PDA

View Full Version : Time to make some tough decisions, time to take off the rose-colored glasses

Original_Intent
02-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Many are feeling disillusioned and depressed this morning. Now would be a good time to evaluate what we are in for and what is expected of us. Here is a great article detailing what we have ahead of us.

http://www.garynorth.com/public/2963.cfm

Excerpt:

Politics is a strong and slow boring of hard boards. It takes both passion and perspective. Certainly all historical experience confirms the truth -- that man would not have attained the possible unless time and again he had reached out for the impossible. But to do that a man must be a leader, and not only a leader but a hero as well, in a very sober sense of the word.
That describes Ron Paul. But what of his followers? Weber continued:

And even those who are neither leaders nor heroes must arm themselves with that steadfastness of heart which can brave even the crumbling of all hopes. This is necessary right now, or else men will not be able to attain even that which is possible today. Only he has the calling for politics who is sure that he shall not crumble when the world from his point of view is too stupid or too base for what he wants to offer. Only he who in the face of all this can say 'In spite of all!' has the calling for politics.
This is what it will take to return this country to Constitutional liberty.

Here is where the battle will be won or lost: in local politics. This is the slow boring of hard boards. This is Phase 2.

To those that are thinking of quitting, please consider carefully what we are fighting for, and realize that we are just coming to the end of the EASY part of phase 1. (Heh how is THAT for encouraging?:)) But seriously, there is no whitewashing it, there is no spoonful of suger to help this medicine go down (other than the knowledge that we are fighting the good fight). But it is going to be HARD.

If you decide the fight is not for you, can you at least be mature enough to leave quietly without having yo make a dramatic exit with a long post about how doomed we are, how hard you fought (and all for nothing!) etc.? If you elieve that the cause is a good one, even if you feel you yourself cannot carry on, then please show THE MOVEMENT the respect of not throwing molatov cocktails over your shoulder as you leave.

If, however you decide that this fight is worth carrying past the convention, past November, and worth fighting for until your dying breath, welcome fellow borther or sister of liberty. It is indeed an honor to be associated with you!

(If you have read this far, please comment to keep this on the fornt page for a while)

WarningSLO
02-06-2008, 11:27 AM
We need a good e-mail from Ron or HQ to let us know what they are thinking right now.

Shed
02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
You want strong leadership from Ron Paul? He doesn't know how to run your life, he doesn't want to run your life!

Liberty is about the message, not the man. We don't need our Glorious Leader to encourage us; we need to remember why individual liberty, sound economics and a non-interventionist foreign policy are important ends.

frasu
02-06-2008, 11:36 AM
You want strong leadership from Ron Paul? He doesn't know how to run your life, he doesn't want to run your life!

Liberty is about the message, not the man. We don't need our Glorious Leader to encourage us; we need to remember why individual liberty, sound economics and a non-interventionist foreign policy are important ends.

excellent point

Original_Intent
02-06-2008, 11:51 AM

Exactly. Even if we are not leader types, we need to not look to others to decide what we should do, we need to look inwards. We can't live forever on borrowed light.

rdenner
02-06-2008, 11:55 AM
I have been in the Revolution since before it started. I was sending Emails and letters to Dr Paul as far back as 2004. I sent emails to his local newspaper imploring the citizens of that community to give him up for the greater good and convince him to run for president(though at the time I thought Libertarian Party).

I can vividly remember the day I found out he had thrown his hat in the ring(it was actually leaked to the Libertarian community early) and I literally yelled "RIGHT ON!!" right in the middle of my office. I had to explain to the 3 people in the room why I had gone insane for a second.

NONE OF THEM HAD HEARD THE NAME RON PAUL! At the begining I had to mail my first check into the Exploratory commitee. The website was just a single HTML page that was linked from his congressional page.

I remember the very first Youtube that came out showed him at a house party in New Hampshire AND A WHOPPING TOTAL of 50 or so people were there.. And I was excited by this. I remember the early videos showing him driving HIMSELF around to different places.

