12:02 PM
If you're serious about liberty, check out http://www.freestateproject.org

mavtek
02-06-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure about this. If the island is remote, who can externally enforce anything on it? You simply declare a sovereign nation. Plus, keep in mind, we will have our 2nd Amendment rights and lots of people (ex-military) who know how to put them to use. :D

You just said it, if the Island is remote. How many of us want to live on an Island 100's of miles away from anything?

New Governor Of Alaska
02-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Here's better idea:

Vermont wants to declare independence.

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgu8BjajyS0

The Second Vermont Republic is a nonviolent citizens' network and think tank opposed to the tyranny of Corporate America and the U.S. government, and committed to the return of Vermont to its status as an independent republic and more broadly to the dissolution of the Union. Members of the Second Vermont Republic subscribe to the following set of principles:

Political Independence. Our primary objectives are political independence for Vermont and the peaceful dissolution of the Union.
Human Scale. We believe life should be lived on a human scale. Small is still beautiful.

Sustainability. We celebrate and support Vermont's small, clean, green, sustainable, socially responsible towns, farms, businesses, schools, and churches. We encourage family-owned farms and businesses to produce innovative, premium-quality, healthy products. We also believe that energy independence is an essential goal towards which to strive.

Economic Solidarity. We encourage Vermonters to buy locally produced products from small local merchants rather than purchase from giant, out-of-state megastores. We support trade with nearby states and provinces.

Power Sharing. Vermont's strong democratic tradition is grounded in its town meetings . We favor devolution of political power from the state back to local communities, making the governing structure for towns, schools, hospitals, and social services much like that of Switzerland. Shared power also underlies our approach to international relations.

Equal Opportunity. We support equal access for all Vermont citizens to quality education, health care, housing, and employment.

Tension Reduction. Consistent with Vermont's long tradition of "live and let live" and nonviolence, we do not condone state-sponsored violence inflicted either by the military or law enforcement officials. We support a voluntary citizens' brigade to reduce tension and restore order in the event of civil unrest and to provide assistance when natural disasters occur. We are opposed to any form of military conscription. Tension reduction is the bedrock principle on which all international conflicts are to be resolved.
Mutuality. Both our citizens and our neighbors should be treated with mutual respect.

------------- http://www.vermontrepublic.org -------------

http://www.vermontrepublic.org/sites/vermontrepublic.org/files/images/freevermont-parade.jpg

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 12:10 PM
You just said it, if the Island is remote. How many of us want to live on an Island 100's of miles away from anything?

ok, you're not invited! :D

davidkachel
02-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Sigh! How sad!!

Until the word "revolution" in "Ron Paul Revolution" becomes more than just a word, there will be no significant progress.
Just exactly how would you stand up to those who have stolen your freedom from an Island in the middle of nowhere?

This election is not and never was anything more than one arrow from the quiver. There never was the slightest chance the powers that be would allow us to "elect" their power away. That is not going to happen this election, or the next, or the one after that.

This is bigger than Ron Paul or any of us and until a critical mass of us reach the conclusion and make the commitment to the word "revolution" in its truest sense, there will be no more freedom on the Earth.

If you want your freedom back you must do more, a lot more, than just campaign for a candidate and wish. You must start by doing what the founding fathers did: stop OBEYING!

Neomatrix
02-06-2008, 12:14 PM
I like the Republic of Texas! Then we could all be close to Dr. Paul! http://www.republic-of-texas.net/ :D

Rob
02-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Yes and it can house servers and 4 people......................

Lets get serious here. Oh and they want $30mill!!!!! Puh Leeez!

Nah.. it's bigger than that, it once housed an entire naval base mind you. I think we could get many hundred and at least a thousand. 30 Mill, eh? Last time I checked they were asking 60 Mill, maybe we could bargain them down to 5 or 6. It'd be a start. ;)

therealjjj77
02-06-2008, 12:21 PM
http://www.republicoflakotah.com/

Here's a place too.

colin1
02-06-2008, 12:25 PM
If you're serious about liberty, check out http://www.freestateproject.org

Sorry, I know you guys are doing good work up there and all...but any state where more people voted for giuliani than paul is not a state i'm interested in living in.

abruzz0
02-06-2008, 12:26 PM

HAARP will hit us with a hurricane

colin1
02-06-2008, 12:28 PM

Here's a place too.

