PDA

View Full Version : Petition to GOP: We Will Not Vote for the Nominee

Airborn
02-06-2008, 06:53 AM
Message to Republican/GOP: Ron Paul Supporters will not vote for the GOP Nominee come election day for 2008 if it is not Ron Paul. We will write Ron Paul in or vote for Ron Paul if he runs independent/third party.

sign this petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notogop/

After collecting alot of signatures I will email this to every state GOP and send press releases to the Media.

Myerz
02-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Signed....

Come on! Let's get MASSIVE on this!

Airborn
02-06-2008, 07:19 AM
thanks.

Please help spread this

Myerz
02-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Be careful.

After signing it I got an email saying "you might be interested in this petition too" with a link to a petition. As to suggest it was a different one. So I signed it, it's the same one so now my name is on there twice. I don't like that. ipetition.com should at least try to prevent that. One signature for every email address...sounds simple enough.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-06-2008, 07:31 AM
25 signatures already and counting......Lets post this in every meetup group as well. Lets make the GOP poop its pants!!!!

robert4rp08
02-06-2008, 07:39 AM
um.... do you actually think online petitions do anything? if they did, bush would've been impeached by now, we'd be out of iraq, and britney spears would be president.

Airborn
02-06-2008, 07:40 AM
um.... do you actually think online petitions do anything? if they did, bush would've been impeached by now, we'd be out of iraq, and britney spears would be president.
doesn't hurt to show them we won't support the Nominee

TurtleBurger
02-06-2008, 07:42 AM
What do we want them to do about it? "We got a petition, so we better throw out the results of all the primaries and caucuses so far." No offense, but I don't see any value in this.

Airborn
02-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Be careful.

After signing it I got an email saying "you might be interested in this petition too" with a link to a petition. As to suggest it was a different one. So I signed it, it's the same one so now my name is on there twice. I don't like that. ipetition.com should at least try to prevent that. One signature for every email address...sounds simple enough.

there is a box under the comment box that is checked says "Yes, I want iPetitions to contact me on similar campaigns or petitions."

And I didn't know it lets to sign more then once, anyone know any site better?

robert4rp08
02-06-2008, 07:44 AM

Writing a letter to your local GOP will be far more effective.

Airborn
02-06-2008, 07:46 AM
What do we want them to do about it? "We got a petition, so we better throw out the results of all the primaries and caucuses so far." No offense, but I don't see any value in this.

No, it's just sending a message to them, since they have been unfair to Paul.

Airborn
02-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Be careful.

I just notice in control panel on the site I could Activate Unique email and Unique IP, so I did that

Airborn
02-06-2008, 08:34 AM
bump

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Bump...........

dsentell
02-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Signed.

Thanks Airborn!

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Bump..........

Kingfisher
02-06-2008, 09:11 AM
signed

Airborn
02-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Ron Paul just signed..

"Ron Paul I fully stand behind the movement to fracture the GOP's base and cause the party to dissolve."

cmon sign with your real name, if you dont want to post your name, sign with your Initials

Tn...Andy
02-06-2008, 09:15 AM

You're assuming they care, when in fact, they don't.

This was decided long, long ago in a backroom meeting, far, far away....McCain to be the Darth Vader so the Wicked Bitch of the East would be more acceptable and be elected. Thus it shall come to pass.

By not voting for McLame ( which I don't intend to do either ), we merely further the agenda. They will smile, and silently thank you for playing along.

That is your peek behind the curtain of Oz for today.

virginiakid
02-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Signed, they may not care, but they will when they lose big in November. Time to take over the GOP!

Jim_Karr
02-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Signed. No. 94 on the list.

nullvalu
02-06-2008, 09:23 AM
petitions are a waste of time.

Please watch this and you'll understand (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958)

MrsG
02-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Signed

nullvalu
02-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Don't you guys get it? This is exactly what the GOP wants! THEY DON'T WANT US.

They'll be more than happy that we don't participate in their party or elections.

I'll tell you how we get back at these fucks, but it will be a whole lot harder than signing a damn petition. We take over the party.

Jim_Karr
02-06-2008, 09:25 AM
petitions are a waste of time.

Please watch this and you'll understand (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958)

We must ehaust all options before we move to the next. When they see we tried then it is their fault for what comes next. They can't say they wasn't warned.

austinchick
02-06-2008, 09:27 AM
ok, you guys. SPELLING POLICE here!!!! lol...

I glanced at the comments on the petition, please try to spell check before posting...we don't want to come off as uneducated crowd, do we? For example 'its' is spelled as 'it's', or 'blatant' is misspelled 'blatent', 'apparent' -'appearant', 'bye-bye' -- 'by by'....etc

nullvalu
02-06-2008, 09:29 AM
We must ehaust all options before we move to the next. When they see we tried then it is their fault for what comes next. They can't say they wasn't warned.

Ugh, you still don't understand. They don't care about threats. They don't even see us as one. Until we stop screwing around on message boards and signing online petitions, they will never care what we say. They don't see us as a threat. We have to make ourselves into a threat, the only way to do this is to get involved. The ONLY way.

Airborn
02-06-2008, 09:36 AM
ok, you guys. SPELLING POLICE here!!!! lol...

I glanced at the comments on the petition, please try to spell check before posting...we don't want to come off as uneducated crowd, do we? For example 'its' is spelled as 'it's', or 'blatant' is misspelled 'blatent', 'apparent' -'appearant', 'bye-bye' -- 'by by'....etc

yes, another thing please no f bombs or any cuss words. I've deleted a couple with "f mccain" as their name, but left those who signed with their name but used cuss words in the comments. No cuss words please!

