PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle marathon in SC

DjLoTi
08-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Cannabis Culture Magazine is sponsoring a Ron Paul "Hope for America" bicycle awareness tour in South Carolina. From September 15th to the 23rd, marathon cyclist Ken Locke will ride through South Carolina armed with one thousand "Ron Paul: Hope For America" buttons, two thousand 3x5-inch information cards, a bicycle sign reading "Ron Paul: Hope For America, President 2008", and a trailing flag that says "Ask Me About Ron Paul for President!" While Kent hands out buttons and cards, he will deliver Ron Paul's message to the folks of South Carolina, recognizing the importance of the Palmetto State's early primary on February 2, 2008. We encourage anyone in South Carolina to support Kent and Cannabis Culture, but more importantly to support and vote for Ron Paul in the Republican primaries! Contact Marc@cannabisculture.comfor more information. This Thursday in Vancouver, British Columbia, our Ron Paul meet up group is setting up a Ron Paul pavilion in downtown's main square at the Art Gallery, from 4:00 to 7:00pm. Three giant Ron Paul banners will hopefully draw US visitors to our booth, where information can be shared and taken away. Starting next week, we will need volunteers to hold our 8-foot long by 3-foot wide Ron Paul Banners at the Vancouver cruise ship terminal, where most of the passengers are exiting and entering the cruise ships Thursday to Sunday. Most of these well-heeled people are American and Republican! So this is fertile and potentially valuable prospecting for Dr. Paul's campaign of constitutionally bound government and individual liberty. Read developments and updates at www.cannabisculture.com/forums

Razmear
08-08-2007, 05:49 PM
I think its great that he's doing this, but hope he doesn't stress the cannabis too much down here in SC.
I think this is the only state where you can go to a rock concert and not see anyone smoking pot, which was a bit of a culture shock when I moved here from Vermont.

eb

DjLoTi
08-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Nope, seems like it's all about Ron Paul :)

Green Mountain Boy
08-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Yo Razmear, where did you live in VT?

RPatTheBeach
08-08-2007, 06:00 PM
I think its great that he's doing this, but hope he doesn't stress the cannabis too much down here in SC.
I think this is the only state where you can go to a rock concert and not see anyone smoking pot, which was a bit of a culture shock when I moved here from Vermont.

eb

I was thinking the same thing when I read it. Cool that he's doing something to get the Doc's name out. Unfortunate he is tied to something mass society frowns on.

G-khan
08-08-2007, 06:13 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I read it. Cool that he's doing something to get the Doc's name out. Unfortunate he is tied to something mass society frowns on.

I think society is about fed up with the so called war on drugs...

Razmear
08-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Yo Razmear, where did you live in VT?

In St Johnsbury for a few years, and West Charleston (near Newport/Derby Line) for a few more.

eb

Green Mountain Boy
08-08-2007, 06:25 PM
In St Johnsbury for a few years, and West Charleston (near Newport/Derby Line) for a few more.

eb

Ah, I'm from down south...Putney.

monotony
08-08-2007, 06:48 PM

Mass society is wrong on this issue and Ron Paul will tell them so and they will listen to him.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-08-2007, 07:00 PM
I think society is about fed up with the so called war on drugs...

We never had anti-marijuana laws until 1938 I believe. I wonder how people survived before then! :rolleyes:

DjLoTi
08-08-2007, 07:05 PM
lol.

I first learned about Ron Paul at www.cannabisnews.com

So.. think about that.

richard1984
08-08-2007, 07:12 PM
I think that a majority of people who are anti-cannabis are only of this opinion because it is illegal. Their opinions of good/bad, right/wrong are based substantially on law and propaganda.

I mean seriously, (as an example) what other argument does a parent really have against his/her son/daughter if s/he is caught smoking "pot"? Reefer Madness has long been debunked. Cannabis is not cocaine or heroin--most everyone knows that. Parents today conform to rigid and restrictive laws to raise their children by these days.

They are gradually enslaving us.

But the eternal human soul has broken through the conditioned human mind. I can't believe that the "boiling frog" scenario is universal. I think that there is more to reality than the culture controllers realized.

Larofeticus
08-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I support ron paul and I support bikes. I support drug legalization but I don't support people who make that their only issue.

It's a bit of a pickle, but if this guy comes anywhere near columbia SC i'll definately try and see him/ride with him or something.

richard1984
08-08-2007, 07:17 PM
lol.

I first learned about Ron Paul at www.cannabisnews.com

So.. think about that.

Makes me proud! :D

RPatTheBeach
08-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I think you guys were missing my point or maybe I am just wrong, but I *think* most of the parental society has been brainwashed by the War on Drugs that their knee-jerk reaction to hearing an "end to the war on drugs" or related may not be a positive one.

ThePieSwindler
08-08-2007, 07:23 PM
I think that a majority of people who are anti-cannabis are only of this opinion because it is illegal. Their opinions of good/bad, right/wrong are based substantially on law and propaganda.

I mean seriously, (as an example) what other argument does a parent really have against his/her son/daughter if s/he is caught smoking "pot"? Reefer Madness has long been debunked. Cannabis is not cocaine or heroin--most everyone knows that. Parents today conform to rigid and restrictive laws to raise their children by these days.

They are gradually enslaving us.

But the eternal human soul has broken through the conditioned human mind. I can't believe that the "boiling frog" scenario is universal. I think that there is more to reality than the culture controllers realized.

Great point my friend. Most social conservatives are really legal positivists on this subject - people who believe the law must be followed on its own merit, and does not have any necessary or inherent link to morality or ethics. I fear that many will follow this "its the law" sentiment until the last vestiges of liberty are stripped away.

richard1984
08-08-2007, 07:23 PM
I support ron paul and I support bikes. I support drug legalization but I don't support people who make that their only issue.

Some people are initially attracted to Ron Paul because of his stance on the "war on drugs," but I bet that most of them have been and will be drawn in further by everything else Dr. Paul has to say. A lot of people don't know what to think about politics (because it usually SUCKS!). But when they hear Ron Paul's message, they'll know what they think. And they'll be enthusiastic!!
"Hope for America," you know?

richard1984
08-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Great point my friend. Most social conservatives are really legal positivists on this subject - people who believe the law must be followed on its own merit, and does not have any necessary or inherent link to morality or ethics. I fear that many will follow this "its the law" sentiment until the last vestiges of liberty are stripped away.

I think that their adherence is largely motivated by fear. They want to keep themselves safe; they want to keep their children safe.

Safe from what?
-The "Law."

It's terrorism....