PDA

View Full Version : ****This Is A Revolution! Revolutions Don't Make Compromises!!!!!!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 06:56 AM
I see only few true dedicated people here, most of the people who call this "A REVOLUTION" are giving up after every battle. What did you expect ? That the special intrest people will let us win landslide, was that really what you expected ? If you thought this would be easy who should check out again who are we facing in this battle for freedom.We are the only one on the stage talking about the message of the founding fathers!

Why give up, why even think that option ? Itīs not an option if we want changes! If we want changes, we MUST BE the changes that we want to see. We must spread the message, cause nobody else will not do that if we donīt. If you are not going to stand behind this message till the end, you have never even stood behind this message.

What we must do now IS DONATE TO CAMPAIGN AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO SAME. Just think what we allready done and what kind of network we have now, cause of this campaign! We must support this campaign till the end to get the message out and get even bigger network we have now!We also must keep this network to get "Ron Paul"-people elected locally!

People, we have the winning message, we are for freedom&peace, we are for what the founding fathers told us! Itīs just a matter of time when people join us. We are winning new supporters every day and we are getting "Ron Paul"-people elected locally, this REVOLUTION is far from end, this is only the beginning!

We are here to stay! Donate and encourage others too, we need to keep Ron Paul in the race till the end! Americans MUST hear this message!

Remember that VOTE FOR LESSER OF TWO EVILS IS STILL A VOTE FOR EVIL AND WON`T TAKE US ANYWHERE!

PS. My english sucks, but i hope this helped you.

:)

qwerty
02-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Keep up the good work, sooner or later it will pay off!

Remember that the prize is worth working/waiting for!

:cool:

Sematary
02-06-2008, 07:11 AM
+1

qwerty
02-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Mister Grieves
02-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Indeed, the line must be drawn here and now.

No surrender.

CJLauderdale4
02-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Check out the daily dose on RP2008 site.
It gives your sentiments exactly!!!

'TILL DEATH, I WILL FIGHT FOR LIBERTY!!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 07:22 AM
No surrender.

Thatīs the attitude!

We have allready created a HUGE network and it would be SO stupid to give up now when our numbers ARE ONLY GOING UP!

PEOPLE, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAVE THE ONLY CAMPAIGN WHICH HAVE BEEN GROWING ALL THE TIME FROM THE BEGINNING ?

DONATE AND LET IT GROW EVEN BIGGER!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Check out the daily dose on RP2008 site.
It gives your sentiments exactly!!!

'TILL DEATH, I WILL FIGHT FOR LIBERTY!!

Thanks, bro!

Proceed Ever More Boldly

“THESE are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.”

As my friend and colleague Jonathan Bydlak has pointed out before, the American Revolution—the very thing whose legacy Ron Paul is fighting to keep alive—had darker days in 1776 than anything we have yet faced. George Washington and the Continental Army, as well as the American irregulars who fought for their own homes and families even apart from the organized army, lost battle after battle that fall and the following winter, ceding New York and New Jersey to the British and retreating into Pennsylvania.

Our country was on the brink of being reabsorbed into the empire from which it had struggled to break free, and our revolution was close to being extinguished in spirit as well as in the flesh—and that crushing of the American spirit would have been the one defeat from which there could be no recovery. Think of George Orwell’s 1984, where the ultimate horror was not the endless wars between Oceania, Eastasia, and Eurasia or the state’s unlimited powers of surveillance and control, but the crushing of one man’s spirit at the end of the novel.

The American revolutionaries, unlike Winston Smith in 1984, did not break. They rallied. George Washington put his troops through grueling training at Valley Forge. Tom Paine wrote The Crisis, whose words I’ve quoted above, to rekindle the spark of liberty in our hearts. Americans of all backgrounds and walks of life did whatever was in their power to keep the revolution going. Our revolutionary forefathers heeded the words that many of them had read in the Latin epic The Aeneid: tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito. “Do not give in to evils, but proceed ever more boldly against them.” Those words would later become the motto of the great Austrian economist Ludwig von Mises, whose work has contributed so much to inspire Ron Paul and his revolutionary fight for a return to limited government.

The sacrifices that are now asked of us in our fight against the Leviathan state are minuscule compared to those of our revolutionary forefathers or those of Professor Mises, who fled Austria as the Nazis consolidated their state power. But we fight for the same spirit that animated Washington, Jefferson, and Mises. And because the burdens upon us are so much lighter by comparison, we have that much less reason to give in to evils or give up on our efforts. If ours is a long, long struggle, so be it: “Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered.”

