PDA

View Full Version : Something to remember when seeing polls.

noxagol
08-08-2007, 06:12 PM
When people bring up the good polls that show "accurate" numbers, just remember this. The polls, as far as I am aware, only call people who: 1)Have land line phones 2)Are registered republican and 3) Voted republican in the last election. A lot of Ron Paul supporters are from all across the spectrum and did not vote last year and don't have land line phones.

I would not be surprised if someone called up everyone and Ron Paul's numbers jumped up a really good bit.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

paulitics
08-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Yep,these polls are excluding libertarians, independents and democrats. Unfortunately, Giuliani , may be pulling in some democrats though, so his numbers may be higher as well.
Telephone polls are becoming obsolete because they are excluding the younger generation(s). I think both Barack on the democrat side and Paul on the republican side are very popular with the youth, so in all likelyhood, both are actually higher than the polls because of this.

mackler
08-08-2007, 07:46 PM
I think both Barack on the democrat side and Paul on the republican side are very popular with the youth, so in all likelyhood, both are actually higher than the polls because of this.

The difference between Obama and Paul is that when Obama gets the order he will throw the race for Hillary.