How about we all buy a big rocketship and colonize the moon. You know like Heinlein's "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress". :D

Grandson of Liberty
02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
remember the crappiest country's military is way better than anything we can put together on some 30acre Island.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

That said, while I appreciate the sentiment and the idealism of the original post, it just ain't gonna happen.

crazyfacedjenkins
02-06-2008, 12:51 PM
How about we just move to one of the smaller countries of the world and just take over. I'm sure it would be a lot easier than getting Ron elected.

robert4rp08
02-06-2008, 12:55 PM
We could just buy one of those islands in Dubai. Then we wouldn't have to worry about the U.S. invading. Also, can the currency be sea shells?!?!

CareerTech1
02-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Here's better idea:

The Second Vermont Republic is a nonviolent citizens' network and think tank opposed to the tyranny of Corporate America and the U.S. government, and committed to the return of Vermont to its status as an independent republic and more broadly to the dissolution of the Union. Members of the Second Vermont Republic subscribe to the following set of principles:

Political Independence. Our primary objectives are political independence for Vermont and the peaceful dissolution of the Union.
Human Scale. We believe life should be lived on a human scale. Small is still beautiful.

Sustainability. We celebrate and support Vermont's small, clean, green, sustainable, socially responsible towns, farms, businesses, schools, and churches. We encourage family-owned farms and businesses to produce innovative, premium-quality, healthy products. We also believe that energy independence is an essential goal towards which to strive.

Economic Solidarity. We encourage Vermonters to buy locally produced products from small local merchants rather than purchase from giant, out-of-state megastores. We support trade with nearby states and provinces.

Power Sharing. Vermont's strong democratic tradition is grounded in its town meetings . We favor devolution of political power from the state back to local communities, making the governing structure for towns, schools, hospitals, and social services much like that of Switzerland. Shared power also underlies our approach to international relations.

Equal Opportunity. We support equal access for all Vermont citizens to quality education, health care, housing, and employment.

Tension Reduction. Consistent with Vermont's long tradition of "live and let live" and nonviolence, we do not condone state-sponsored violence inflicted either by the military or law enforcement officials. We support a voluntary citizens' brigade to reduce tension and restore order in the event of civil unrest and to provide assistance when natural disasters occur. We are opposed to any form of military conscription. Tension reduction is the bedrock principle on which all international conflicts are to be resolved.
Mutuality. Both our citizens and our neighbors should be treated with mutual respect.

http://www.vermontrepublic.org/sites/vermontrepublic.org/files/images/freevermont-parade.jpg

woot

CareerTech1
02-06-2008, 02:25 PM

Here's a place too.

wow - this stuff is already underway

Betsyross
02-06-2008, 02:52 PM
There's the Free State Project, join in on that.

Cleaner44
02-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Sorry, I know you guys are doing good work up there and all...but any state where more people voted for giuliani than paul is not a state i'm interested in living in.

That was the deal breaker for me. Even if it was vote fraud, I don't want a state that corrupt to begin with.

mtmedlin
02-06-2008, 06:31 PM

Here's a place too.

I like this except it is my understanding that to join you must renounce you US citizenship. I am angry with my country but I am not ready to take that step.

Airborn
02-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Can we draft Paul to be president of our dreamy Island, I'm sure he would win in a landslide anyways ;)

idiotwind
02-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Yeah but there will be 5X as many men as women. Fix that and i'm in

Soccrmastr
02-06-2008, 06:35 PM
unclaimed island will be quite a bit of money to raise, but absolutely definitely possible. At least to buy it. But to start a whole new life there.. thats another story.

AFM
02-06-2008, 06:38 PM
http://www.privateislandsonline.com/

With the money we raised in Q4 we could buy all the islands on that site

sgrooms
02-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Isla Muerto

Region Panama, Central America

Price US $1,600,000

Size 343.5 acres

Location Chiriqui, Panama

sgrooms
02-06-2008, 06:56 PM
ISLA MUERTO is located 15-20 minutes off shore, by fast boat from David, Panama. It is also accessible from the Panama Canal or the Pacific Ocean. It is in the midst of a group of islands in an area that is not directly open ocean, but is located with these group of islands in a quiet inlet, with pristine water, calm like a lake.

There are mountain views from the island. and we have discovered 3 beaches, of which one is approximately 300 metres long, with a lot of sand and clear of brush. The ocean water here is warm, and the sun shines continuously, on the lush green foliage found everwhere amidst the palm and 3 different kinds of coconut trees. Here, you will also find lemon, lime, orange, and mango trees, as well as all types of birds, various monkey species, and other wildlife.

