PDA

View Full Version : Can we please concentrate on winning Texas?

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Republican Polls

Republican Primary Date: 3/4/08

Delegates At Stake: 140. Awarded Winner Takes All

IVR Polls
Date: 1/30-31
Texas
Est. MoE = 3.3% [?]
Mitt Romney 30%
John McCain 29%
Mike Huckabee 20%
Ron Paul 8%
Alan Keyes 3%
Unsure 10%
Source

Arklatex
02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Great Strategy. The Lone Star state is very independent minded. Here's a quick easy way everyone can help:

www.ronpaulbillboards.com

The vote is a month away!

RageAgainstDC
02-06-2008, 11:36 AM
come on... get off of it already. what's 140 delegates? i appreciate the optimism, but that isn't even enough to make us the kingmaker, let alone get us the nomination. any continued effort in the republican primary is a waste of time and resources.

Jae0
02-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Great Strategy. The Lone Star state is very independent minded. Here's a quick easy way everyone can help:

www.ronpaulbillboards.com

The vote is a month away!

Is Texas winner take all?

hawks4ronpaul
02-06-2008, 11:39 AM
What is the campaign's plan for TX?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

expatinireland
02-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Is Texas winner take all?

That's what the OP said.

Jae0
02-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Oh duh! Brain fart.

jahazii
02-06-2008, 11:41 AM
To reach out to 4 million voters.

www.ronpaulbillboards.com needs 3k by tonight

Please

Jae0
02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
We can do good in Texas. might not win but atleast make a huge dent! Keep up the fight

Laja
02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
We need to canvass door to door and we need to continue to support the campaign. Early voting starts on February 19. Any and all of you who can come to TX to help would be greatly appreciated. Check out the meetup group for an area you'd like to help with.

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
We can reach potential voters in Texas. In 2006 Austin voted for Independent candidates over Rick Perry for Governor.

Our graphics designer has already reworked the designs for the 14x 48 billboards and all info and issues are included.

We are ready for print!

TEXAS IS AN OPEN PRIMARY ANYONE CAN VOTE AND THE ANTI-WAR VOTE IS HUGE HERE!

mavtek
02-06-2008, 11:47 AM
We can reach potential voters in Texas. In 2006 Austin voted for Independent candidates over Rick Perry for Governor.

Our graphics designer has already reworked the designs for the 14x 48 billboards and all info and issues are included.

We are ready for print!

TEXAS IS AN OPEN PRIMARY ANYONE CAN VOTE AND THE ANTI-WAR VOTE IS HUGE HERE!

Correction......

The antiwar vote is huge in AUSTIN! Sorry man, but RP is not loved in DFW nor Houston like he is in Austin. I think that's a product of Alex Jones, something that no one else has anywhere. All of those who complain and get pissy regarding Alex remember Alex broadcast in Austin and that just happens to be where most of our support is, at least per capita.

Arklatex
02-06-2008, 11:49 AM

I voted Kinky Friedman for Gov also!

Sam Houston was an Independent!!!

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 11:52 AM
The Anti-War and Independent voters are huge down here. We just need to reach them and show them the true Anti-War candidate or we will loose them to Obama.

Texas is an open primary, anyone registered can vote for Ron Paul!

mello
02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
We won Louisiana...we just have to force them to say it.

weslinder
02-06-2008, 01:40 PM
We'd love to have all of you down here campaigning for Ron Paul. The Ron Paul groups down here are great, and there are at least some counties where the Republican Party is completely Liberty Caucus controlled.

I just want to clarify something, though. Texas primary is "majority-take-all". If a candidate gets >50%, he gets all the delegates. If not, the delegates' first two votes in the national convention are apportioned among the candidates who get >20% of the vote.

AzNsOuLjAh27
02-06-2008, 01:46 PM
go to www.yahoo.com then click on the mclame's picture. then click on full results. Then click on Texas, Ron Paul is in 2nd but they didn't vote yet. all the unhighlighted states are where ron paul is in 1st or 2nd. can someone explain these results and numbers?