Already the Ron Paul revolution has achieved more than even its own founding father dared dream. Nobody anticipated that in a field of eleven Republican candidates, Ron Paul would be among the last four standing, outdistancing one-time “frontrunners” Rudy Giuliani and Fred Thompson. There is still much more good work to be done, if we are willing to do it—if we do not give in to evils. And there are two obvious places to start or continue in that good work: by contributing to Ron Paul’s campaign and by organizing the revolution for peace and liberty in your neighborhood by becoming a Precinct Leader. These times may try our souls, but the example of those who have gone before us still lead us ever more boldly onward.

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/02/06/proceed-ever-more-boldly/

A friend of mine asked me tonight, “Should Ron Paul just quit? I never hear of him on the news so he can’t be doing very well today (Super Tuesday).” Here is my reply to him:

I don’t care what the liberal media is saying, he has,

2nd place in Nevada

2nd place in Louisiana (possibly first once they get it sorted out)

2nd place in Montana

2nd place in Maine

3rd place in Utah

3rd place in North Dakota

There is about 21 more states left to vote,

He has plenty of money,

No one has even close to enough delegates to take the nomination,

He has the only true Republican stance on the issues,

He is the only candidate who believes our government should follow ALL of the Constitution,

Quit?

Not even close. Keep fighting, Ron Paul is!

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates

qwerty
02-06-2008, 07:25 AM
if You Really Believe On Freedom You Should Never Make Compromises, Itīs All Or Nothing!

Itīs much more easier to lose your freedom than get it back, but be sure that if we continue this effort we will win, not tommorrow but we will! We are supporter the principles that were used when USA was founded, itīs only matter of time when majority of people will demand those rights back!

Ideas Are Bulletproof!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 07:36 AM
"In May of 1860, the votes of 233 delegates were required to win the Republican nomination. Abraham Lincoln arrived at that convention starting only with the support of the 22 delegates from Illinois. He went on to win the nomination."

qwerty
02-06-2008, 07:55 AM
DONATE AND ENCOURAGE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO DONATE TOO!!!!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 08:10 AM
original article at http://ron-paul-campaign.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 5, 2008
The Super Tuesday Winner

So what is the strategy for Super Tuesday? Who will win BIG on today's Super Tuesday of voting? Will it be Senator McCain? (The crowd begins to cheer!) Will it be Governor Romney? (The crowd continues to cheer!) How about Governor Huckabee? (The crowd cheers again!) Or how about that US Constitutional guy... err... what's his name... Congressman... oh yah, Ron Paul? (The crowd starts to laugh!) -- Yes, sounds familiar, right? And so the media continues to report "who won what" and so on and so forth, with of course, no mentioning of that silly Congressman anywhere.

And as the Ron Paul supporters continue to fight back their tears while questioning, "How can this be? I don't get it! I thought we'd make a dent by now?!!", the Ron Paul Headquarters begins to board the "The Ron Paul Express Train", with nothing but confident smiles, because after all, you need a freight train to carry the message of freedom, and more importantly... ALL THE DELEGATES THAT COME WITH IT!!!

"I don't understand -- what do you mean? He lost the delegates in the states because FOX NEWS reported it that way!" Yes, I know... and they also reported that Al Gore won as President -- or have you forgotten? Isn't it funny how IGNORANT Fox News really is? Well, I say ignorant and maybe that isn't really fair -- so let's just say that they choose to show their viewers what they want the people to see. You see, the results we are seeing on TV is not really what is actually occurring, but the media likes to "dumb it down" for America because it would take too much time to explain how the Delegates really choose their candidate, and so they try and keep it simple. And many people like simple -- because simple is good. Heck, I like simple too. However, sometimes keeping things too simple, as is the case with an election, can be very misleading. Yes I know, it sounds complicated and I was once there myself -- so allow me to further explain.

Have you heard of the expression that all of this is really a "Beauty Contest?" Well, this is true, because nothing is set in stone yet. The reason why the media is keeping it simple is because MANY of the states are a winner-take-all state, meaning if a candidate wins the popular vote of the state, they get to keep all the delegates that come with that state -- however, what the media isn't telling you (because statistically speaking, it's highly unlikely) is that ANY DELEGATE can change their mind and vote for whomever they want when it comes time at the convention -- which is when the voting REALLY MATTERS.

"I see. But I still don't understand the whole primary/caucus thing, choosing delegates and how or why it's important?" Let me break that down for you in a nutshell.