The island boasts 139 hectares of land mass, with some 10 to 15 hectares of flat, fertile land for building construction, or resort development. Three hectares have rock, and there are rolling hills throughout. Two of these hills are quite elevated, and stand out when viewing the island from a distance.

There is definitely fresh water on the island, they have told us they used to run cattle there. When we were there, we had seen a well, so we know that they use wells for sure

The closest town is the city of David, which is the second largest city in Panama. From David, it is 30 minutes to the island, fifteen minutes by land, and 15 minutes by water (roughly, depending on how fast your boat is)

The closest airport is the national one in David, and an international one in Panama City, which is half an hour by plane from David to Panama City, or 6-8 hours by road. You can also go to the Island from Panama City by boat, few hours maybe with a fast boat. There is also a port just south of the Costa Rica´/ Panama border, which is a more direct route, and 1 hour to the island.

Scuba diving, snorkeling and all other water sports are the same as all other south pacific areas, it is some of the best in the world. No surfing, as the island is in an inlet, but it is only fifteen minutes to the main ocean where surfing is the best, along the coast. Fishing is big here, all over these islands, where you and the dolphins will find ample supply of shrimp and octopus, as well as every different type of fish, ocean varieties of course. There are other islands that are inhabited in the area, and some that aren´t.

There is one 300 metre beach, that is an absolutely beautiful tropical paradise, with sand extending from the trees to the water about 50 meters, as well as 2 other smaller beaches, all accessible. The large one is by far the best beach.

There is no problem in launching or landing a boat, we did both when we went to view it.

Added feature: we saw the cutest dolphins, six of them in fact, swimming around the boat, in the close vicinity of the island. There are also whales here.

The asking price for Isla Muerto is $1.6 million U.S. dollars.

KevinR
02-06-2008, 06:59 PM
hawaii!!!

Danny Molina
02-06-2008, 07:10 PM
ISLA MUERTO is located 15-20 minutes off shore, by fast boat from David, Panama. It is also accessible from the Panama Canal or the Pacific Ocean. It is in the midst of a group of islands in an area that is not directly open ocean, but is located with these group of islands in a quiet inlet, with pristine water, calm like a lake.

There are mountain views from the island. and we have discovered 3 beaches, of which one is approximately 300 metres long, with a lot of sand and clear of brush. The ocean water here is warm, and the sun shines continuously, on the lush green foliage found everwhere amidst the palm and 3 different kinds of coconut trees. Here, you will also find lemon, lime, orange, and mango trees, as well as all types of birds, various monkey species, and other wildlife.

The island boasts 139 hectares of land mass, with some 10 to 15 hectares of flat, fertile land for building construction, or resort development. Three hectares have rock, and there are rolling hills throughout. Two of these hills are quite elevated, and stand out when viewing the island from a distance.

There is definitely fresh water on the island, they have told us they used to run cattle there. When we were there, we had seen a well, so we know that they use wells for sure

The closest town is the city of David, which is the second largest city in Panama. From David, it is 30 minutes to the island, fifteen minutes by land, and 15 minutes by water (roughly, depending on how fast your boat is)

The closest airport is the national one in David, and an international one in Panama City, which is half an hour by plane from David to Panama City, or 6-8 hours by road. You can also go to the Island from Panama City by boat, few hours maybe with a fast boat. There is also a port just south of the Costa Rica´/ Panama border, which is a more direct route, and 1 hour to the island.

Scuba diving, snorkeling and all other water sports are the same as all other south pacific areas, it is some of the best in the world. No surfing, as the island is in an inlet, but it is only fifteen minutes to the main ocean where surfing is the best, along the coast. Fishing is big here, all over these islands, where you and the dolphins will find ample supply of shrimp and octopus, as well as every different type of fish, ocean varieties of course. There are other islands that are inhabited in the area, and some that aren´t.

There is one 300 metre beach, that is an absolutely beautiful tropical paradise, with sand extending from the trees to the water about 50 meters, as well as 2 other smaller beaches, all accessible. The large one is by far the best beach.

There is no problem in launching or landing a boat, we did both when we went to view it.

Added feature: we saw the cutest dolphins, six of them in fact, swimming around the boat, in the close vicinity of the island. There are also whales here.

The asking price for Isla Muerto is $1.6 million U.S. dollars.