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Texas needs to be the greatest battleground, in my humble opinion, for several reasons. I urge all who wonder, "Why Texas," to visit my thread POWER in the CONVENTION for some serious answers. Thank you.

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Texas needs to be the greatest battleground, in my humble opinion, for several reasons. I urge all who wonder, "Why Texas," to visit my thread POWER in the CONVENTION for some serious answers. Thank you.

+1,000,000

Sarge
02-06-2008, 02:11 PM
I am placing this here, as it likely would not seen by many otherwise.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120227245795447049.html?mod=election_special_cov erage=yhoofront

Based on this article this thing is still up in the air. Note the Republicans the most fractured comment.

Some how we need to get this across to Texas, that Dr. Paul would be the best to get back unity.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 02:21 PM
http://files.meetup.com/637551/Ron_Win_One_For_The_Gipper.pdf

Who can change some of the text on this flier? We need to incorporate some of these ideas about why it behooves Texans to, basically, hire Dr. Paul to broker this upcoming convention into this!

jblosser
02-06-2008, 02:24 PM
I just want to clarify something, though. Texas primary is "majority-take-all". If a candidate gets >50%, he gets all the delegates. If not, the delegates' first two votes in the national convention are apportioned among the candidates who get >20% of the vote.

And this is not state-wide, it's by congressional district.

Enzo
02-06-2008, 02:31 PM
I believe we have a very strong chance of winning Austin and Houston.

The difficulty with Texas is it's size... and immense population that is spread so far.

Canvassing will really be important for these smaller, out of the way communities outside of the major cities.

RonPaulFTFW
02-06-2008, 02:32 PM
How many times have we heard we could win a state and haven't?

lets see...
New Hampshire.
Maine.
Louisiana.
Alaska.

Idk, i just would like to see some hard polling info before we go spreading it around that we can win.

jahazii
02-06-2008, 02:42 PM

lets see...
New Hampshire.
Maine.
Louisiana.
Alaska.

Idk, i just would like to see some hard polling info before we go spreading it around that we can win.

Well we technically won LA. Sure we were overly optimistic, but we are now only realizing how far the elites will go to stop the movement. I think all the dirt we uncovered in this dirty election is enough for any Patriotic American to sit down and be marginalized by the elitists.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 02:42 PM
idk, i just would like to see some hard polling info before we go spreading it around that we can win.

Yeah, I feel you. There is, however, no precedent for a revolution in this nation in the internet age. How are we going to get meaningful numbers on whether we can incite pro-Texas feeling for an admitted also-ran on the basis of his being a homeboy until we try? There are strong arguments for it though. Texas is the one place it can work.

We'd be selling the idea that Dr. Paul can promote the state and look after its interests in the process of brokering the first brokered convention since the primary process was invented. What the hell is Gallup going to tell us about that?

Have a better idea? Shall we just throw up our hands and give up on getting anything more meaningful out of all of our effort to date? Have we had any guarantees of success so far?

I say there's nothing to lose and everything to gain!

atthegates
02-06-2008, 02:44 PM
you've gotta be joking if you think we can win texas

Enzo
02-06-2008, 02:45 PM

lets see...
New Hampshire.
Maine.
Louisiana.
Alaska.

Texas is a hard one. And Austin is virtually an island in the middle of the state... surrounded by people who usually vote in complete opposition to us.

I may live in a bit of a vacuum. On my way to work.. I pass 2 huge Ron Paul banners... and about 10 Ron Paul signs in front of various businesses.

Every 4th or 5th house in my neighborhood has a Ron Paul sign in the yard... I see on average... 10-20 Ron Paul bumper stickers just driving around town... Just about every telephone pole within a 5 mile radius of my house has a Ron Paul sign on it... and the local newspaper is already writing articles on Ron Paul.. without having to twist their arm.

And just about everyone I talk to... Is either voting for Ron Paul, knows who Ron Paul is.... Or has at least heard of him.

So it's very hard for me to believe that Ron Paul would not demolish the other candidates here.

But perhaps this is the case in most other cities? and somehow McCain and Romney and Huckabee bring people out of the woodwork? I don't know.

