PDA

View Full Version : relatively simple Java web development question

Petar
02-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Hello, here is my Ron Paul support site that I finally launched recently:

www.letters4liberty.org

The administrators of this forum have agreed to put my banner up, and I just need to add a link for contact information to the bottom of the page, and also a link to FAQ information next to it.

Though I can get by with stuff like this with someone helping me out, I am NOT a programmer, which is why I need some ones help.

I have the app running locally in Eclipse, on my machine, so I just need someone to look at the main page XHTML code and help me make these simple additions.

Please know that this is a very important project that is capable of doing exactly what it claims in very short order, so your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Petar

Petar
02-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Here's a link to the main page page xhtml file by the way:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bdlmmdqbhmx

Petar
02-06-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm having an emergency.

I changed the index.html file on the server from "Loading Letters4Liberty website..." to just "Loading" It worked fine for me, in the sense that I could load the site from the internet, and I still can, but now other people can't. I tried changing the index file back and restarting Tomcat and Apache, but to no avail. I was also playing around with the index file in the source code, trying to add meta tags for better google ads was my goal. I thought that I ended up leaving that file alone, but now I'm not so sure. I actually have no idea what's going on, please help.

Petar
02-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Thank God, I fixed it.

Index.html needed to point to a slightly different file.

I can still use some help creating those links/pages though.

ToryNotion
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
i can code in java...whats your question/issue?

sharedvoice
02-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Social engineer. Please post your technical project requirements in the appropriate forum.

Petar
02-06-2008, 11:49 AM
i can code in java...whats your question/issue?

Hi Tory. Glad I found you! I just have to put up two links on my site before the sites banner gets launched off the forum. One for contact info and one for FAQ. Will be PMing you very soon, thanks.

Petar
02-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Social engineer. Please post your technical project requirements in the appropriate forum.

Heh, who could ever defy the rock and expect to live?

Chuck Norris, thats who!

Just a theory.