That's it?

idiom
02-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Isla Muerto? Isn't that 'Island of Poop'?

ProfNo
02-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Isla Muerto? Isn't that 'Island of Poop'?

Mierda (spelling?) is poop. I think that Muerto is death..the island of death, nice.

We need something more like this:

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/boipeba-island.htm

Bribe some people, and they would probably agree to leave us along.

sgrooms
02-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Mierda (spelling?) is poop. I think that Muerto is death..the island of death, nice.

We need something more like this:

Bribe some people, and they would probably agree to leave us along.

i like it, but whats with the resort their building?

Roxi
02-06-2008, 07:47 PM
im in, i said this around Nov 5th He should just buy an island, become our president, and we can call it paultopia :)

then everyone was like, "nah they would just bomb us"

but seriously if someone buys an island i will SO move there and buy an acre or two :D

ProfNo
02-06-2008, 07:48 PM

I don't know, but chances are we would need a source of income. Some people would be able to work remotely, but others would need jobs to support themselves. After all, there would not be welfare :)

A resort would be a good way to achieve this...

romeshomey
02-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Lets just pick a planet we think could support life, pay the Spaceship One guy to ship us off there, and populate a new planet.

This planet is becoming outdated. Time for an upgrade.

faisal
02-06-2008, 07:54 PM
create a website!

Danny Molina
It could be renamed Jefferson Island or Libertaria.

ProfNo
Here is what you do. This island:

is 4,000 acres. For the price, that is 2,500 dollars per acre. We all buy a certain number of acres for varying prices depending on the location (more for waterfront, less for property in land). All long as we account for the total price, we are fine.

Then we move there with the agreement that goverment will play the proper role. If anyone else wants to move there, they have to buy acres from someone who already lives there and agree to live by the rules. The small amount of goverment needed could be completely supported by taxing individuals who go to the resort; sort of a foreigners tax. But the residents would have no taxes. The small amount of goverment needed would have low overhead, say a judge, small police and "military" force.

Airborn
02-06-2008, 08:00 PM

RESORT

The resort has plans to use the different protection classifications as a guide to strategically implement the planned attractions and structures of the resort.

Although the fishing village has utilities, the resort would be self sustaining utilizing the current eco-friendly technologies including solar power and composting.

There will be substantial recreational opportunities besides the traditional eco-tourism possibilities with the addition of a soccer field, tennis courts, and golf course.

There is another more luxurious plan in development by James Rappoport of the Daroff Design Group ( clients: Disney, Harrahs, Marriot, etc./ website: http://www.DaroffDesign.com ) which turns the planned Eco-Resort into truly a world-class destination.

The resort plans are independent of the property in that the new owners need not adopt the resort's pre-existing development plan to purchase the property.

Airborn
02-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Is it time for a Island Moneybomb?? I'd really hate to live here with Mccain or Hillary. But I don't want to give up the Revolution

Rob
02-06-2008, 08:01 PM
We could always just claim Antarctica. If we raised another 40-50 million we may be able to amass enough firepower to do it. It would actually be a wonderful investment as well. There's likely billions of dollars of oil there.

;)

Carole
02-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Note of interest. There are already about twenty states that have secession movemnets underway and have had conventions. :)

Airborn
02-06-2008, 08:03 PM
We could always just claim Antarctica. If we raised another 40-50 million we may be able to amass enough firepower to do it. It would actually be a wonderful investment as well. There's likely billions of dollars of oil there.

;)

Who owns Antarctica? No one right?

Rob
02-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Who owns Antarctica?

No one. There are some international treaties keeping it that way.....

....actually maybe we could spend that money on lawyers and not weapons and argue that those treaties are illegal and we have the full right to claim Antarctica. If someone can make this crazy idea work, I may just do it, if only for the oil.

Carole
02-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Did not Texas try to secede a few years ago and they were thwarted by the US Gov.?

If it suceeds this time you could lay a huge toll tax on the NAFTA Superway for passing through your country. :D

Airborn
02-06-2008, 08:09 PM

....actually maybe we could spend that money on lawyers and not weapons and argue that those treaties are illegal and we have the full right to claim Antarctica. If someone can make this crazy idea work, I may just do it, if only for the oil.

ha, but I don't care how much freedom there is there, I couldn't live there, too cold.

Carole
02-06-2008, 08:11 PM
I read that it is perfectly legal and part of the Constitution. I do not really know, but a state has the right to remove itself.