DeadtoSin
02-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Huckabee/McCain are huge up here.

free.alive
02-06-2008, 02:49 PM
FOcus on Texas after Saturday, until then focus on WA (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113582)!

Michael Ingram
02-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Texas is a hard one. And Austin is virtually an island in the middle of the state... surrounded by people who usually vote in complete opposition to us.

I may live in a bit of a vacuum. On my way to work.. I pass 2 huge Ron Paul banners... and about 10 Ron Paul signs in front of various businesses.

Every 4th or 5th house in my neighborhood has a Ron Paul sign in the yard... I see on average... 10-20 Ron Paul bumper stickers just driving around town... Just about every telephone pole within a 5 mile radius of my house has a Ron Paul sign on it... and the local newspaper is already writing articles on Ron Paul.. without having to twist their arm.

And just about everyone I talk to... Is either voting for Ron Paul, knows who Ron Paul is.... Or has at least heard of him.

So it's very hard for me to believe that Ron Paul would not demolish the other candidates here.

But perhaps this is the case in most other cities? and somehow McCain and Romney and Huckabee bring people out of the woodwork? I don't know.

This has been the case in other counties, but Mccain magically brings people to vote for him.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Huckabee/McCain are huge up here.

That's the point. No one thinks he can win. This time, we aren't promoting him to win the nomination. We're promoting him to win Texas so he can take 15% of the delegates needed to win to the convention and:

Get Texas publicity.
Send the message not to ignore Texans.
Play peacemaker between Huck and Romney (or just work with Huck) to beat McCain.
Win concessions for Texans in the party platform (whether you think Dr. Paul will play that or not--after all, W made plenty of promises...).
Flex Texas muscles.

And etc. This is a sell that goes right to the heart of Texans, and if sold right it can win that state. Indeed, Texas will be more susceptible to this sort of thing than just about any other state I can think of. What the hell do we have to lose? I say we can win libertarian concessions from the platform committee and the nominee, and I would not be surprised if 182 delegates isn't enough to buy our man Cheney's office.

Why wouldn't we do this?

timnavarro
02-06-2008, 03:06 PM
I had literally written a long post in Microsoft Word about Texas, and then when I went to post it, I saw this thread. In the spirit of consolidation, here is the post that I was going to start a new thread for:

I know yesterday did not look good for us. But, sitting back thinking about the situation with my rational mind (which was only possible once the fog of rage at the sheeple lifted from my presence) I realized that what I had seen on the news had affected me exactly as it was intended to affect me. The mainstream media will never give us a fair shake. This means that the sheeple will continue to be clueless unless they're tapped on the forehead with the truth, reminiscent of that V8 juice commercial. We have made headway with tapping those people on the forehead through door-to-door canvassing. Some of those newly awoken sheeple are so inspired that they join you in canvassing, but this is still the absolute least efficient way of winning votes. Why do you think the MSM has evolved to be the powerhouse of influence that it so clearly is? Because it works, and to add insult to injury, it is all too easy to do. They have become masters, neigh, artisans or craftsmen, even sculptors, molding public opinion in whatever ungodly image the "people" running the networks wish to create that day. I need not site examples; if you're here, you know that the sheeple are not being told the whole truth about their voting options, so I need not waste time with citations backing up the above assumption.

So, since we see that they are masters at what they do, and that the system by which they disseminate the influence they possess is so effective at reaching the masses of the populace, any effort to reach as many people as the media are able to reach will be so exponentially less efficient that it is near-impossible to overcome.

