PDA

View Full Version : Rachel (LadyJade) to work for Dr. Paul! Congrats

DeadheadForPaul
08-08-2007, 08:00 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7ENRjq2OAxQ

She is working for his congressional office so she has to watch what she says about the Presidential campaign but can still vblog about it. Congrats to her

ThePieSwindler
08-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Um doesn't that actually kind of undermine the presidential campaign then? She is a very good voice for Ron, so we want her promoting his presidential campaign. If she is now limited in doing that.. isn't it a bad thing?

DeadheadForPaul
08-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Um doesn't that actually kind of undermine the presidential campaign then? She is a very good voice for Ron, so we want her promoting his presidential campaign. If she is now limited in doing that.. isn't it a bad thing?

She can still do it, but she just has to be careful

spacebetween
08-08-2007, 08:04 PM
WOW! :eek:

Congratulations!!! That's so cool... gosh.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-08-2007, 08:06 PM
What is she doing for him?

foofighter20x
I wish I could too... :(

Stupid military regs. :mad:

ShaneC
whoohoooo!!!!

Congrats Rachel!

ShaneC

Congressional Press Secretary.

DeadheadForPaul
08-08-2007, 08:07 PM

Press secretary

There was a vacancy so the campaign contacted her and she went up to Washington for an interview. The rest is gravy

stevedasbach
08-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Rachel can campaign her heart out for Ron Paul. However, whatever she does is considered part of the official campaign and must comply with FEC rules. She can continue to make videos, but whatever costs there are have to be paid by the campaign and declared as expenditures.

Mainly, she has to be careful not to visit a forum like this and tell us what the campaign wants us to do. That could be considered coordination, and could create FEC headaches for the campaign.

Shink
08-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Man...people can really polish their resumes if they're hardcore and visible enough with this campaign.

im_a_pepper
08-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I just realized LadyJade is the same lady I saw on crossfire in 2002 awhile back for posing in a Ladies of Libertarian calendar! lol thats great. Grats Rachel!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mWaUuMbX8HE

inibo
08-08-2007, 09:20 PM
If someone else has already posted this feel free to delete or merge.

Otherwise WOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ENRjq2OAxQ

disinter
08-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Duplicate.

jd603
08-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Smart move by the campaign. Good to see they are THINKING.

brumans
08-08-2007, 09:35 PM
REPOST. Search before you post. It's people like you that are slowly destroying American day-by-day.

MadEmperor
08-08-2007, 09:39 PM
REPOST. Search before you post. It's people like you that are slowly destroying American day-by-day.

wow, that was uncalled for. I haven't seen it yet :o

Highmesa
08-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Congrats Rachel! Enjoy working in the belly of the beast.

FYI, in my limited lobbying experience, Longworth has the best cafeteria.

ladyjade3
08-08-2007, 10:21 PM

FYI, in my limited lobbying experience, Longworth has the best cafeteria.

Stragely, when you're moving there in a week, that becomes a question in your mind... lol Thanks!!!!

0zzy
08-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Stragely, when you're moving there in a week, that becomes a question in your mind... lol Thanks!!!!

You're super duper! Hope you have a great time :). By the way, what's your day-to-day duties like?

ladyjade3
08-08-2007, 10:35 PM
You're super duper! Hope you have a great time :). By the way, what's your day-to-day duties like?

All I know is 9am to 6pm which is surprisingly unbrutal. Tho as a real estate agent I frequently get to sleep till 11am on days when I have no showings or appts until later. I've worked from home for almost 3 years now. Now I have to get UP every day, get DRESSED every day, fight TRAFFIC every DAY! Working for LIBERTY is SO HARD!!!! ;)

Seriously, I will have to adjust back to the normal working routine, but I am SO excited about it. Have just no idea what it will be like working for Dr Paul every day, but I will report back whatever I reasonably can.

Because if I was you, I'd wanna know.

Highmesa
08-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Seriously, I will have to adjust back to the normal working routine, but I am SO excited about it. Have just no idea what it will be like working for Dr Paul every day, but I will report back whatever I reasonably can.

Well, at least you know you won't have to deal with lobbyists. :)

ChooseLiberty
08-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Congratulations! You've really done a good job promoting Dr. Paul.

torchbearer
08-08-2007, 11:09 PM
All I know is 9am to 6pm which is surprisingly unbrutal. Tho as a real estate agent I frequently get to sleep till 11am on days when I have no showings or appts until later. I've worked from home for almost 3 years now. Now I have to get UP every day, get DRESSED every day, fight TRAFFIC every DAY! Working for LIBERTY is SO HARD!!!! ;)

You are living my dream and I want to know every lil' detail about it!!!! Keep a journal! I want to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Geez, I'm so jealous! :)

Bradley in DC
08-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Rachel can campaign her heart out for Ron Paul. However, whatever she does is considered part of the official campaign and must comply with FEC rules. She can continue to make videos, but whatever costs there are have to be paid by the campaign and declared as expenditures.

Mainly, she has to be careful not to visit a forum like this and tell us what the campaign wants us to do. That could be considered coordination, and could create FEC headaches for the campaign.

She will be working in the Congressional office, not for the campaign.

michaelwise
08-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Way to go Rachel. I remember seeing you on TV a while back, but I never made the connection. Your performance with Tucker and Carvil was outstanding. Now I know why Ron Paul choose you. You represent the best that Americans can be. Give em hell on the hill. Are you married? Do you have a sister?

Hook
08-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Two sisters? :)

torchbearer
08-09-2007, 12:22 AM
How about some cousins?

JosephTheLibertarian
08-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Congressional Press Secretary.

So she is moving to Texas?

Locke_rpr
08-09-2007, 12:24 AM

I don't think she'll have a problem there. She's been on O'Reilly. If Washington is it's belly... that's gotta be it's jock strap or something. Much more disgusting.

Matt Collins
08-09-2007, 12:36 AM

Mainly, she has to be careful not to visit a forum like this and tell us what the campaign wants us to do. That could be considered coordination, and could create FEC headaches for the campaign.Ahh yes, got to love federal regulations, eh? :rolleyes:

Syren123
08-09-2007, 12:36 AM
WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

OMG!!! THAT"S FANTASTIC!

Rachel, YOU ARE THE GIRL!!! Funny thing about being psychic...didn't I just say in a post two days ago that you would be the press secretary?! And I don't even know you. But...you are obviously the best possible person for the job.

Best of luck to you, Rachel. We expect GREAT THINGS FROM YOU. And may there be many Manolo Blahniks in your future. I'll be watching for them.

That's our girl.

Syren123
08-09-2007, 12:40 AM

You are so right about all that.

I have spoken with people in Dr Paul's DC office on the phone lots and lots over time...and one of the staffers told me once "he's definitely the best boss I've ever had." Like we didn't know that.

They're gonna love you. Keep us posted.

Mom4Ron
08-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Great decision, Ron!

Congratulations, Rachel! :)

CurtisLow
08-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Congrats Rachel!

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7886/ronpaulracedeesmf3.jpg

Mani
08-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Congrats! That's great news!

But pleaaase do keep us posted!

AcidReign
08-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Congratulations, you're going to do a great job. Your youtube videos were always perfect.