West Virginia basically seceded from Virginia in 1861.

Carole
02-06-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't know but Russia and US supposedly have been in a race to claim the oil/ resource rights.

thuja
02-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Sigh! How sad!!

Until the word "revolution" in "Ron Paul Revolution" becomes more than just a word, there will be no significant progress.
Just exactly how would you stand up to those who have stolen your freedom from an Island in the middle of nowhere?

This election is not and never was anything more than one arrow from the quiver. There never was the slightest chance the powers that be would allow us to "elect" their power away. That is not going to happen this election, or the next, or the one after that.

This is bigger than Ron Paul or any of us and until a critical mass of us reach the conclusion and make the commitment to the word "revolution" in its truest sense, there will be no more freedom on the Earth.

If you want your freedom back you must do more, a lot more, than just campaign for a candidate and wish. You must start by doing what the founding fathers did: stop OBEYING!

good, but how many people have not even taken one of the first, most important steps? stop buying and using corporate products!
those who buy them are obeying.

Danny Molina
02-06-2008, 08:17 PM
good, but how many people have not even taken one of the first, most important steps? stop buying and using corporate products!
those who buy them are obeying.

Yeah, pfft like that'll happen.

ams5995
02-06-2008, 08:34 PM
freestaters move to NH to take over their legislature. ive thought about it.

CareerTech1
02-06-2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.privateislandsonline.com/

With the money we raised in Q4 we could buy all the islands on that site

I want to buy an island - that would be sweet - any hurricanes come through there?

CareerTech1
02-06-2008, 08:55 PM
im in, i said this around Nov 5th He should just buy an island, become our president, and we can call it paultopia :)

then everyone was like, "nah they would just bomb us"

but seriously if someone buys an island i will SO move there and buy an acre or two :D

LOLOLOL

Deborah K
02-06-2008, 08:57 PM

What say ye?

I'd rather exercise our privileges found in the Declaration of Independence and overthrow this government and institute a new one.

But that's just me......

CareerTech1
02-06-2008, 08:59 PM
if its feasible sure - but if obama, hillary or mccain take office - look out!

at that point we should plan a money bomb - relocate all Paulites to Vermont or buy a huge island and form a new country based on the original Constitution

NinjaPirate
02-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I say we move underground...beneath the Earth's crust. :p

steve005
02-06-2008, 09:01 PM
bump

bump

Revolutn
02-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Ya'll ever heard of the Free State Project?

mkeller
02-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Here is what you do. This island:

is 4,000 acres. For the price, that is 2,500 dollars per acre. We all buy a certain number of acres for varying prices depending on the location (more for waterfront, less for property in land). All long as we account for the total price, we are fine.

Then we move there with the agreement that goverment will play the proper role. If anyone else wants to move there, they have to buy acres from someone who already lives there and agree to live by the rules. The small amount of goverment needed could be completely supported by taxing individuals who go to the resort; sort of a foreigners tax. But the residents would have no taxes. The small amount of goverment needed would have low overhead, say a judge, small police and "military" force.

Yes! I'd move there.

sgrooms
02-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Ya'll ever heard of the Free State Project?

did you read the thread?

fedup100
02-06-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm in, but lets pick say 5 of the best we can find with the most favorable territorial rule ie: Brazil, Costa Rica, New Zealand etc. Or we can always strike a hell of a deal with the Lakota tribes and corner the market on off shore banking and gambling sites (while on shore of course). Actually, the Indian Tribe deal would be really sweet and easy for others to come on board.

Any way, then lets vote and go for it. I'm like really in!

piotr1
02-06-2008, 09:28 PM
This island idea is really great! Adding a small resort to it is an even better idea! We would allow complete freedom and privacy for guests. They could do anything they want as long as it didn't harm anyone else. Gambling, Drug Freedom, Nudism.... anything goes! 8)

louisiana4liberty
02-06-2008, 09:39 PM
there has to be a sizeable admission fee in order to start the government

security isn't free - those under the age of good judgment would be protected vigorously - any violent crime and you're immediately deported
courts aren't free
administrators aren't free
infrastructure isn't free

hands off society - continuous improvement of freedom and liberty would be the foundation of the nation:cool:

ProfNo
02-06-2008, 11:02 PM
This island idea is really great! Adding a small resort to it is an even better idea! We would allow complete freedom and privacy for guests. They could do anything they want as long as it didn't harm anyone else. Gambling, Drug Freedom, Nudism.... anything goes! 8)

Thats what I am talking about. Plus, we could also do what the swiss do and start a couple of banks that would be completely free of goverment involvement.

