02-06-2008, 08:13 AM
a poem, of sorts....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tribute

you are nameless,
you are nemesis
you are Babylon, and hanging gardens
you are the 22nd wonder of the ancient world

"tribute, i give this to you" the young boy opened his hand, the proffered stain lay naked in his hand, still pulsing with the beat of his heart through his palm, green and neon, fading slowly...
"tribute, i caught this in the garden, beneath the trees, i want you to have it" beneath the dusk, beneath the dawn, the young boys hand forever open, forever inviting death to eat, to sup, to dine

Caligula, I found your island
the temples all filled with secret closets,
lined with peep holes and little boots

"tribute, what good are scrolls, they are empty, the light is dim, the dust is angry" Cleopatra moans from across the room, her bed is lonely, and still he scratches away,
"tribute, this is my Alexandria, passed down from Bacephalus himself... give way, give way, and give yourself... I’ll devour your poems one by one, just to taste the rhymes..." she scratches long dangerous black nails against the soft sandstone, and still he scratches away

cronus, what time is it?
is it time to rape the earth, to rape mother
is it time for tea, or devouring the sea
cronus, what silent time is it?

"Tribute, i think i might be dead, could you be a dear and check the charts?" the Word smiles up from beneath the earth, from the dark, from the silent spaces
"Tribute... Tribute... I'm feeling cold, I’m feeling lonely... Tribute... could you be a dear?" slowly silence envelops the Word...

Nefarious, and I’m sorry,
the Handsome Phoenician (has drowned again)
I didn’t want to be the One to have to tell you,
but he wrote the letter, and here, I’m Sorry

Nefarious,

Home seems alone, and you fill the silent spaces with your quiet
you deafen me, and break me down,
I had to go, can’t you see that dear…?
I loved you, and yet shall love you, with ever’ returning spring,
I had to go,
don’t blame Time, or Darius, they didn’t listen either,
I had to go somewhere down, Glaucos welcomed me with wide white capped arms,
And now I sleep darling, can’t you be happy…?
I love you and your entropy, I love you, but I had to go
Can’t you see that dear?

-P.H.P

Ps. Now the silence does not bother me, the garbled fray of life is smoothed out, and believe it or not, everything is making sense… I love you I love you I love you

“Tribute aren’t you tired of this game?” Prometheus asks his head in his hands, on top of his eternal rock, the vulture looking just as bored.
“Tribute, where is Sisyphus, he was due and hour ago, and Tantalus where is he, lunch is only an hour from now” Prometheus sighs, and stretches out across the stone, his chains are lighter than the sun, and burn much hotter, “I am free, I am free” he whispers.