Now that I believe I've shown the opposition's advantages (ability to reach the vast majority of the populace easily, ability to omit facts and sculpt public opinion with ease), I must mention our advantages. Firstly, when we do canvass, people tend to listen even more closely to us than if they were to listen to the t.v. casually; a person who decides who they're voting for the week, night, or day of, an election. They may not watch cable news networks 1 (or more) hour (s) a day, but they catch the evening news. Now, when you are talking to this person, you have an advantage over the MSM. These people will listen to you because you're their "neighbor" and you've taken the time to knock on their door and be friendly (and you don't look like a damn hippie). Someone who is a hardcore neocon or warmonger, wish them well and move on. Anyway, the second advantage that we have is that once someone's turned on to Dr. Paul, they won't fall for another scumbag politicians' lies ever again, and might just have an impact you'll never know about. They may turn on countless others, run for office, or a host of other possibilities. We have the most kick-ass grassroots in the history of political campaigns. Seriously. This is un-prececented. Some have mentioned that Lincoln went into the convention with the 22 delegates from his state and took the convention. Think about that. He was able to pour his resources into just one state and take the nomination with that core support. Imagine if that's all we had to do. I don't know all the rules, but I've heard that we have to win at least five states to be invited. That makes each of the coming primaries and caucuses vitally important.

Going into a brokered convention we have a distinct advantage: OUR MESSAGE! At the convention, things are different, people take a good hard look at the nitty gritty of nominating each candidate and the chance each has of beating the democratic nominee. There we have another advantage. Dr. Paul has the most chance of getting crossover votes from the Dems. Plain and simple. I can't imagine another Republican having a better shot against Hillabama than Dr. Paul. Imagine the debates with just Hillabama Vs. Dr. Paul. Equal talking time, identical questions, and the time Dr. Paul needs to jolt the sheeple out of their soft sociofacist comas and re-introduce the concept of liberty and how it would be different to have a government restrained by the people instead of being people restrained by their government. The debates are the great equalizer that will win the general for us. The only way that we will be significant in those debates is if we get the nomination. Even IF we went third party, and even IF we were allowed to get into the debates, do you really think they'd ask him a question? Hell to the no! The ONLY shot we'd have at getting our message out is if the mystery "gazillionaire" comes out of the woodwork with that brilliantly produced miniseries and ran it (or commercials for it) in every available broadcast slot. The only way the required number of people would tune in is if they were literally inundated with ads for it, and it ran lots of times so they'd have multiple times to tune in to view it. Now, how likely is that? Anyone want to give odds on that happening? I admit, the odds of Dr. Paul winning the Republican nomination are slim, but much better than the mystery billionaire being real. Furthermore, if we can steal this nomination away from McRomabee, I'd give 60/40 odds of us winning the general. Hillabama's gonna have to pull out all the voter fraud stops to beat us if we get the nomination, and even in that case, there might be enough of an uproar to expose the fraud and bring some real changes to our electoral system. I like the idea of hand counted paper ballots, televised for anyone to observe, at any time.

Anyway, I'd like to conclude by asking for all the help you can give us in Texas. We're working damn hard to get the vote out, and we WILL be taking delegates to National. I'll be going to National, (God willing), and I'd have to have a gun held to my head to vote for anyone other than Dr. Paul. Let's get billboards up, radio ads on every station, and ten times the volunteers than New Hampshire. Let's shock the nation with a win in Texas. It's a big-ass state; probably the most famous state around the world. (I know I might get flamed for that one, but seriously, go anywhere around the world and ask them about Texas. They make the cowboy hat motions and pretend they're riding a horse. Face it, we're well known and winning this state would be really big for Dr. Paul). Let's circle the wagons around Texas and get the message out. We're receptive to the message, and love an underdog. Most of the supporters I've met here found out about him from signs. They looked him up. Just the fact that they've never heard of him intrigues them enough to look him up. If that's not a populace begging for change, I don't know what is. Give everything you can to Texas. It could be to us what Ill. was to Lincoln.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Just say, "well, Bubba, we may not get our candidate in the top slot this time, but I betcha this'll get us a veep for at least four years, and that sure beats nuthin'. 'Sides, I bet he'll just throw his delegates to [insert Bubba's favorite candidate here] and put him over the top!"

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 03:14 PM
This has been the case in other counties, but Mccain magically brings people to vote for him.

I think the guy is right about the vacuum part. Most of us hang out with people of like minds and so our perception is usually skewed. I really hope Texas gives him a chance though.

Sarge
02-06-2008, 03:18 PM
It has been 28 years since we lived in TX, but would not the only one left running that is for gun rights still go big in Texas?

