PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to All Supporters

crashcarr
02-06-2008, 09:24 AM
I posted this to my blog (http://crashcarr.blogspot.com/) and hope everything keeps all these things in mind.

The continuation of what has been started by Dr. Paul depends entirely on us. He may continue to run, run as a third party or pursue his congressional seat. It depends on us using the connections we have made through Meetups, RonPaulForums.com, MySpace, Facebook, etc. to continue to work for change from small to large.

The first thing is to continuing talking to people that aren't convinced about the ideas of freedom and liberty. It is hard for a lot of people to reject the concept of having a "social safety net" or having government make laws against people they don't like. Many people aren’t concerned about things until it personally affects them. But once you have an audience then use it to explain these ideas in full; that has been the weakness for Dr. Paul. The media has not given sufficient time to explain his ideas or even force the other candidates to explain their positions. They are more concerned with treating it like a soap opera than giving people information to make informed decisions. Most people don't even consider where the money comes from that gives them economic stimulus checks. .

The second is to not fight about how we work to achieve the basic goals of this movement. Whether someone decides to choose to fight within the Republican Party with the Republican Liberty Caucus goes to the Libertarian party or Constitution party, the goal is the same. We can all still use these communications lines we've opened to work towards achieving freedom and getting back to the basic tenets of the Constitution.

The third is to work locally, find candidates for local, state and congressional positions that represent our ideas and make it clear to them how important those positions are to you. This country didn't move towards a war starting, welfare state overnight and it won't change back overnight. It will take time and if Dr. Paul ends up back in the House then lets give him some help. We all know now there is enough support across this country to bind together in our local communities. Maybe some of us will choose to run.

Remember Dr. Paul cured our apathy, not just for this election cycle but forever. I'm not giving up on Dr. Paul but I wanted to make sure that people keep their heads up and remember the big goals. Like Dr. Paul says, this movement is not just about him. And no matter who becomes president this November, it will be easier to spread our message as people really start to feel the pressure of supporting a welfare state or continuing in wars we can't afford.

Thank you everyone!

crashcarr
02-06-2008, 10:00 AM
bump

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 10:01 AM
This movement is built around Dr Paul. If you want to back liberty candidates, head on over to the LP.

crashcarr
02-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Of course it's built around Dr. Paul and I hope that you are not showing what could be the weakness that discourages others. This movement is centered around Dr. Paul but the movement ISN'T Ron Paul. Even he himself says this and I think once his book comes out we will see that is something he is going to stress over and over. If he doesn't get elected President, it is important to continue working towards his goals. Infighting about how to do that is pointless and counterproductive. Even Dr. Paul himself previously ran as a Libertarian with the exact positions he is now. There are multiple roads that lead to the same destination and we can all help each other get there.

What are you going to do if you can convince someone you meet about getting the federal government out of the drug war business but can't convince them about the gold standard? Are you going to just kick them to the curb or continue trying to help them understand the issues we face and hope they come around, no matter how long it takes?

MsDoodahs
02-06-2008, 10:34 AM
The first thing is to continuing talking to people that aren't convinced about the ideas of freedom and liberty. It is hard for a lot of people to reject the concept of having a "social safety net"

There is nothing wrong with having a VOLUNTARY social safety net - as in charitable orgs to help those who find themselves in dire straights. Shouldn't be handled by government, though.

Something to remember is that when government usurped the role of charity by taking over the role of providing the safety net, government was trying to get those who need to use the safety net to worship them instead of God. (God = churches = providing safety net = those who used the charity worshipped God. Now, gov't = safety net = those who use the safety net worship gov't.)

eloquensanity
02-06-2008, 10:38 AM
There is nothing wrong with having a VOLUNTARY social safety net - as in charitable orgs to help those who find themselves in dire straights. Shouldn't be handled by government, though.

Something to remember is that when government usurped the role of charity by taking over the role of providing the safety net, government was trying to get those who need to use the safety net to worship them instead of God. (God = churches = providing safety net = those who used the charity worshipped God. Now, gov't = safety net = those who use the safety net worship gov't.)

Exactly what I have tried to get across to Christians.

Thou shall have no other Gods before me.

crashcarr
02-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Absolutely and thanks for clarifying what I posted. I did mean Gov't sponsored safety net. While I'm not a religious person, I do see the value of religious organizations doing charitable work. I also find it ironic that I always thought that a tithing to a church was supposed to come out of a person's salary before anything else but yet people don't see that it doesn't since their income tax is the first thing taken.