PDA

View Full Version : Why were the dropouts on my ballot?

wgadget
02-06-2008, 07:26 AM
I was thinking about the effect of keeping all the original candidates on the ballot. As we well know, RP has become a forbidden name on the MSM in the past couple of weeks, so much so that many people thought he was out of the race.

Some on the ballot ARE out of the race, but RP's name was right in there with them. When Average Joe approached the voting booth and saw all those name on their ballot, they probably were confused about the selections. If the ballots would have been accurate, with only four names, then people would have known that all four names were still in the race.

Why this extra effort to cause confusion with the voting process?

I don't get it. Is this normal?

Richie
02-06-2008, 07:32 AM
It's normal. The candidates that are on the ballot in your state met the requirements before they dropped out. When they dropped out, it was too late to remove their names from the ballot. I'm an election judge - take my word for it.

GoDrNo
02-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Yeah thats a very common occurance, also think of the cost if they reprinted all the ballots everytime someone dropped out.

Bubba
02-06-2008, 09:03 AM
It's normal. The candidates that are on the ballot in your state met the requirements before they dropped out. When they dropped out, it was too late to remove their names from the ballot. I'm an election judge - take my word for it.

There wasn't enough time to take the drop-outs OFF of the ballots yet in many states there WAS enough time to leave RP OFF of the ballots while he was STILL running. I have a bridge in San Fran I'd like to sell you. Or, how about some New Orleans beach-front?