PDA

View Full Version : What is the REAL delegate count? ****

greendiseaser
02-06-2008, 10:12 AM
We were told we came in "Third" in Maine following the "straw poll" vote.
The reality is we probably have nearly 50% of the state delegates so far ... which puts us in fine shape for national delegates when we get to that stage of the game.

Yet the media told us "18 delegates for Romeny", even though those 18 delegates weren't even chosen yet.

So, WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THESE 25 STATES?

Can we get the ground troops to collect this information and break it down?

The Winner Take All states should be easy to discount in full (right?) ... after those are removed, what is left, and where do we REALLY stand with regards to delegates !??!

I actualy think we are better off than most of you realize ... though admittedly, probably not where we need to be to go in to this convention with a strong chance.

But nevertheless, can we at least get the correct information up on the boards for people to understand?

If you have been hanging out in YOUR Super Tuesday State Thread, and you know of a delegate analysis post in that subforum ... link it up here!

:D

THANKS ALL

KEEP FIGHTING HARD.
THIS THING IS JUST THE BEGNNING
WE ARE "WINNING"
JOIN THE REPUBLICAN LIBERTY CAUCAUS (see sticky at top of page!)
RON PAUL REPUBLICANS FOR CONGRESS, BABY!

Avalon
02-06-2008, 10:38 AM
I don't know much about Maine, but I don't think you've made a case for winning any RNC delegates yet. If Romney can get a simple majority (via any means) to vote for his slate, won't he take all 18? On the other hand, if we can get a simple majority (via any means) we will (certainly) take all 18. Only if the voting is disorganized (either they don't vote in unison, or they think they're voting for a comrade who isn't) will the delegates be split, correct? If so, we need to have all our delegates show up, we need to try our best to convert as many of the others as possible, and we need to pray Romney isn't as organized as we are.

How likely this is I'll defer to the supporters on the ground in Maine. But please post the status in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113352 or PM me.

greendiseaser
02-06-2008, 10:54 AM
can we all stop babbling about BS, and start trying to look at things that MATTER?

WHAT IS THE DELEGATE SITUATION, PEOPLE !!??!!

Elijah
02-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Crosslinking a thread of interest - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113842

HippyChimp
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
bump, I'm wondering where we're at too...

manny
02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
bump

I too would like to see a break down of who has how many delegates (though I know that some are not necessarily committed until later dates etc. - the rules are so complicated).

I wonder how the other campaigns will react to super tues? Will McCain coast and Romney and Huck sulk? Whatever we must keep pushing, still half the USA to go.

Now it becomes two-pronged.

one - fight in the states with up-coming primaries - Romney has spent unlimited money and cannot beat McCain and neither can Huck. Ron must now become the beacon for conservatives to rebel against McAmnesty. We must push gun clubs, home-schoolers and anti-illegal groups to really pitch in for Ron etc
two - push the message generally. Now we can worry about explaining ron's ideas on monetary policy and international relations more in the states that have already voted, try to get the poll numbers swinging for Ron

slamhead
02-06-2008, 11:37 AM
But it does not matter if we do not show a majority in 5 states right? The point is mute if RP does not have this simple criteria met he will not be able to participate in a brokered convention.

Ayse
02-06-2008, 11:46 AM

Posted February 6th, 2008 by bedr1

I am an official coordinator for the campaign here is the delegate process with a brief explanation of what a delegate is at the begining.

Everyone - when a candidate wins delegates by winning a primary that does not mean there are actual people won acting as delegates- these are virtual delegates.

What do I mean by virtual delegates: A virtual delegate is just a number - there are no actual people YET that will go and vote for the candidate who won the particular state at the national convention. We call these people convention delegates

The actual delegates are voted on (in most states) at a statewide delegate caucus after the Primary (which is just a giant preference poll) Who can be delegates? Anyone. In closed Primary states they must be registered Republicans, in Open Primary states they can be Republicans, Democrats, Independents.

In our Missouri county we had about 25,000 vote on the Republican side last night in the Primary but in the last delegate caucus 4 years ago there were less than 150 people that showed up to become delegates. DO YOU GET IT

Normally Convention Delegates do not matter because the convention is not brokered and we have a clear winner. BUT THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT. Do you see how the ronpaul campaign strategy will work.

Most people have no idea how this works, not even the media.

It is not advertised much, maybe just a single newspaper ad.

to learn how to become a convention delegate contact your local Ron Paul coordinator. (NOT YOUR MEETUP ORGANIZOR)

STEP1. Contact your OFFICIAL Ron Paul Coordinator for your state. go to www.ronpaul2008.com

STEP2 Your State Coordinator will tell you when and where your
county caucus is to become a delegate or where to vote for a Ron Paul Delegate and who to contact prior to the county caucus.

STEP3 At the caucus you will vote for or run for a delegate position
to your STATE Republican Convention. Some state have District Caucuses between the county caucus and the State Convention.
The object is to get more Ron Paul supporters from every county to the district Caucus or State Convention.

STEP5 Attend the state convention as a delegate to choose
NATIONAL delegates to the Republican National Convention in Minnesota. These will be the delegates that are bound to vote for whoever won your state ON THE FIRST VOTE.

STEP6 The NATIONAL delegates elected at your state convention will vote in Minnesota for the Republican Nominee. If after the first vote no candidate gets 51% of the vote, then the National Delegates from your state are free to vote for whoever they want.
These will be Ron Paul supporters because you showed up to vote for them to become delegates or you are a delegate.

I hope this helps

manny
02-06-2008, 11:47 AM
But it does not matter if we do not show a majority in 5 states right? The point is mute if RP does not have this simple criteria met he will not be able to participate in a brokered convention.

Still plenty of states to go...

especially if the other candidates' supporters lose focus, think it's finished etc. while we keep pushing.

As things get worse in foreign policy and economics the choice of McCain will look absurd to many.

Lots of people voted for Mitt out of anti-McCain anger we now have a few months to get the message across that Romney is as much a RINO as McCain - we need those guys to vote for Ron.

jmbrewr
02-17-2008, 01:44 AM
after watching this whole election so far this is my take on what is happening:
Every poll early in this election placed Ron Paul in 1st place with around 78% of the vote. Then we seen RP get low vote counts at the caucuses. I don't think that the republicans committee is releasing the true results and I think that their votes are being based on polls rather than the actual votes. I can't see how a candidate like Ron Paul with 78% of the total population vowing to vote for Ron Paul, winning every debate hands down can possibly be losing as bad as they are claiming. it's a statistical improbability. You have all seen the rallies for Paul, he has a HUGE following and yet they are still claiming that a war-monger is the front-runner. Think about that a minute!!! Rudy Guiliani was getting no votes because he was a war-monger and now McCain is using the same platform and all of a sudden he's in the lead? We all know Huckabee is weak. Their trying to get him to drop out to hopefully get mccain the nomination before the convention. Ron Paul is being attacked a lot more on the net. If he is not a major contender then why are they trying harder to shut him out? Just some food for thought!!

Shaun
02-17-2008, 03:37 AM
BABBLE, BABBLE...YAK, YAK, YAK....

Now, nice simple question....DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY KNOW HOW MANY DELEGATES RP HAS?
Yes or no?