PDA

View Full Version : Ron in Debates vs Hillary-McShame or CSPAN Rants?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 11:37 AM
One poll already has us at about 10% vs McShame-Dem, and all we need is 15% to get into the debates with Ron as an iNDEPENDENT candidate.

Would you rather keep this campaign going and get into the national debates against McShame and Hillary where he will be the only true antiwar, conservative, and anti-amnesty candidate, reaching tens of millions of people, or would you rather see him slink back to his congressional seat and continue making useless rants on the house floor, barely seen on CSPAN?

azzuth
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
I vote for Option 3: Keep Dr. Paul well funded and running for the GOP nonimation and WIN by overwhelming support of grassroots and eventual awakening of our sheepy population.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I vote for Option 3: Keep Dr. Paul well funded and running for the GOP nonimation and WIN by overwhelming support of grassroots and eventual awakening of our sheepy population.

No, I only have options that are available on the planet earth.

Satyricon
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
One poll already has us at about 10% vs McShame-Dem, and all we need is 15% to get into the debates with Ron as an iNDEPENDENT candidate.

Link?

MikeSmith
02-06-2008, 11:49 AM

Would you rather keep this campaign going and get into the national debates against McShame and Hillary where he will be the only true antiwar, conservative, and anti-amnesty candidate, reaching tens of millions of people, or would you rather see him slink back to his congressional seat and continue making useless rants on the house floor, barely seen on CSPAN?

You didn't answer my question... What is the advantage of an Independent run over a Libertarian or Consitution Party run? Isn't it be easier for a Libertarian candidate to get on the ballots?

edit: okay, your answer is the baggage associated with the other parties.

MGreen
02-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Haven't you made enough threads about this already?

And if you haven't noticed, neither candidate has been nominated yet. I think we can do well if it's McCain vs Hillary, but we'd be pretty screwed if Obama gets the nom.

IMO, if Paul wants to run Indy at all, he should not announce it until the dust has settled. Running Independent now would make him a sore loser and a quitter. Running Independent when our only choices are McCain or Hillary would be standing up for the anti-war, anti-illegal vote.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Link?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/pt_survey_toplines/toplines_independent_candidates_january_21_22_2008

Note that in that one poll, Ron might even be up to 12-15% already if you take Bloomberg's independent votes and assume some of them might go to Ron.

azzuth
02-06-2008, 11:56 AM

How is it that you can have so little faith in a man you believe in so much? :(

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 11:57 AM
How is it that you can have so little faith in a man you believe in so much? :(

The people who are urging an independent run are the ones with the MOST faith in Dr Paul!

familydog
02-06-2008, 11:59 AM
You didn't answer my question... What is the advantage of an Independent run over a Libertarian or Consitution Party run? Isn't it be easier for a Libertarian candidate to get on the ballots?

edit: okay, your answer is the baggage associated with the other parties.

MayTheRon doesn't answers questions. He just states claims and expects us all to believe them without proof. And if you disagree with him you are a GOP troll.

Satyricon
02-06-2008, 12:00 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/pt_survey_toplines/toplines_independent_candidates_january_21_22_2008

Note that in that one poll, Ron might even be up to 12-15% already if you take Bloomberg's independent votes and assume some of them might go to Ron.

Interesting numbers. He gets a better percentage when McCain is the Rep. nominee over Romney but then Romney AND Paul's numbers go down when they're both in the same poll. Don't know where RP's votes are going once McCain is out of the picture if they aren't going to Mitt. :confused:

That is nice to see though that at least 10% would turn out for RP in a general election. :)

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Interesting numbers. He gets a better percentage when McCain is the Rep. nominee over Romney but then Romney AND Paul's numbers go down when they're both in the same poll. Don't know where RP's votes are going once McCain is out of the picture if they aren't going to Mitt. :confused:

That is nice to see though that at least 10% would turn out for RP in a general election. :)

And keep in mind, 90% of people are still clueless about Dr Paul!

Satyricon
02-06-2008, 12:12 PM
And keep in mind, 90% of people are still clueless about Dr Paul!

This is why I believe that if he's going to make the effort to run third party, it is IMPERATIVE that he get in the debates. Getting on the ballots is not enough IMO.

I would not expect a win even if he DOES get into the debates, but I believe that people will hear what he has to say and agree with it and he can, at the very least, have the impact that Perot did.

I am not trying to be a downer or a "troll" or anything of the short, but I believe that Ron does not want to run third party if he's just going to burn through all his money trying to get on ballots and then have nothing after that, nor any debate coverage. That is not something I'm sure he wants to go through again nor should he because I believe it is wasted effort. The better thing to do in that scenario would be to push the Congressional effort as has been discussed.

It should be interesting and I will support him no matter what transpires.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 12:13 PM
This is why I believe that if he's going to make the effort to run third party, it is IMPERATIVE that he get in the debates. Getting on the ballots is not enough IMO.

I would not expect a win even if he DOES get into the debates, but I believe that people will hear what he has to say and agree with it and he can, at the very least, have the impact that Perot did.

I am not trying to be a downer or a "troll" or anything of the short, but I believe that Ron does not want to run third party if he's just going to burn through all his money trying to get on ballots and then have nothing after that, nor any debate coverage. That is not something I'm sure he wants to go through again nor should he because I believe it is wasted effort. The better thing to do in that scenario would be to push the Congressional effort as has been discussed.

You are a patriot! And don't rule out that we could win. Perot almost did it in 1992, and if the economy really tanks, Ron will be in a position to really clean up.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 12:35 PM
MayTheRon doesn't answers questions. He just states claims and expects us all to believe them without proof. And if you disagree with him you are a GOP troll.

I answered the question and provided the evidence.

familydog
02-06-2008, 12:43 PM
What about money? You stated he could easily raise 100 million.

What about media attention? You said the media will be forced to pay attention to him as much as the other.

What about the debates? You said they will have to let him in because Ross Perot got in the debates.

itshappening
02-06-2008, 12:45 PM

they're running Nader, Bloomberg and anyone else if Paul runs to dillute his vote like the Republican primary

Madison
02-07-2008, 02:49 AM
The independent candidacy has to be operated 100% by the grassroots. We do all the advertising, we get him on the ballots, and we get him in the debates. No "official" campaign this time around.

parocks
02-07-2008, 03:41 AM

The MSM, our real enemy, not the GOP, will not, on planet earth, provide Ron Paul the media attention necessary to win.

On planet earth, there is still a real, although small, chance that things will go our way with the brokered convention strategy.

It does appear that we're getting our people in place, so that if there is a brokered convention, we might be able to get RP in there. If not, there might be some positive good to be brought by having our people in the hierarchy of the Republican Party.

The chances are slim, yes. People do not yet understand that priority number 1 is keep McCain from securing the nomination.

parocks
02-07-2008, 03:47 AM
The impact Perot had was to get Clinton elected.

We don't want that again.