PDA

View Full Version : ***!!!Note to 3rd party/indepedent run posters!!!***

Cleaner44
02-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Note to anyone here that wants to suggest that Ron Paul needs to make a 3rd party run, go indepedent, runs as a Libertarian, drop out or any other bullshit.

Email your suggestion directly to Ron Paul and stop posting your negative bullshit here. Ron Paul will decide what he will do, not us, so please just stop.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I don't like your "negative bullshit" comment, but yes, we need to contact the campaign ASAP and ask that Ron run independent to keep this thing going!

Pauliana
02-06-2008, 11:24 AM
We do not need the anti-war vote split at this juncture. That's what the GOP is praying for.

IDefendThePlatform
02-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I've already emailed the campaign. And I don't post "negative B.S.". Just postive, constructive threads regarding what strategy we should take to try to help this movement grow.

rich34
02-06-2008, 11:26 AM
We do not need the anti-war vote split at this juncture. That's what the GOP is praying for.

Paul is the ONLY anti war candidate so who's he going to split it with?

MrZach
02-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Email your suggestion directly to Ron Paul and stop posting your negative bullshit here. Ron Paul will decide what he will do, not us, so please just stop.

How does one email Ron Paul?

RageAgainstDC
02-06-2008, 11:30 AM
how is suggesting that we continue the campaign through more viable means is "negative bullshit"?

IDefendThePlatform
02-06-2008, 11:41 AM
How does one email Ron Paul?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/form

please use this link to let the campaign know you want Dr. P to carry on Independent. Emails and whatnot from supporters is what convinced him to run originally.

Cleaner44
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
how is suggesting that we continue the campaign through more viable means is "negative bullshit"?

Look who you are suggesting to. I don't think anyone here has the ability to move Ron Paul from one party to another.

I plan on supporting Ron Paul till the end. If he wants to change parties or whatever he will let us know.

ronpaulitician
02-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Paul represents us, not the other way around.

It's up to us to determine what the best strategy is to promote freedom and liberate ourselves from oppression. I think it's much better to discuss the options available to us at this point (such as "brokered convention," "independent run," "third party run," and "drop out and focus on Congress") here, than for each of us to tell Paul what we think he should do through individual e-mails.

CaliforniaAndre
02-06-2008, 11:47 AM
No suggesting Cleaner44.... Just bouncing ideas off each other like a forum is designed to do.

I have a way better idea... how about you just avoid the threads that bother you... Like flies, or spiders

ronpaulitician
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't think anyone here has the ability to move Ron Paul from one party to another.
Hasn't Ron Paul implied that he might run independent/third party if his supporters press him?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Hasn't Ron Paul implied that he might run independent/third party if his supporters press him?

Yes! It was the supporters who got him into the GOP primary to begin with.

OReich
02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Paul represents us, not the other way around.

It's up to us to determine what the best strategy is to promote freedom and liberate ourselves from oppression. I think it's much better to discuss the options available to us at this point (such as "brokered convention," "independent run," "third party run," and "drop out and focus on Congress") here, than for each of us to tell Paul what we think he should do through individual e-mails.

Absolutely

colecrowe
02-06-2008, 01:10 PM
actually, if you are hopeful about getting ron paul into the whitehouse (that is you don't only care about "changing the GOP", whitehouse be damned), then check out my sig...

The only way to utilize the extremely powerful precinct captain system is to go iNDY. Then we can work in all 50 states instead of only the half that are left. And we can get real support (from outside the GOP). And we will have 8 months to do it.

Stop with the indy crap. If Paul decides to do that I will back him, but he has very good reason not to. First of all you will still get the "I am not going to wast my vote" bull crap from a ton of people who think an independent will never be able to win anyway. Second, a brokered convention may still be a possibility and our best shot. If that fails then we can think about independent. But until one of those things happens please give this crap a rest. Please!

1. A brokered convention is not going to happen.

2. Canvassing is done for in half the states as of now, unless he goes iNDY. If he goes iNDY, on the other hand, we would have 8 months to canvass and get 200,000 plus precinct captains.

3. ...:

my dad said he'd donate another 500 to Paul (IF he announces 3rd party) (he donated 200 on Dec. 16th--but that was when it seemed like he REALLY could maybe, possibly win the Nom. I would donate 500 the day he declares (even though it will hurt financially), whereas I can't afford to give anymore (I gave just over a 1,100 in Q4 to the cause--so shut up) for his Republican run; and gramps would probably wager another 1776.00

The 2nd and 3rd tier, broader-base of supporters aren't (many or most of them) going to donate MORE--if they already have once--because TO THEM it is obvious or at least nearly certain that he's not going to get the Nom from the Republican party (I'm not saying I believe that--but they DO). However, they would be very willing and enthusiastic about supporting him in an iNDEPENDENT run.

speciallyblend
02-06-2008, 01:20 PM
either way the republican party is done if they dont nominate ron paul,life goes on

Join The Paul Side
02-06-2008, 01:47 PM
I think the only negative bullshit I see around here are the posters that whine and say that Ron won't run 3rd party or Independent. The ones that do want him to do so is because they are not quitters and want to continue the fight after the RNC.

It's the people that complain he won't that want to throw the towel in and surrender to Juan McAmnesty. These people shame this board and I don't know why they are still here. Go support the neocons and leave this board to the people that truly care. :mad:

mtmedlin
02-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Even better idea, how about you not tell me what to do, and I wont call you a complete douche for being a authoritarian. :)

Its a forum, you can choose to not click on those threads....its real easy.

Cleaner44
02-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Even better idea, how about you not tell me what to do, and I wont call you a complete douche for being a authoritarian. :)

Its a forum, you can choose to not click on those threads....its real easy.

I won't call you a complete idiot for failing to notice that I asked posters to PLEASE stop. I made no demands.

Maybe I should be more clear. My suggestion is that we keep working in the direction that Ron Paul is taking. People here can bitch that Ron Paul needs to drop the Republican run but that won't change a thing. Until Ron Paul changes his direction, it is my suggestion that we continue to support his path.

Cleaner44
02-06-2008, 03:15 PM
I think the only negative bullshit I see around here are the posters that whine and say that Ron won't run 3rd party or Independent. The ones that do want him to do so is because they are not quitters and want to continue the fight after the RNC.

It's the people that complain he won't that want to throw the towel in and surrender to Juan McAmnesty. These people shame this board and I don't know why they are still here. Go support the neocons and leave this board to the people that truly care. :mad:

I don't think anyone here knows if Ron Paul will go 3rd party. I plan on supporting Ron Paul regardless of party. He will get my vote even if he drops out completely.