PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Needs to go Third Party NOW.

Computer
02-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Realistically, we're toast in the Republican party at this point. A Third party run would keep the message alive longer and would upgrade his chances from essentially zero to longshot.

McCain v. Hillary/Obama leaves conservatives with NO ONE to vote for. Limbaugh and Coulter are talking about supporting the dem nominee. A real conservative third party option would be the best strategy for our cause at this point.

Computer
02-06-2008, 09:49 AM
And Paul should make it clear that we're still a Republican movement.

They would need a slogan along the lines of --- Ron Paul 2008 -- A Real Conservative Choice!

It's going to be Hillary v. McCain people! Conervatives are going to vote for HILLARY because they hate McCain and figure Hillary will ruin the country and her party.

There will be no brokered convention. McCain is kicking ass.

Paul needs to go third party, TODAY, to keep the message alive. I'm sure the Libertarian people are making this option to him.

budafied
02-06-2008, 10:00 AM
i agree.

whether its the fault of the msm, or the fact that most americans are stupid, ron paul has no chance whatsoever of winning the GOP nomination. Anybody who says otherwise is blind. I talked to various people yesterday who said they thought he dropped out. people do not even know he exists right now, a third party run is the best chance he'll get...

jp5065
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Too late, from what I understand, most states wont let you seek the nomination of two parties

He could still go indy but would have a hard time getting on every ballot.

ambiguousscion
02-06-2008, 11:51 AM
do you hear that sound... pfffffffatttttataatataattatta... your brain process.:rolleyes:
Ron said he would not do it so focus... the revolution continues.

Esor
02-06-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't want Paul to run Indy or third party. I don't want him to be considered the Ralph Nader of the Republican Party. If Paul runs third party and the Dem nominee wins, the conservative block will hate him and be even more close-minded to his message.

colin1
02-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Realistically, we're toast in the Republican party at this point. A Third party run would keep the message alive longer and would upgrade his chances from essentially zero to longshot.

McCain v. Hillary/Obama leaves conservatives with NO ONE to vote for. Limbaugh and Coulter are talking about supporting the dem nominee. A real conservative third party option would be the best strategy for our cause at this point.

What is this obsession with a third party run? It has a zero chance of success. We could use those millions that would be wasted on more productive things like continuing the grassroots movement. You think RP is being ignored now? Wait until a quixotic third party run. I remember when he ran as a libertarian in 88 and received about zero coverage. It's a colossal waste of time and I wish people would really think about what it would accomplish: nothing.

amberj
02-06-2008, 12:06 PM
I think 3rd party is the worst idea possible. Unless he had a much larger following and his goal was to cause the Republicans to lose. I think they will lose just fine on their own. Plus people are forgetting that he is still running for re-election in the congressional race AS A REPUBLICAN.
This is my opinion- the only way a third party run would be viable is if the republican party was in unrepairable shambles and a 3rd party could emerge as the new 2nd major party. We aren't there yet. It would be easier at this point for us to try to take back the Republican party from the bottom up. It's not over until Ron Paul wins the nomination, someone else wins the nomination, or he backs out of the race. Until then, keep your head high and keep fighting. The next step is to start campaigning for people in your local elections. If we all start now, we'll have a good head start on the rest and will have a better chance of getting Ron Paul Republicans elected.
Also, we need to look on the bright side. If the economy falls apart on the Democrats' watch, they'll get blamed for the mess. If the Republicans win the election, same thing will happen and then we'll be that much closer to viability for a 3rd party. I would hate for Ron Paul to overcome all of these odds and win and then get blamed for an economy or any other problems that aren't his doing and then the whole movement loses credibility. We all know that, regardless of who is really to blame, the party that controls the White House is held accountable for whatever happens, good or bad.

spudea
02-06-2008, 12:12 PM
no... despite what you hear on the news (why you still listen to them?) we have a large slate of ron paul supporters that have infiltrated the delegate system. And when they go to the convention, and it is brokered, they can switch their vote to Ron Paul and win.

Ron Paul has said we are going all the way to the brokered republican convention. We need to rally behind him!

thekeeper
02-06-2008, 12:17 PM
I will support Dr. Paul in whatever decision he makes.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Too late, from what I understand, most states wont let you seek the nomination of two parties

He could still go indy but would have a hard time getting on every ballot.

No, only four states have "sore loser" laws like this. There may also be legal grounds for challenging these laws, or even using loopholes. It's quite possible if RP is an independent in some states rather than a third party, he might slip by.

I think Perot and Nader used a combination of multiple third parties/independent tickets to make ballot access in nearly all states. If we play our cards right, it seems reasonable we would have the Libertarian, Constitution, and Reform (remnants) parties behind us.

KevinDW78
02-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Ok, so Ron Paul has said he would not go 3rd party - what about his son? Could Rand become the Ron Paul legacy?

Detonator
02-06-2008, 02:21 PM
If he doesn't get the nod from the GOP do you want him to simply pack it up and go home? Odds are very slim that he will get that nod.

During the very last debate his closing statement should be that he is running third party. This way he still gets the face time; because lets face it, third party candidates get no attention.

I don't want him to stop until everything is done.

Detonator
02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
If we play our cards right, it seems reasonable we would have the Libertarian, Constitution, and Reform (remnants) parties behind us.

http://www.jk-forum.com/images/smilies/werdsign.gif

SML
02-06-2008, 02:29 PM
do you hear that sound... pfffffffatttttataatataattatta... your brain process.:rolleyes:
Ron said he would not do it so focus... the revolution continues.

I'm amazed you can hear anything with your head in the sand.