You might want to whittle the flyer down that compares the candidates just to the three running now. People would be more likely to read a smaller one and it would be cheaper to spread.

Use the prior Regan endorsement to our advantage on top of the flyer like they did in LA.

I hope he gets on TV there big time. Local TV is more likely to get his word out. Hit the ones where we might not be as strong to remind them what he has done for Texas.

Texas will be hard to canvas on foot.

Just some thoughts.

Good Luck

skiingff
02-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Ron Paul is not going to win in Texas. Best to focus on some small caucus state.

DeadtoSin
02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Ron Paul is not going to win in Texas. Best to focus on some small caucus state.

Get off this topic then please.

Sey.Naci
02-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Which candidate would Texans want the least, do you suppose?

I ask, because in addition to soliciting supporters who are FOR Ron Paul, you might also angle to get support from people who are AGAINST one candidate, more than being for anyone.

Of course, I'm hoping the answer to my question is John McCain; in other words., that there's an anti-McCain sentiment in Texas. If true, then it would be no lie at all to say that RP delegates would vote against him, right?

SteveMartin
02-06-2008, 03:25 PM
John McCain gets his voters from Diebold.

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 03:29 PM
It has been 28 years since we lived in TX, but would not the only one left running that is for gun rights still go big in Texas?

You might want to whittle the flyer down that compares the candidates just to the three running now. People would be more likely to read a smaller one and it would be cheaper to spread.

Use the prior Regan endorsement to our advantage on top of the flyer like they did in LA.

I hope he gets on TV there big time. Local TV is more likely to get his word out. Hit the ones where we might not be as strong to remind them what he has done for Texas.

Texas will be hard to canvas on foot.

Just some thoughts.

Good Luck

I doubt people know that Ron Paul is pro gun rights and if they do, they probably believe their canidate of choice is just as pro gun as well.

Michael Ingram
02-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Which candidate would Texans want the least, do you suppose?

I ask, because in addition to soliciting supporters who are FOR Ron Paul, you might also angle to get support from people who are AGAINST one candidate, more than being for anyone.

Of course, I'm hoping the answer to my question is John McCain; in other words., that there's an anti-McCain sentiment in Texas. If true, then it would be no lie at all to say that RP delegates would vote against him, right?

You mean trying to get Huckabee supporters to back Paul in Texas?

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 03:30 PM
I say Paul is for Texans and is for whoever the person you're canvassing is for, too. Thing is, we need to vote for Dr. Paul instead of voting for [their choice] because Dr. Paul will use this influence to 1) get a Texan in the VP slot and 2) change that candidate's mind about [their favorite issue].

Stooping to the MSM's level? I think not. They're using it to support neocons, we're using it to get a libertarian with clout into the convention. There is a fundamental difference there.

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 03:31 PM

Not to start a war, but I'm sure thats not the only place McCain gets votes. He has a simple approach that appeals to the simple masses. McDonalds sells the most hamburgers, but it doesn't mean they're any good.

jblosser
02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
McCain wins among seniors who don't see sign waves. We know this by now.

Huckabee wins among evangelicals by his back-door endorsements.

Romney is the one the party is pushing, to beat McCain.

DFW is going to wage a hell of a fight, I promise you, I just want to make sure people are paying attention to what the fight is going to be. It's going to be brutal here. "We have lots of signs" is not going to win here anymore than anywhere else.

Sey.Naci
02-06-2008, 03:34 PM
You mean trying to get Huckabee supporters to back Paul in Texas?No, my point is to find the people who are ANTI McCain and not particularly FOR anyone else. So, not Huck or Mitt or (obviously) McWar supporters.

We see all the time elections happening when people don't vote for a candidate but for the lesser of two evils, right?

acptulsa
GOOD 'OL BOY TEXANS WIN IN TEXAS AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

austin4paul
If you are out-of-state and can help in TX, please visit this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114145

mavtek
02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm in Texas right now, last weekend I canvassed and phoned people in my precinct roughly 140 people total I got results for.

