PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! We need funding today in order to launch billboard in Austin, Texas!

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Our plans for the billboard off the upper deck of I-35 fell through. The owner has not been helpful working with us to get this up. He owns the office space and sign above it and he is not a professional billboard company so it has been difficult trying to work this out. He gave us several quotes for installations because he has been unable to reach the contractor that has to use 2 trucks to install billboards. Yesterday he said the installer is quoting $4,000 just for installation and that would send the total over $10,000. The owner still hasn't provided concrete dimensions for the signs so that it can be wrapped correctly without info running off the side of the billboard. I have been talking to him for weeks on and off and now that we are ready to start everything he is acting clueless. We have no confidence in this guy or the installers that would be working on the billboard.
I already had a plan B worked out with a contact at Reagan Advertising for another billboard in downtown off I-35. A prime location has just become available so we can still reach 250,000 daily and it's highly visible with a size of 14 x 48. He sent me info this morning to get this started. The total costs for this is $7,900 for everything for a 4 week run. The only problem is that this company asks for all Political Ads be paid upfront in order to start the process. We are short about $3,000 so if we were to do this we would be fronting the costs ourselves in hopes we would recoup the costs through donations. We can't afford to be left covering that much of a difference, we paid $2,000 out of our own pockets for the South Carolina billboards since we didn't reach the goal and we already signed contracts. We have worked very hard on this and want to make it happen, using a nationwide billboard company like Reagan Ads will make sure this is done fast and professionally .

If we can get a commitment to cover these additional costs and the donations start rolling in, we will sign the contracts today and pay for this upfront.

If you want to contribute to help launch this Austin billboard please visit ronpaulbillboards.com and donate.

Please email any questions to support@ronpaulbillboards.com

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/NorthI35.JPG

Due to situations out of our control and to ensure we launch the billboard timely and professionally we have chosen to use a billboard agency that has one available in the same area. It is located off I-35, on the South side of the freeway facing north. The location is in the middle of downtown right off of 4th street. This is another prime location that has extreme traffic as well and can reach 250,000 daily also. The total cost for this billboard is $7,900 but the only issue is that they require payment upfront for political ads. We need to have an influx of donations ASAP to cover the costs of this launch. We can follow through with this if we have the support and commitments to cover the additional money needed to fund this. We need about $3,000 to reach this goal. Please contribute to make this happen and help Ron Paul have a big presence in Texas.

Harold

ronpaulbillboards.com

LibertyEagle
02-06-2008, 10:45 AM
bump

hyoomen
02-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Ouch. That is a devastating compromise to read about. I'm sending $100 to the cause, even though I realllllllly wanted that double billboard (having driven past it hundreds of times, even after I've moved back to Dallas).

Have y'all worked w/ the Meetup group(s) down there to hold any kind of small fundraiser for this? One night at a bar w/ a few bands ought to bring in most of the rest of the cash.

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm so upset with this guy I almost want to post his number so yall can let em have it.
It's very unprofessional to think that way but he has definitely wasted our time immensly

The other issue is having money in Paypal and transferring it into accounts to make this happen.
We need the money or commitments ASAP to make this happen.

Thank you for your continued support.

I have the contract from Reagan so we are ready to sign if the donations keep coming in.

jahazii
02-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Bump this is so important

driller
02-06-2008, 11:05 AM
If they never wasted money on a stupid blimp they could have afforded billboards that would have actualy done more good. Blimps don't get votes like I said before they learned their lesson.

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 11:08 AM
We can reach potential voters in Texas. In 2006 Austin voted for Independent candidates over Rick Perry for Governor.

Our graphics designer has already reworked the designs for the 14x 48 billboards and all info and issues are included.

We are ready for print!

TEXAS IS AN OPEN PRIMARY ANYONE CAN VOTE AND THE ANTI-WAR VOTE IS HUGE HERE!

constituent
02-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm so upset with this guy I almost want to post his number so yall can let em have it.
It's very unprofessional to think that way but he has definitely wasted our time immensly

The other issue is having money in Paypal and transferring it into accounts to make this happen.
We need the money or commitments ASAP to make this happen.

Thank you for your continued support.

I have the contract from Reagan so we are ready to sign if the donations keep coming in.

well, it wouldn't be that unprofessional to post it in the austin chronicle, would it?

you know, donate some ad time for the guy or something and let us who might be interested in
renting a billboard sometime in the future how we might get ahold of him....

jointhefightforfreedom
02-06-2008, 11:11 AM
bump

LibertyEagle
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
bump

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 11:16 AM
well, it wouldn't be that unprofessional to post it in the austin chronicle, would it?

you know, donate some ad time for the guy or something and let us who might be interested in
renting a billboard sometime in the future how we might get ahold of him....

Good luck on working with this guy, he wasn't helpful at all. He knew we were serious about this and he has had that billboard for sale for 9 months. His business skills are lacking and thats why no one has leased that space. $4,000 for installation is just ridiculous. I would go with the major billboard companies, if anyone wants his number to verify these quotes or whatever, send me a PM.

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm on hold trying to get on Alex Jones right now.

If anyone has some guts and want to help us call in and let the audience know about our billboard in Austin.

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Help won Ron Paul in Texas, contribute to our Austin billboard that can reach millions!

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm on hold for Alex!

IDefendThePlatform
02-06-2008, 11:53 AM
bump

jahazii
02-06-2008, 11:54 AM
bump and made a new thread this is a great opruntunity

constituent
02-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Good luck on working with this guy, he wasn't helpful at all. He knew we were serious about this and he has had that billboard for sale for 9 months. His business skills are lacking and thats why no one has leased that space. $4,000 for installation is just ridiculous. I would go with the major billboard companies, if anyone wants his number to verify these quotes or whatever, send me a PM.

hahaha, no that wasn't my intention at all.

maybe i should have put one of these :: :D :: in there....

either way, hope it all works out for you!

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 11:57 AM
hahaha, no that wasn't my intention at all.

maybe i should have put one of these :: :D :: in there....

either way, hope it all works out for you!

The sarcasm escaped me.

I'm wired on coffee and in serious mode right now.

Thanks for the support!

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Up next on Alex, tune in now!

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 12:23 PM
If we receive $2,000 today we will feel comfortable writing the check and getting this started and the rest will be raised later I'm sure

Money Bomb this so we can write the check!

Contribute at ronpaulbillboards.com

jahazii
02-06-2008, 12:25 PM
bump before class guys this is the cheapest thing you can do to get 4 million people intrested

flames2dust77
02-06-2008, 12:29 PM
keep this bumped ppl. we need to focus on winning texas now.:)

BreakYourChains
02-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Bump for Austin!

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm on hold for Alex Jones, I'm listening to this junk food interview and hope to be up as soon as this interview is over.

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Donations are rolling in keepem coming and we can get this started today.

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 01:04 PM
We need $2,700 to reach goal!

I'm up next on Alex!

ronpaulbillboards
02-06-2008, 01:52 PM
If we raise another $1,000 in the next 2 hours I will contact the billboard company and write the check and sign the contract. We need the confidence that the costs will be covered so we can move forward with this. We need to get started with production now.

Please visit ronpaulbillboards.com and contribute to help us launch this billboard in Austin

flames2dust77
02-06-2008, 02:16 PM
bump

hillertexas
02-06-2008, 03:05 PM
b ump

LibertyEagle
02-07-2008, 06:50 AM
bump

syborius
02-07-2008, 07:28 AM
bump bump I hope you get the funding, Im tapped out