PDA

View Full Version : My baby came five weeks early!

paul_v
02-06-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm a proud dad! Sophia Lauren came last Saturday morning but 5 weeks premature.

Why I am posting is because I signed up to be precinct leader last Wednesday! Now I don't think I will have the time or the energy to do it. Can anyone offer advice on what to do?

You can see my baby on my youtube channel http://youtube.com/user/paulv1973 . I'm currently uploading a new video which should be up in an hour or so.

DealzOnWheelz
02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Well since you are in Texas and the weather must be warm I'd say Canvass with your baby in one of those front pouch carriers

This will get you 100 fold better response from people especially the older SUPERVOTERS

Who can resist a newborn baby they will bring you in and let you sit down

Then it can reaffirm that you are doing this for your children

I say MILK IT TO THE BONE

coyote_sprit
02-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Well since you are in Texas and the weather must be warm I'd say Canvass with your baby in one of those front pouch carriers

This will get you 100 fold better response from people especially the older SUPERVOTERS

Who can resist a newborn baby they will bring you in and let you sit down

Then it can reaffirm that you are doing this for your children

I say MILK IT TO THE BONE

I think the baby is too young to be out a lot yet.

mosquitobite
02-06-2008, 12:02 PM

Especially being premature.

allyinoh
02-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Congrats!! What a beautiful name!

And yes, I believe she is WAYYYYYY to young to go canvassing!! =)

golf247
02-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Congrats! My son was born 10 weeks premature, so I know what you're going through. I agree that you won't have the time or energy to go out canvassing. :)

tommyzDad
02-06-2008, 12:28 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/5020/itsagirlyc3.jpg]

raiha
02-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Congratulations to you all...

I hope she was not prem because your wife had to endure John MCCain's ugly face one time too many. Distress has been known to....

Alura618
02-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Congrats!! Best wishes to you, baby and Mommy.

Both of my girls were 5 weeks early...and they are 10 years apart. One is about to turn 12 on the 8th and the other will be 2 at the end of March. :)

Might I suggest Kangaroo care time with your little one. It actually does a world of wonders for them.

Lou337
02-06-2008, 12:50 PM
How beautiful! :) Great name too!

Very glad to hear about your blessing. I would also say that canvassing with her
at this stage might not be in her best interests. If she is healthy and good and strong
then it shouldn't be a problem, however you should wait just a little bit. Keep her safe, that's the future! :) Congrats!

Agora
02-06-2008, 12:55 PM
lots of love, peace, prosperity and liberty!!! :)

banjojambo9
02-06-2008, 01:14 PM
My twins were 4 months early 5 weeks is really nothing to worry about

paul_v
02-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks all!

Wow your baby was 4 months early? That must have been gut wrenching!

So should I revoke my precinct leader status?

Dustancostine
02-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Congratulations.

Instead of revoking your precinct leader status, why don't you recruit an assistant who can help you until you figure out how much you will be able to contribute. In the mean time you can train them just in case you have to give up the position. In this case someone will be ready to take over immediately if you cannot fulfill the job.

--Dustan

constituent
02-08-2008, 09:07 AM

naaah, only the first couple days when they have trouble regulating their temp.

my daughter was just between 4 and 5 weeks early.... in texas.

we were out and about everywhere, she loved it (when she wasn't snoozing).

my wife was actually giving birth during her baby shower.

congratulations!!!!!!!

mtmedlin
02-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Congrats,
and girls are the best...I know I got 2 :)

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Blessings on you and your family! She comes first right now.

Roxi
02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

banjojambo9
02-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks all!

Wow your baby was 4 months early? That must have been gut wrenching!

So should I revoke my precinct leader status?

I ended up with a case of ptsd

SweetMona
02-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Aw Sweet!

Congratulations and we welcome your new family member to our Ron Paul Revolution team!

I agree with other members that your baby stays home. Here's my suggestion on what you can do to help us.

1). Be active on internet instead of going out canvasing...
2). Go to www.johnmccain.com (http://www.johnmccain.com), www.mikehuckabee (http://www.mikehuckabee) and become their account users.
3). Talk with those McCain and Huckabee supporters (I suggest you to be soft with Huckabees because they would kick you out if you say RP words, play devil advocate's the best bet)
4). When I go on their websites, I noticed there are many undecided voters. Yes MANY!
5). Ask them to email or call you if they have any question about RP, that might help to convince them on why he's the one and only.

6). This is optional but additional works, call local doctors offices, businesses, farms, schools and ask them if they have heard of Ron Paul. Give them a website info, something like that... That would get the ripple of effect going and going...

What do you think?

Give your lil girl smoochies and hugs from us! :)

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm a proud dad! Sophia Lauren came last Saturday morning but 5 weeks premature.

Why I am posting is because I signed up to be precinct leader last Wednesday! Now I don't think I will have the time or the energy to do it. Can anyone offer advice on what to do?

You can see my baby on my youtube channel http://youtube.com/user/paulv1973 . I'm currently uploading a new video which should be up in an hour or so.

Do what you can but take care of you and yours first.

And congratulations!

smtwngrl
02-13-2008, 10:10 AM
If you feel you can do at least part of it, I'd suggest you get help. See if there's anyone else in your meetup group who could help. There may be people who haven't signed up because they don't have time to do a whole precinct, but who may be willing to help someone else. Or there may be someone who's already a precinct leader, and who's really gung ho.

Another possibility is to call the Ron Paul HQ Office close to you, if there is one. Here, when it got close to the caucus date, I actually got a call from the Office here, asking if they could help me with anything. I wouldn't recommend waiting for that, though.

Also, perhaps even someone who's not local could help with the phone calling (using the script). There are many of us in states that have already had primaries/caucuses. I'm sure there are those who would be willing to help. (I might even be able to help. ;) But I'm not saying anything yet, because in the next few days, we need to decide if we are moving. And if we are, it would probably not be possible).