I'd say realistically 5% are planning to vote for RP. The Problem with Texas is that you have democrats and Republicans all on 1 list, so it's almost every damn household. In Austin we are very strong, SA not bad, Victoria, strong. In Texas I'd say we'd easily get 10% of the vote, but we need to have 30% to win. That means we need to triple our support base. We need to go from 100,000 people to 300,000 people and we need to do it a few weeks. No amount of canvassing is going to get that done.

We need a very serious plan, and then we need to get on it immediately. I mean a shock the world plan. We will need every ardent supporter from every state to begin working immediately, tirelessly and insanely.

This task would be the hardest task you could ever accomplish. If we could pull it off it would be monumental.

Shinerxx
02-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Texas voters love texans. The Ron Paul campaign needs campaign televised commercials that are specially tailored to Texans. Many voters do not even know Ron Paul is a Texan and Texas congressman. Texans love feeling different or somehow set apart from the rest of the country and Ron Paul needs to fill that niche.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
mavtek, what would it take to pull off spreading the notion that a vote for Paul is a vote for a Texan pulling for Texas issues at the convention, throwing his support to the best candidate on Texas issues, and possibly getting a VP slot? It seems to me that any number of local newspapers from Paris to El Paso would consider this message neither too controversial to print nor a bad idea at all.

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm in Texas right now, last weekend I canvassed and phoned people in my precinct roughly 140 people total I got results for.

I'd say realistically 5% are planning to vote for RP. The Problem with Texas is that you have democrats and Republicans all on 1 list, so it's almost every damn household. In Austin we are very strong, SA not bad, Victoria, strong. In Texas I'd say we'd easily get 10% of the vote, but we need to have 30% to win. That means we need to triple our support base. We need to go from 100,000 people to 300,000 people and we need to do it a few weeks. No amount of canvassing is going to get that done.

We need a very serious plan, and then we need to get on it immediately. I mean a shock the world plan. We will need every ardent supporter from every state to begin working immediately, tirelessly and insanely.

This task would be the hardest task you could ever accomplish. If we could pull it off it would be monumental.

The problem is that in order to win some states we need a first placing showing somewhere. I believe if we can focus on winning 1 state, any state, it will have a domino effect. I think Washington and Oregon give us the best chance. We have seen that Ron Paul gets high percentages out here in the West and Washington and Oregon have many anti-war voters.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Texas voters love texans. The Ron Paul campaign needs campaign televised commercials that are specially tailored to Texans. Many voters do not even know Ron Paul is a Texan and Texas congressman. Texans love feeling different or somehow set apart from the rest of the country and Ron Paul needs to fill that niche.

THERE'S the point I've been making! Thank you--and send me a six of that full strength Bock, wouldya? At 3.2 it at least tastes like beer, but it sure ain't the same!

Sarge
02-06-2008, 03:43 PM
A flyer showing that he is the only pro gun choice candidate left would be where you educate them.

Go after the Texas gun clubs and dealers. Get their help to spread the flyer.

I seam to remember Texans like their weapons. That could get their attention.

I showed both our sons how to shoot while living there. They both wear their guns every day.

Doesn't every pickup have a gun rack in Texas? They did when I lived there.

the_bee
02-06-2008, 03:45 PM
come on... get off of it already. what's 140 delegates? i appreciate the optimism, but that isn't even enough to make us the kingmaker, let alone get us the nomination. any continued effort in the republican primary is a waste of time and resources.

wy the hell are you here then go home and leave us alone you are too -

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-06-2008, 03:45 PM

Or people.

Both are programmed by the same conglomerate.

I really hope Ron campaigns nonstop for the next month in Texas and maybe Ohio for a bit.
Look at what one day trips to MT, ND, MN, and ME did for us. He has an entire month to focus on the 230 delegates in TX and OH.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 03:47 PM
The problem is that in order to win some states we need a first placing showing somewhere. I believe if we can focus on winning 1 state, any state, it will have a domino effect. I think Washington and Oregon give us the best chance. We have seen that Ron Paul gets high percentages out here in the West and Washington and Oregon have many anti-war voters.