We polled exactly ZERO POINT ZERO in national recognition and support in January of 2007. MY ONE AND ONLY point in being a part of the Ron Paul run was to see him make it TO JUST ONE nationally televised debate, JUST ONE.. That is how reserved my hopes were for this campaign. I just wanted the chance for OUR VIEWS to be seen by a wider audience than just LewRockwell.com and the Mises.org websites.

I KNEW that if he caught fire he could unite an unlikely mix of Social Libertarian, Social Conservative, Anti-War advocate, Pro-Drug Legalization, Pro-Life, Pro-Home Schooling, etc ,etc coalition, the likes that has never been seen in modern politics. But I was trying to be cautious and not get my hopes up.

ONE NATIONAL DEBATE was all I wanted. Well we got that and a whole lot more. I remember the "Guiliani Incident" in the Fox debate and how that was the CATALYST that started everything rolling. I remember vividly pumping my fist in delight after I read the 2nd Quarter number and we made a whopping 2.4 million dollars and the utter triumph when we topped 5 million in the 3rd quarter.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.. 6.4 million in one FUCKING DAY???!!??? 24 million in the 4th quarter??

For all of you that want to hang your head in shame. DON'T... You are a part of History here my friends. What started off as a modest attempt to shine a little light on a long ignored philisophic view point has snow balled into the New American Revolution. You can stand proud and know YOU WERE IT'S PATRIOTS.

Sure we all remember John Hancock and Thomas Jefferson and Madison and Franklin. But what about the hundreds of thousands of unsung patriots that made those men famous?? Were they any less important.

If we keep this movement alive, you will have to trust me on this, but WE WILL WRITE HISTORY!!

Robert

Original_Intent
02-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Lol @ "my friends". I'm sorry, but I will forever have a flashback and see john McCain's face when I hear that phrase!

Thanks Robert for a very positive post! Love your spirit!

the_bee
02-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Many are feeling disillusioned and depressed this morning. Now would be a good time to evaluate what we are in for and what is expected of us. Here is a great article detailing what we have ahead of us.

http://www.garynorth.com/public/2963.cfm

Excerpt:

To those that are thinking of quitting, please consider carefully what we are fighting for, and realize that we are just coming to the end of the EASY part of phase 1. (Heh how is THAT for encouraging?:)) But seriously, there is no whitewashing it, there is no spoonful of suger to help this medicine go down (other than the knowledge that we are fighting the good fight). But it is going to be HARD.

If you decide the fight is not for you, can you at least be mature enough to leave quietly without having yo make a dramatic exit with a long post about how doomed we are, how hard you fought (and all for nothing!) etc.? If you elieve that the cause is a good one, even if you feel you yourself cannot carry on, then please show THE MOVEMENT the respect of not throwing molatov cocktails over your shoulder as you leave.

If, however you decide that this fight is worth carrying past the convention, past November, and worth fighting for until your dying breath, welcome fellow borther or sister of liberty. It is indeed an honor to be associated with you!

(If you have read this far, please comment to keep this on the fornt page for a while)

Iv been fighting for about 15 years now, trying to waa=ke people up and it is a hard thing to do, but persistence is the key..a little bit at a time is what works for most people, most of the time its just too much all at the same time.. they become over whelmed and turned off. Baby steps are required and that’s where we are. People are just starting to wake up and become unplugged and once unplugged you can never go back.

The_bee

the_bee
02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
bump

freelance
02-06-2008, 12:31 PM
I have been in the Revolution since before it started. I was sending Emails and letters to Dr Paul as far back as 2004. I sent emails to his local newspaper imploring the citizens of that community to give him up for the greater good and convince him to run for president(though at the time I thought Libertarian Party).

I can vividly remember the day I found out he had thrown his hat in the ring(it was actually leaked to the Libertarian community early) and I literally yelled "RIGHT ON!!" right in the middle of my office. I had to explain to the 3 people in the room why I had gone insane for a second.

NONE OF THEM HAD HEARD THE NAME RON PAUL! At the begining I had to mail my first check into the Exploratory commitee. The website was just a single HTML page that was linked from his congressional page.