First, let me describe what a Delegate is. Delegates are the people who you trust to do the voting at the GOP convention on your party's behalf, so to speak. So basically, you vote on a delegate who supports the candidate you want to win. Anyone can be a delegate as long they fulfill the requirements set out by the state. If you want to be a delegate (which is important to the Ron paul campaign), you can just announce it at the caucus meeting. But you have to bring enough people to vote for you to be a delegate. The more delegates you have in a district, the better, because then there are caucuses for state delegates -- whereby all the district delegates vote on who will be a state delegates. States are assigned a certain number of "state delegates" to represent the state, which is what the whole "Beauty Contest" is about -- it sort of help determines which candidate will receive those delegates. Since many states are a "winner takes all" -- this means that all the delegates will go to the popular vote winner, whereas some states award delegates by percentages.

A caucus is basically a convention held in districts whereby party members gather to hear speeches made about the candidates. The people that attend the caucus (which can be ANYONE) then vote for delegates to represent the candidates at the party's convention. Each district has a certain number of delegates, which depends on who gets voted by the people. State rules and regulations do vary, as some only allow voters to participate in their party’s primary (such as you must be registered as a republican to vote in the republican primaries), while other states have no party restrictions and allow voters to participate in any single primary they choose. Now this is important to understand -- because the more delegates your candidate has, the better. And in MOST (if not all) situations, the turnout of these caucuses are spread so thin because very few people show up to be a delegate, that someone can utterly "steal" the victory away from the popular vote winner (if awarded by percentage) because they had more delegates in a certain district representing them. An example would be Obama in Nevada, who lost by popular vote, but actually received more delegates because the districts by which he won had more delegates than Clinton did. But we'll come back to this a little later.

Now a primary is what most of us are used to. Voters go to the polls, select their candidate and help determine the percentage of the state's delegates. The person who wins the state (if by the winner-take-all policy) supposedly wins all the delegates too -- but here's the rub... do they really win all the delegates? In a typical situation, this is likely the case. The percentages of a state's delegates are broken down to show how many delegates are from each of the candidates running. For example, in Maine, Romney won the popular vote by a landslide right? Therefore, he is rewarded all the delegates of that state. McCain came in second with Ron Paul coming in a very close third place. However, Ron Paul had A LOT MORE DELEGATES that supported him than McCain did, so realistically speaking, Ron Paul came in second in the delegate count. How is this important? It isn't YET, but patience Grasshopper, and you will begin to see the light.

Ok, so I said I would come back to how someone can "steal" a victory. From what I know, this is how it works -- in a brokered convention, ANY STATE DELEGATE IS NOT BOUND TO VOTE FOR ANY PARTICULAR CANDIDATE. Did you get that? While they were selected to best represent their own candidate, what would happen if their candidate dropped out? Their candidate would likely endorse another candidate, right? And it makes sense that the state delegates would support whomever their candidate endorsed, right? But here's where it gets sticky... would they really support whomever their candidate endorsed? A perfect example of that would have been Giuliani who endorsed McCain after he dropped out -- which should have added to the popular vote count for McCain to easily win the state of Maine since he had Giuliani supporters too, right? But McCain lost to Romney. As I said in a previous article, this is not a typical election and there is clearly no real front runner -- at least not what the media is making it out like.

It is my opinion that people are awake now and are not voting in the typical mannerisms of the past elections. People are very angry right now, confused right now and are still unsure of who they would support -- but more important than that, they now understand that it's ok to change their minds and actually vote who's right for office rather than vote for who's right for the party. If there was a clear front runner, then someone would have an enormous lead by now, yes? But this is not the case. And according to the GOP rules, a candidate must enter the convention in September with 51% of the delegates from all the states or else the election will go to a brokered convention... and that is where the pay off will be, because delegates will now have to make things right by voting. BUT, the question is, "Who will they vote for?"

Is your eyebrow raising? Are you getting it yet?!! You're starting to smirk, aren't you? Yessssss, suddenly, all those supposed state delegates that the candidate "thought" he had in the bag from the states (according the media and beauty contests) now suddenly don't look too promising, because they (the delegates) now have the power, and more importantly, the right to change their mind. Now here's the beauty of it all -- there is NOTHING anyone can do about it.

"Yes, I get it now, but c'mon, what are the odds these delegates will vote for Ron Paul?" Well, there is no guarantee -- but let's look at it this logically... this will likely create negative publicity for the so called "front runner", as this candidate will now be seen BY MANY PEOPLE as being weak, not to mention careless, because HE DIDN'T SEE IT COMING. And nobody wants a weak, let alone careless President. A brokered convention hasn't occurred since God knows how long ago - which is why many people still disagree and say it won't happen. However, I believe the odds are in favor this year for one to happen, as do many others, and here's the funny part... if it does, can you imagine the media coverage on that one? The media, all which completely blacked out Ron Paul, is actually responsible for making it all happen because he slipped in "under the radar."