Sorry, friend, but there aren't enough states left to do the domino thing--and I don't think there are enough delegates available through straw poll. We're looking for enough delegates to keep the three stooges from wrapping it up and give our man kingmaker power in the convention. Realistic scenario, at this point...

We'll take all the freedom he can swing to us, though! How 'bout you? We're concentrating on Texas in this thread because it's his home state and has a huge chunk of delegates. Unfortunately, it's not happening right away.

mavtek
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
mavtek, what would it take to pull off spreading the notion that a vote for Paul is a vote for a Texan pulling for Texas issues at the convention, throwing his support to the best candidate on Texas issues, and possibly getting a VP slot? It seems to me that any number of local newspapers from Paris to El Paso would consider this message neither too controversial to print nor a bad idea at all.

People in Texas listen to the radio and watch TV. We have a PAC here.

http://www.topicpac.org

We need an incredible amount of Television and Radio ads of all flavor going now. We need people to get a general exposure to this idea and then we need to follow it up with canvassers, 1000's of canvassers. Phone banking all the while these ads promoting Ron Paul for Texas are going. I've been in contact with some local affiliates to blanket TV with ads in the DFW area. for 3 days of ads on 1 network it's $14,000. Multiply that number by 210 Texas affiliates, lets say go for half of that and make it an easy 100 affiliates, 21 days, that's $9.8mill.

That's why it's daunting.

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 03:50 PM
A flyer showing that he is the only pro gun choice candidate left would be where you educate them.

I seam to remember Texans like their weapons. That could get their attention.

I showed both our sons how to shoot while living there. They both wear their guns every day.

Doesn't every pickup have a gun rack in Texas? They did when I lived there.

I wish Dr. Paul would be more aggressive and simple about getting his stances out there in the debates. He is too smart for the average voter unfortunately and we need to define ourselves and our beliefs and contrast them against the other canidates' history on the topic.

He is too nice to McCain and never actually attaches his name to the 100 year statement. He just says a competitor or another canidate. We have to attach his name to this statement and repeat it again and again. A 100 years is the buzzword.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 03:51 PM
That's why it's daunting.

Yup. Hell of a lot of cities in that state. Of course, it's a hell of a lot of state. Any particularly popular blogsites? TexasMonthly have one?

AlbemarleNC0003
02-06-2008, 03:52 PM

We're doing that here in NC. It's been very receptive by both owners and customers. I've left fliers at some and had to bring more back.

Shinerxx
02-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I suggest Ron Paul wear a nice pair of boots everytime he is in Texas and be seen multiple times wearing a good cowboy hat. That'll score several 1000 votes alone.

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Sorry, friend, but there aren't enough states left to do the domino thing--and I don't think there are enough delegates available through straw poll. We're looking for enough delegates to keep the three stooges from wrapping it up and give our man kingmaker power in the convention. Realistic scenario, at this point...

We'll take all the freedom he can swing to us, though! How 'bout you? We're concentrating on Texas in this thread because it's his home state and has a huge chunk of delegates. Unfortunately, it's not happening right away.

I realize that aren't enough states, but my goal is the Presidency for Dr. Paul, not supporting a Republican party that has laughed at us and told us to "grow up".

Even a win the last state available will show that we an ability to take this to the next level with an Independent run. I view every primary and debate as free advertisement for our message.

If we begin to win 3-4 states, the message will be that American people are now discovering the views of Dr. Paul that the GOP has been trying to supress for quite some time.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 03:55 PM
The message we're looking at is simple at this point, and it's neither pro- or anti-war. We're after Give Ron Paul our delegates so we can have a Vice President! Maybe not as good as President but better than nuthin'!

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
The message we're looking at is simple at this point, and it's neither pro- or anti-war. We're after Give Ron Paul our delegates so we can have a Vice President! Maybe not as good as President but better than nuthin'!

I doubt McCain nor Ron Paul would agree to any kind of partnership.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 03:57 PM
I realize that aren't enough states, but my goal is the Presidency for Dr. Paul, not supporting a Republican party that has laughed at us and told us to "grow up".