People would pay handsomely for these privileges, and this would take care of the cost of goverment.

ProfNo
02-06-2008, 11:05 PM
One last note, you all realize that what we are talking about is exactly what happened in "Atlas Shrugged".

At some point, you have to realize things cannot be saved anymore. I do not know if we are at that point yet, but we may be...

crazyfacedjenkins
02-06-2008, 11:07 PM
let's start another Jonestown

piotr1
02-06-2008, 11:10 PM
lets keep brainstorming!! mabye a billionaire will come along and help us out alittle.. 8)

So far for income we have 2 things we can do:
1) Resort / Tourism
2) Swiss type banking to offer to foreigners.

Security we can.....:
1) Military
2) Militia
3) Both

piotr1
02-06-2008, 11:12 PM
let's start another Jonestown

jonestown was communist, we aren't looking for that.......

tuckessee
02-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Melanesia.

icon124
02-06-2008, 11:13 PM
I'll do it, but watch for the missle that loses track and hits us ALL...by mistake of course...

skinnyskittles1989
02-06-2008, 11:14 PM
soooo rothbardian society or minarchist?

Airborn
02-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Security we can.....:
1) Military
2) Militia
3) Both

4) Put a bunch of d-con out for the neocons

You know they are to try to plant some moles

RonPaulVolunteer
02-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Alaska is pretty serious about succession.

nate895
02-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Yes any state can legally break away from the Union according to state law. Not according to Federal Law. You'd have to have a state legislature willing to break away from the Union, then you'd have to challenge the Union in the Supreme court for breaking contract of the original Union (not following the constitution). The Supreme Court would then have to find in favor of your state in order to successfully secede.

Vermont is the closest state to actually accomplishing this.

No, you need a special convention to rescind ratification of the Constitution, this is called by the legislature and the Governor issues writs of election to elect delegates. The legislature couldn't rescind ratification because it didn't ratify the Constitution, the convention did.

It isn't against Federal Law, and I highly doubt the US would provoke a war, the International community would attack them and possibly even go to war.

ProfNo
02-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Alaska is pretty serious about succession.

Alaska would be great...remote geographic location, lots of unused space. The goverment could be completely supported off of taxation of oil. The problem is that Alaska would have to agree to this which could take time and may never happen. If Alaska split away, I would move there in a hot second.

On the other hand, the island idea does have some merit in all seriousness. A small society like this can be self-sufficient for the most part, and goverment can be very small. Plus, nobody would probably bug you (if you payed the right people off). This is something that could be achieved right away.

gracebkr
02-07-2008, 12:06 AM

I don't know why Louisiana, but I think this is the right way to go, only I was thinking a Northern state that is unpopulated, like Washington or Montana, maybe a Dakota or two.

gracebkr
02-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Can we be called the United State of America?

Jodi's mom
02-07-2008, 12:44 AM

I wonder how many newcomers to America in the 1700s said that? or something similar.

gracebkr
02-07-2008, 12:49 AM
I wonder how many newcomers to America in the 1700s said that? or something similar.

continent and island are a tad different. I would not want to go to a island. What if it erupts? Tsunami? well, that's not really it, I just would want to be able to drive somewhere. Like go see the fam without having to cruise then fly.

nayjevin
02-07-2008, 12:50 AM
We should purchase the pie shaped pieces extending out to the ozone layer left over when the square property boundaries on the curved face of the earth are extruded.

Jodi's mom
02-07-2008, 12:51 AM
LOL!!!

And thanks for posting this:
My friends, they support me - Jack Kemp, and Phil Graham, and Joe Nobodycares - because I was a POW. And a military leader. And that's what this country needs, is leading. And someone has to do it. Jack Kemp and Joe Blow and Jack Kemp, they know this and that's why they, my friends, support me as their leader for leading. My friends. Jack Kemp. -Wedge Talon

ROFLMAO!!! That's about how he sounded, too!! What a blowhard, egotistical maniac!

billyjoeallen
02-07-2008, 12:51 AM
There is a island group called Palmyra that might be suitable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmyra_Atoll

It's already a U.S. territory and privately owned.