I remember the very first Youtube that came out showed him at a house party in New Hampshire AND A WHOPPING TOTAL of 50 or so people were there.. And I was excited by this. I remember the early videos showing him driving HIMSELF around to different places.

We polled exactly ZERO POINT ZERO in national recognition and support in January of 2007. MY ONE AND ONLY point in being a part of the Ron Paul run was to see him make it TO JUST ONE nationally televised debate, JUST ONE.. That is how reserved my hopes were for this campaign. I just wanted the chance for OUR VIEWS to be seen by a wider audience than just LewRockwell.com and the Mises.org websites.

I KNEW that if he caught fire he could unite an unlikely mix of Social Libertarian, Social Conservative, Anti-War advocate, Pro-Drug Legalization, Pro-Life, Pro-Home Schooling, etc ,etc coalition, the likes that has never been seen in modern politics. But I was trying to be cautious and not get my hopes up.

ONE NATIONAL DEBATE was all I wanted. Well we got that and a whole lot more. I remember the "Guiliani Incident" in the Fox debate and how that was the CATALYST that started everything rolling. I remember vividly pumping my fist in delight after I read the 2nd Quarter number and we made a whopping 2.4 million dollars and the utter triumph when we topped 5 million in the 3rd quarter.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.. 6.4 million in one FUCKING DAY???!!??? 24 million in the 4th quarter??

For all of you that want to hang your head in shame. DON'T... You are a part of History here my friends. What started off as a modest attempt to shine a little light on a long ignored philisophic view point has snow balled into the New American Revolution. You can stand proud and know YOU WERE IT'S PATRIOTS.

Sure we all remember John Hancock and Thomas Jefferson and Madison and Franklin. But what about the hundreds of thousands of unsung patriots that made those men famous?? Were they any less important.

If we keep this movement alive, you will have to trust me on this, but WE WILL WRITE HISTORY!!

Robert

This certainly puts the journey to date into perspective. I also begged Ron Paul to run for president. He knew the road would be tough and he knew that he would face "humiliation" (please don't take that wrong) at the hands of the MSM and the current GOP, and yet he made the decision to put himself and his family through it for the sake of liberty.

Post of the day. Thanks Robert.

MadTheologian
02-06-2008, 12:40 PM
This is merely Chapter 1 in our adventure.

Whether or not we have Dr Paul as our President, we still have to go on with this message. We have local and state offices to fill, propositions and bills to challenge (or promote), and people to talk.

hatefalseweight
02-06-2008, 01:15 PM
I quit voting for the 2 party system twenty years ago when I realized that we were a communist nation being controlled by godless international cartels using their collectivist educational, monetary, taxation, and communication control systems to enslave us in a system of global communism.

The people in the Constitution party know this and have been trying to call out anyone who will listen who has some semblance of decency and understanding of these principles, but very few will make the commitment to do it. Dr. Paul has succeeded in doing what these people could not.

We just have a lot of ignorance and hypocrisy in this country, blaming homosexuals or muslims or whatever for our problems instead of ourselves.

jarofclay
02-06-2008, 01:39 PM
awesome post OP.

Always remember:

We fight for ....our neighbors and soldiers who are dying in Iraq.
We fight for ....our children and their children and the future debt.
We fight for ....the cause of liberty and a republic.

We fight the good fight and it is not against any man, but rather against the principalities of darkness.

nullvalu
02-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Regarding HQ, No News is Good News. Ron Paul said he was in this til the end. He is a man of his word, right? Unless we hear otherwise, HE IS IN THIS TIL THE END.

Relax people.

thewolf7=1976
02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm in for the long haul. Going to the precinct "mass meetings" in Savannah, GA on the 16th. My infusion into the GOP begins there and then I will be a regular. We must not "fight city hall" we must "become city hall". That is the only way. I turn 32 this year, I want our leaders in control by the time I'm 40. Can we do it? Yes. it won't be as hard as we think we just have to show up and make our voices heard.