PDA

View Full Version : How can we make a new splash?

Lucid American
02-06-2008, 08:09 AM
What I would love to see happen is for us to immediately totally abandon the MSM -- no more blogging on their sites . . . no more communicating with them . . . just utter silence from us, but we need to flank that with some way to make them want to come to us.

What can we do to get the word out independently and make people see the light?

What do we have in our corner?
- the ONLY true conservative
- the ONLY true promoter of peace
- the ONLY candidate with a long and consistent record

I think we need to withdraw and re-group, but the question is how?

Can we afford at this point to just bide our time until Paul's book comes out in April, then actively campaign against the Republican party in hopes of pulling an upset at the convention?

What are your thoughts -- we gotta think outside of the box. We're a free market campaign with lots of creativity and ingenuity, so let's re-tool.

Lucid American
02-06-2008, 08:41 AM
It's also valuable to note that even with the influence of MSM, 80M eligible voters either did not vote or voted indy / third party in 2004.

How can we tap into those people?

Vendico
02-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Huge picket day against MSM

LittleLightShining
02-06-2008, 08:59 AM
This is a copy of an email I sent out to my meetup group:

Hi everyone. I'm a relatively new member to the group. I'm a precinct leader in Barre. My precinct has almost 3000 people in it. I've been phonebanking to identify the undecided voters and trying like heck to get Ron Paul's message out to them. I've had fairly good results but I feel like it's me against the media here. So I had an idea...

Central Vermont has a free weekly newspaper called The World, which many of you probably know. It has a circulation of over 25k homes and businesses in 24 towns. I get it every Tuesday and most of the time I keep it all week for the calendar of events. There is no one in Central VT who doesn't at least flip through this paper. I joined the www.ronpaulforums.com last week and saw an idea for guerrilla advertising-- put slim jims into free papers at newstands. Not bad, but I don't want to get in trouble for theft of services. So yesterday I called The World and got some information about advertising rates. A full page ad would cost around $900. That's right! A FULL PAGE AD. That will be in people's homes for a whole week. Smaller ads obviously would cost much less than that but I say we try to do this.

Since we don't have an official state HQ I called the main HQ yesterday to find out if it would be possible to get campaign funds for this. Unfortunately the answer was a flat no. Another resource I found on the ronpaulforums was a link to http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/
This tool can be used to find out who's donating to Ron Paul in our area. People who are donating money are serious supporters. Let's figure out how to get these folks more involved with the grassroots effort. We really need to get an ad in the World (and Seven Days and any other free/weekly papers around the state) by working together to raise the money.

There are all kinds of free weeklies all over the country. We need to band together and get this message into people's hands. The slim jims and calls are all well and good, but we need more bang for the buck, if you know what I mean.

Another idea I saw on the PL chat at the campaign site was for folks to compile footage from debates and burn it onto dvd's. Take the dvd's to undecided voters and say, "I just wanted you to have access to a candidate that the media is ignoring," or something like that. I converted 6 people just by showing them the Ron Paul South Carolina debate video on youtube. 4 of these folks have voted and donated to the campaign already. Not everyone has the internet.

If anyone reading this wants to help make this newspaper ad and others a reality, pm me. We need all the help we can get.

Lucid American
02-06-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm not so sure they care about signs. That might be one thing to do, but a small thing in the grand scheme.

Boycott their primary sponsors, along with a letter writing campaign to those sponsors? Real letters, not angry emails.

Vendico
02-06-2008, 09:03 AM
really need to start having organized pickets. That's the only thing we can do to get attention now.

acptulsa
02-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Try reading POWER at the CONVENTION if you want to know where we can go from here.