PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about my caucus....

Thor
02-06-2008, 09:26 AM
The caucus last night I went to was a joke. Everything was disorganized, no guidance, people wandering about, no id's checked (just looked you up on the list, we even offered ID's and were told not needed). Half the packets had resolutions, the other half did not, and they told us to ignore them as they did not know anything about them or how they got in there (and they were on the national ID, privacy, etc and what position the Republican party should take on those issues). We asked if we needed to read all the pages of the meeting to formally go through it, and they said no, just choose your delegates. I was told that they really need delegates for County that want to go to State, as they have a hard time getting people to want to go. Excellent. :D

And the propaganda about how the republicans were the "right ones" and the dem's were evil shitheads made me want to puke.... Saying the Dem's had "no values". It was the holier than thou rah-rah crap.

And one lady in our precinct was an obvious Anti-Paul person, as when the guy at our table got up to give a RP speech, she replied with "Oh God" with a horrified look on her face. But it was her first convention too and she was the only McCain vote in our group.

Maltheus
02-06-2008, 10:58 AM
I know. Not that I would, but I could have easily replaced ballots and made Paul win. They were just handing them forward, throwing them at us and I was on of the tellers. But I didn't care so much about that as long as I got my delegate slots.