DeadWolfe
02-07-2008, 12:59 AM
I think we should stick with the Free State Project. After all, that's already underway, and the hardest part of this is going to be picking a place and sticking with it.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
02-07-2008, 01:02 AM
People in Texas have been wanted succession for years.

gracebkr
02-07-2008, 01:04 AM
There is a island group called Palmyra that might be suitable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmyra_Atoll

It's already a U.S. territory and privately owned.

What size population can live on that? What could we do for economic gain? Would we just trade with one another and live like colonists? Lets make it a Ron Paul reality show! We can get FOX to fund our new country!

gracebkr
02-07-2008, 01:07 AM
I think we should stick with the Free State Project. After all, that's already underway, and the hardest part of this is going to be picking a place and sticking with it.

I don't like New Hampshire, surrounded by too much of the old country.

Airborn
02-07-2008, 01:15 AM
What size population can live on that? What could we do for economic gain? Would we just trade with one another and live like colonists? Lets make it a Ron Paul reality show! We can get FOX to fund our new country!

The atoll has been manned by a group of scientists, Nature Conservancy staff and volunteers, and Fish & Wildlife representatives (totalling between four and 20 in all) for the last several years.

4 to 20 people? I'm sure they wouldn't mind some freedom loving people to join them.

oh, and we should ban fox where ever we go. It goes against our message but maybe one-time thing to exclude fox :D

If fox tag'd along, I'm finding another Island!:p

Jodi's mom
02-07-2008, 01:25 AM

Not to be a pessimist, BUT....they probably wouldn't let us have the mineral rights.

billyjoeallen
02-07-2008, 01:28 AM

I just found it today on Wikipedia. I don't know any more about it than you can easily find on line. From what I've read, it's the closest thing to Gilligan's Island there is. There's an airstrip. I imagine the economy would be a tax haven/money laundry/ internet gambling type of opportunity with some drug and prostitution tourism thrown in. We could set up the world's first for profit kidney bank maybe.

Another option would be one or several of the artificial islands in Dubai.

Either way, obtaining sovereignty and not just ownership is the real problem.
One way to accomplish that would be to immigrate to an independent island or island group with a democratic government and overwhelm the native votes. Pitcairn island or Tristan Da Cuna or Nauru spring to mind.

Enzo
02-07-2008, 01:30 AM
There's always the option of becoming pirates...

Havax
02-07-2008, 01:41 AM
There was a number of people in North Hampshire that are trying to secede from the union. There is a way to actually do it legally, I forgot what requirements are needed though.

stewie3128
02-07-2008, 02:44 AM

It's also about 800 square feet total.

CareerTech1
02-07-2008, 10:14 AM

LOL

davidkachel
02-07-2008, 10:33 AM
I'd rather exercise our privileges found in the Declaration of Independence and overthrow this government and institute a new one.

But that's just me......

Damn! I think I'm in love!!!

sgrooms
02-07-2008, 10:43 AM
There was a number of people in North Hampshire that are trying to secede from the union. There is a way to actually do it legally, I forgot what requirements are needed though.

read the thread

Andrew76
02-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Here's better idea:

Don't think so. I'd prefer to live free, not on a commune. "Equal Opportunity" = communism. No thanks.

c0unterph0bia
02-07-2008, 10:51 AM
I'd pitch in.

piotr1
02-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Its my island, mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sgrooms
02-07-2008, 12:49 PM
i'd still rather spend the next 10 years fixing our current country, than try to form another.

Danny Molina
02-07-2008, 12:51 PM
It'll take more like a couple lifetimes. That's how long it took for the media to have all the power it does now.

2young2vote
02-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Didn't the libertarians try to get alot of people to move to a certain state so they could take it over but when it actually came down to it nobody moved?

I like the idea i just don't think it is realistic.

Danny Molina
02-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah the freestateproject is a bust. New Hampshire is not more freer than any other state.

Menthol Patch
02-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Why don't we build a huge series of connected boats and live on them?

piotr1
02-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Island we need an island!!! ;p

sgrooms
02-07-2008, 01:22 PM
It'll take more like a couple lifetimes. That's how long it took for the media to have all the power it does now.

i disagree. RP has over 1,000,000 people that have seen the light. if we get involved in our local GOP, start running for congress, the senate, etc., i think we can turn our party around within 10 years.

at the local level, our supporters are unlike anything the GOP has. we are 10x more dedicated, 10x more enthused, and TEN TIMES BETTER AT RAISING MONEY.