This is why the likelihood of a 3rd party run by Ron Paul is not realistic nor in the playing cards (at this point.) Statistically speaking, he has a better chance of getting those unsure delegates to vote for him than he would at getting a majority to win during a third party run for Presidency. Third party runs are very expensive and get zero media coverage and aren't likely to be invited for debates -- but winning the Republican nomination gets him the best seat in the house, to relay his thoughts on the issues at hand and to eventually prove to America that he is the best choice for President.

So who's the big winner of Super Tuesday? I think it's more like who's the big WEINER of Tuesday. All Aboooooard!!!

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/34128

qwerty
02-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Bump!

Cinderella
02-06-2008, 09:02 AM
give me liberty or give me death!!!!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 09:02 AM
give me liberty or give me death!!!!

:)

Redcard
02-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Revolutions don't make Compromises?

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SMOKING?

The wording of the Declaration of Independance was frought with compromises. "Oh, that language is too tough" "Oh, we should be more conciliatory" "Oh, the British be damned, we write what we want"...

The Articles of Confederation were full of Compromises. "Canada wants to have the option of joining." "We shouldn't let Canada in , now or never" "We won't join unless this is here" "They won't join if we put it in there like that.

The Constitution was a series of compromises. "How much do slaves count for?" "We're not ratifying if we don't get a bill of rights" "We're not ratifying if you put THAT in the bill of rights" "We want senators to be elected by the people"

Why don't you guys get that? You've refused to compromise throughout the entirety of the campaign, and look at what it's got you. Look at where you're at!

Founding fathers my ass. You guys think these guys got along, stuck to their combined interests, and went on with life, don't you? Bullshit. THey fought HARD , on almost every point, from start to finish.

And they didn't call people "Trolls" when they disagreed with them,. they discussed things rationally, calmly (and sometimes not), and worked out.. a COMPROMISE.

qwerty
02-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Revolutions don't make Compromises?

I MEANT THINGS LIKE VOTING OF LESSER OF TWO EVILS...

I didnīt say that we shouldnīt never make Compromises in politics...WTF, YOU ARE SMOKING....

:rolleyes:

Redcard
02-06-2008, 09:19 AM
I didnīt say that we shouldnīt never make Compromises in politics...WTF, YOU ARE SMOKING....

Cause shouting makes you so much more credible.

Look. We've been confrontational to everyone else as a campaign from day one. Now we know what that causes.

qwerty
02-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Cause shouting makes you so much more credible.

Look. We've been confrontational to everyone else as a campaign from day one. Now we know what that causes.

Hey, sooner or later people will come to us. They want their rights back, mark my words...

We have some priciplses and we should never compromise on those principles!

mconder
02-06-2008, 09:23 AM
We've had enough compromise in our government already.

Redcard
02-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Hey, sooner or later people will come to us. They want their rights back, mark my words...

We have some priciplses and we should never compromise on those principles!

I've been marking peoples words here for weeks.

Others have been marking peoples words here for months.

If the words of people here were money, then the FED would be a better option.

It's frustrating that we've pretended ourselves into a situation where there's almost nothing left to do.

Dan Klaus
02-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I stand with you friends...my conscience and the future of my child are not for f'in sale to msm annointed candidate...my vote is for RP and my future lies with the revolution till I drop dead...I will pass the torch to my kids...it never ends...ever...

qwerty
02-06-2008, 10:30 AM
BUMP!

Jae0
02-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Ron Paul or none at All.

qwerty
02-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Bump!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Bump!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Bump!

american empire
02-06-2008, 02:37 PM
we did compromise in WV....just saying

qwerty
02-06-2008, 02:38 PM
we did compromise in WV....

not from our principles...

Redcard
02-06-2008, 02:45 PM

You think Mike Huckabee is in line with our principles?

qwerty
02-06-2008, 02:46 PM
You think Mike Huckabee is in line with our principles?

OMG, WE MADE A DEAL THAT OUR IDEAS COULD WIN THESE ELECTIONS...

Joseph Hart
02-06-2008, 02:49 PM
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/Organjic/rev.jpg

american empire
02-06-2008, 02:55 PM

look twist it any way you want but I was vomitting in my mouth when I saw huckabeee...gleaming saying they thought they could count me out, his giants rhetoric, his rocky analogies......

but lets not argue over this....

american empire
02-06-2008, 02:58 PM
OMG, WE MADE A DEAL THAT OUR IDEAS COULD WIN THESE ELECTIONS...

please elaborate...b/c that way Ron could easily be pro war to get the neo con vote during the primaries....so he could do this for the greater good like getting in the white house.....then he could change his stance....look if ron had to be flexible we wouldn't even be supporting him.....sometimes if the diagnosis is wrong you dont go supporting it....you have to realize the mistake ...and WV was a mistake...