Even a win the last state available will show that we an ability to take this to the next level with an Independent run. I view every primary and debate as free advertisement for our message.

If we begin to win 3-4 states, the message will be that American people are now discovering the views of Dr. Paul that the GOP has been trying to supress for quite some time.

Dr. Paul wants to go to the convention with as many delegates as possible. Even if all Washington's delegates were available in the straw poll they wouldn't hold a candle to Texas--and in Texas Ron's the good 'ol local boy. That is the point of this thread. We will definitely check the Washington threads later and see if y'all came up with something as good.

Sarge
02-06-2008, 03:58 PM
It isn't over gang, see what is going on.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2008/02/jersey_gop_primary_fight_may_b.html

How ever we need to get Texas, we need to do it.

The elite made this mess, and now they are going to get it stuck to them.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I doubt McCain nor Ron Paul would agree to any kind of partnership.

Who the hell said anything about McCain? We can't promise anything, we can just suggest that it could well work. We say he'll shop around and see who will agree to a more Texas-friendly platform. This is true--the most libertarian platform is just as good for Texas as any state, after all.

DeadtoSin
02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Hey guys, I'm up here in North east texas. We are going to be running 1/2 page ads in local papers. Is there ANY way you can suggest an ad for me to use? We need it pretty quick.

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Who the hell said anything about McCain? We can't promise anything, we can just suggest that it could well work. We say he'll shop around and see who will agree to a more Texas-friendly platform. This is true--the most libertarian platform is just as good for Texas as any state, after all.

Oh did you mean a vice president for Ron Paul or Dr. Paul running a VP for the Republicans?

I figured latter.

CelestialRender
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
TX is important; if a candidate loses their home state, they're generally a goner.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Oh did you mean a vice president for Ron Paul or Dr. Paul running a VP for the Republicans?

I figured latter.

If it furthers the cause, I'm game! I just want a selling point for Texans, and I figure giving them the notion to give Paul a shot at the VP slot will sell.

DeadtoSin
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm up here in North east texas. We are going to be running 1/2 page ads in local papers. Is there ANY way you can suggest an ad for me to use? We need it pretty quick.

I'm moving it to this page. I'm also going to keep posting this occasionally until someone helps me. I've been unable to find a good 1/2 page ad.

virginiakid
02-06-2008, 04:10 PM
I am perfectly willing to fly down to Texas for a couple days to help out. I just need a place to stay, thats all.

Sarge
02-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Did all read this?

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2008/02/jersey_gop_primary_fight_may_b.html

Need to read how NJ is turning into a circus and why we still have a shot. You need to know what is happening there and why we need Texas. No one commented, so I post it again so you will see the importance. This might not be the last state we will see this going on yet.

Texas is important.

haaaylee
02-06-2008, 04:25 PM
wouldn't the NAFTA highway be the obvious thing to bring up?

Alot of people in Texas might not even know about that. I live in Austin so i hear about the tolls, etc. all the time but going to smaller cities and talking to farm people, etc. could get some votes for sure.

haaaylee
02-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm moving it to this page. I'm also going to keep posting this occasionally until someone helps me. I've been unable to find a good 1/2 page ad.

What's north east Texas like?
What do they like/do there, etc.

EastWindRain
02-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Every Patriot and Ron Paul supporter should move to Austin, Texas. Start with getting one county. Then one state. Perhaps Texas should separate from America? We need to start somewhere? We need a voice. We need a TV station to wake up America.

austin4paul
02-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Virginia kid -- and anyone else who wants to come to TX, please send me a PM with your phone number. I will hook you up with places to stay here in Austin.

Enzo
02-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Every Patriot and Ron Paul supporter should move to Austin, Texas. Start with getting one county. Then one state. Perhaps Texas should separate from America? We need to start somewhere? We need a voice. We need a TV station to wake up America.

http://texas.freecountries.org/

wealeat
02-06-2008, 07:53 PM
bump for Texans

hawks4ronpaul
02-06-2008, 08:05 PM

Does Ron Paul have a longhorn hood ornament on his car?

Can Ron Paul have a longhorn hood ornament on his next debate podium?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/