PDA

View Full Version : It Appears That The Frozen North Is Most Hospitable To Our Cause!

pennycat
02-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Alaska 17% Minnesota 16% Montana 25% North Dakota 21% Maine 19%

Is it the climate or is it something else. If you have any ideas on this or anecdotal evidence, I'd really be interested.

Second question. I live in Florida. Could I survive up there?

KewlRonduderules
02-06-2008, 10:58 AM
it's because they get their news from Canada.

Elle
02-06-2008, 11:05 AM
it's because they get their news from Canada.

this is true.

MsDoodahs
02-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I'm concerned about the climate up there, but liking that they are more freedom minded.

I'm freezing when its 30 outside. I think up there it gets MINUS 30 a lot of the winter, doesn't it?

allyinoh
02-06-2008, 11:08 AM
You know what I've always wondered, since Alaska is really off of Canada, do Alaskans feel more part of Canada or still part of the US? I mean obviously they are but I don't know, is that a stupid question? lol

I have always wondered this but have never met anyone from Alaska.

ike
02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Those states are all pretty independent minded. They like to be left alone. The closest thing to a frontier remaining in the United States is in Alaska, Wyoming, Montana and North Dakota.

Rob
02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
You know what I've always wondered, since Alaska is really off of Canada, do Alaskans feel more part of Canada or still part of the US? I mean obviously they are but I don't know, is that a stupid question? lol

I have always wondered this but have never met anyone from Alaska.

Alaskans feel like they are responsible only to themselves, hence why Ron Paul did very well there.

Perry
02-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Alaskans don't get their news from Canada and we don't see ourselves as Canadians via proxy. We see ourselves as just as much Americans has anyone else and have a higher veteran ratio than just about any other state.
Alaskans are more connected via the web because we are more isolated.
Alaskans are also free & independent thinkers(At least 16% of us). Many people move here simply to get away from the rest of the lower 48.

pennycat
02-06-2008, 11:18 AM
What kind of campaigning was done up there?

scandinaviany3
02-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Alaska 17% Minnesota 16% Montana 25% North Dakota 21% Maine 19%

Is it the climate or is it something else. If you have any ideas on this or anecdotal evidence, I'd really be interested.

Second question. I live in Florida. Could I survive up there?

People up there read, learn, think, are independent and not media controlled

Maybe a new nation from washington and oregon out to Minnesotta could be brought together some day in the future...

There is the lakota thing going on why not more stuff.

nomis
02-06-2008, 11:19 AM
My company moved me to the frozen tundra, from a major metropolitan area. You move to a state with cold winters and fewer people you start to understand what is important and what is not. There are so few people here, I sometimes feel like an outsider looking in. For this reason I see what is really going on with some of the crazy policies that have burdened our country.

Summary, I guess I have more time to study the views of each candidate and I'm not intrinched with the rat race of a larger city....Ie, traffic, materialistic, competing with the Jones's, crime, below average schools, etc.... <----i did it for 15 years!

allyinoh
02-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Alaskans don't get their news from Canada and we don't see ourselves as Canadians via proxy. We see ourselves as just as much Americans has anyone else and have a higher veteran ratio than just about any other state.
Alaskans are more connected via the web because we are more isolated.
Alaskans are also free & independent thinkers(At least 16% of us). Many people move here simply to get away from the rest of the lower 48.

Thank you Perry. That makes sense. I never intended to say you weren't Americans, but I just never knew how you guys felt up there.

Thanks again for clearing that up! =)

mysticgeek
02-06-2008, 11:26 AM
We are independent thinkers up here! I am from MN and I am now a delegate to our County Convention! Last night I watched as a 90 year old man stood up for Dr. Paul! It was inspiring!