PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Can Win

For Paul In Arkansas
02-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Just a thought.

Hillary gets Democratic nod.

"Change" folks backing Obama come to our camp.

McCain gets the republican nod.

Conservative Repulblicans come to our camp.

Any thoughts?

Laja
02-06-2008, 09:37 AM
I don't agree with that. I think the CFR has plans to run Hillary against McCain, but they're willing to make it look like a big fight by having Hil and Ob entertain the masses with their squabbling. Obama is enough of a CFR shill that they'll be okay with his Presidency, also.

Our chance lies completely in the hands of the people. If we keep bumping up troll's negativity on this forum, then we will start to lose momentum. There are many states left and we should all help out in each and every one of them AND continue to fund Ron Paul's campaign.

New Governor Of Alaska
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Any thoughts?

Sounds like a good plan actually. I think we need to start working with those camps....

Redcard
02-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Obama and Hillary fans are more likely to interchange. And you forget about what they're calling the "Dream Ticket" ,which would be an Obama/Clinton run.

zach
02-06-2008, 11:49 AM
They were so affectionate toward each other in that last debate.

It was disgusting.

spacehabitats
02-06-2008, 11:58 AM
The presidential campaign is essentially over for 2008.

Mike Huckabee (AKA “Romney-killer”) will stay in the race as long as Mitt Romney is running. If by some miracle Romney lasts until the convention and McCain does not have enough delegates to win on the first ballot, Huckabee will throw his delegates to McCain (Oh, except for the 3 we won in West Virginia) and they will join hands and walk off into the sunset as running mates.

The enemy has won this battle. THEY don’t care whether the ultimate victory goes to John McCain, Hillary Clinton, or Barack Obama, and no one else has a chance of even being nominated.

We should keep fighting for every vote and hang in as long as Ron Paul wants to continue to run.
Every voter enlightened about Ron Paul is another victory for the long haul. But we need to understand what we are up against. We also need to be laying the groundwork for congressional campaigns in 2010 and our successful bid for the presidency in 2012.
Bring on 2010!

Heracles
02-06-2008, 02:40 PM
This exactly what I envision.

If the options are McCain, Hillary or Ron Paul... throngs of people will move towards Paul. He needs to run as an independent. Once he gets real media coverage his message will be welcomed with open arms by the masses.

There are other factors too. If Clinton and McCain are the nominees and the economy takes a serious hit, Paul will be in a prime position to say, "I told you so". And there's no need to wish for the economy to crash, anymore than a mortician has to wish for someone's death to get some business. It's going to happen as a matter of inevitability.

The question is, will it happen in time for people to realize the mess Republicans and Democrats have gotten us into over the years?

Liberté
02-06-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't agree with that. I think the CFR has plans to run Hillary against McCain, but they're willing to make it look like a big fight by having Hil and Ob entertain the masses with their squabbling. Obama is enough of a CFR shill that they'll be okay with his Presidency, also.

Our chance lies completely in the hands of the people. If we keep bumping up troll's negativity on this forum, then we will start to lose momentum. There are many states left and we should all help out in each and every one of them AND continue to fund Ron Paul's campaign.

There is a difference between negativity and a reality check. We came in 3rd in Alaska, that was our big State, not a close 3rd either. We took 4% in CA! Admitting that we have almost a 0% chance to take the GOP nomination at this point is ok, it’s not trollish, being realistic will allow us to focus our efforts. Talking about a possible 3rd Party run when we know it isn’t going to happen is also a waste of energy.

(1) We continue to support Ron Paul to the very last caucus/primary.
(2) We start looking for and supporting Republican Liberty Candidates
(3) We get involved with the GOP on the local level. We volunteer to be precinct chairpeople, we serve as election judges, etc..

P.S. stop worrying about the CFR and start worrying about the liberty agenda. Most of us are sick of the dang CFR talk.

Truth-Bringer
02-06-2008, 03:04 PM
(1) We continue to support Ron Paul to the very last caucus/primary.
(2) We start looking for and supporting Republican Liberty Candidates
(3) We get involved with the GOP on the local level. We volunteer to be precinct chairpeople, we serve as election judges, etc..

(4) We continue to organize "money bombs" for liberty/freedom oriented political groups to boost their outreach capabilities
(5) We work within the GOP through the primaries, but if they nominate a Neocon or a Statist, we vote for Libertarian or Constitution Party members

P.S. stop worrying about the CFR and start worrying about the liberty agenda. Most of us are sick of the dang CFR talk.

True - but they are for real and they do have an agenda which many politicians support.