Airborn
Ugh, you still don't understand. They don't care about threats. They don't even see us as one. Until we stop screwing around on message boards and signing online petitions, they will never care what we say. They don't see us as a threat. We have to make ourselves into a threat, the only way to do this is to get involved. The ONLY way.

:rolleyes: it takes about 10 secs to sign this..

PledgeForPaul
If we want a serious petition like this it should be made on a dedicated site (it could be a modification on what I have up at pledgeforpaul.com), should have the specifics of the signature voted on in the forums, and should include the State of the person signing so the GOP will know exactly how many votes they are losing in each state.

Another idea might be a petition more along the lines of "conservatives against McCain", with a secondary box indicating which GOP candidate you support (and we would all put Ron Paul). If something like this was put up in a hurry I bet the Rush/Ann Coulter/James Dobson/etc crowd would mention it and it may help keep the field divided.

nullvalu
02-06-2008, 09:39 AM
:rolleyes: it takes about 10 secs to sign this..

That is beside the point. All petitions do is make YOU feel better. They accomplish nothing. And until we change our mindsets, that's all we'll ever do - is accomplish nothing.

Airborn
02-06-2008, 10:11 AM
bump

Swmorgan77
02-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Writing a letter to your local GOP will be far more effective.

I suggest calls to the National GOP, and EVERYONE who is in a state where you have already had your primary take the time un un-affiliate today from the party and let your local party headquarters know that you have done so and why.

This can have a dramatic impact on a party that is already hurting badly and faces a resounding defeat in November.

HippyChimp
02-06-2008, 11:16 AM
signed

hillertexas
02-06-2008, 11:18 AM
signed...158 signatures

Airborn
02-06-2008, 02:33 PM
bump 216, need way more then that

Airborn
02-06-2008, 05:42 PM
bumppp 262 signatures

BeFranklin
02-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Message to Republican/GOP: Ron Paul Supporters will not vote for the GOP Nominee come election day for 2008 if it is not Ron Paul. We will write Ron Paul in or vote for Ron Paul if he runs independent/third party.

sign this petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notogop/

After collecting alot of signatures I will email this to every state GOP and send press releases to the Media.

We should only have a grievance that we can rightfully expect an organization to correct unless we want to look like cry babies.

We won't vote for the GOP nomination unless steps are taking to correct the States that changed the rules at the last minute which was cheating and against all party rules and right elections - ie Nevada, Louisiana. Given that, a lot of people would come over to our position, and it would be hard to imagine nothing being done.

justatrey
02-06-2008, 06:13 PM
The main point IMO is letting the GOP know that they have passed up on a huge opportunity by showing no respect for Paul and his platform - specifically with younger voters.

The GOP has had its reputation destroyed thanks to the current administration (as well as people like McCain and Giuliani), and the future of the party does not look good. They desperately need new blood and they are not going to get many to join their party with the other candidates.

I never knew what true conservatism was all about until I listened to Ron Paul describe it. I thought it was about being rich, fighting wars, not giving a damn about the middle class or poor, and pounding the Bible. I have learned through Paul that I am indeed a conservative and never even knew it! There are plenty of others like myself who could possibly stick around with the GOP if they would get their act together, but barring future Ron Paul Republicans I will only be casting one vote for a GOP candidate in my lifetime.

LABELtheTRAITOR
02-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Signed, sealed and delivered!!!!

Paulitician
02-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Dumb

Airborn
02-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Dumb

ok. don't sign it.

300 so far, keep it up

Thomas Paine
02-06-2008, 08:54 PM
The petition will accomplish nothing. It's time to dust off Ronald Reagan's plan to storm the podium like he intended to at the 1976 GOP convention. See this article for details:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/brokered-democratic-convention-would-party/story.aspx?guid=%7BD72DDB4A%2D5C72%2D4DF3%2DB539%2 D9D137582AA69%7D

Jeremy
02-06-2008, 08:58 PM
A petition in writing would work much better

libertythor
02-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Done.

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Bump. Signed. Sealed. Delivered.

Airborn
02-06-2008, 09:04 PM
The petition will accomplish nothing. It's time to dust off Ronald Reagan's plan to storm the podium like he intended to at the 1976 GOP convention. See this article for details:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/brokered-democratic-convention-would-party/story.aspx?guid=%7BD72DDB4A%2D5C72%2D4DF3%2DB539%2 D9D137582AA69%7D

so does mass emailing someone everytime they exclude Ron. It's about sending them the message, whether or not it will accomplish anything. For the time it takes the all the people replying that it will do nothing, they could have signed it. I mean we got nothing to lose doing this...

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Any news on how many signatures so far?

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 09:09 PM
No need for a petition. The GOP will not win with McCain.

Airborn
02-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Any news on how many signatures so far?

312, I was hoping for way more then that.

Also please keep it clean, I had to delete some from "Ron Paul" "fxck Mccain" "Fxck GOP" as signatures

like this one that just poped up, lol

"John Mccain | We'll my friends, go ahead and sign me upppppppp. hujahaha*smile*"

Airborn
02-08-2008, 04:36 AM
461, bumpppp

KevinR
02-08-2008, 05:38 AM

Airborn
02-10-2008, 09:58 AM

Myerz
02-10-2008, 10:05 AM
For all of you who are reading this thread and are actually taking time to write something negative about how online petitions don't work......get a life. You make the comment that probably took 1-2 minutes to think about and write down...guess what... that's how long it takes to sign the petition...so why not just sign it? Why, because your lazy..... but you just wasted you precious energy commenting on this thread..... your the type of person who I saw way too much of......" I'd vote for him if he could actually win". Go away if you do not want to help.

PaultheSaint
02-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Shouldnt they pick a nonminee first?

ShowMeLiberty
02-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Please consider doing this instead (or along with the petition if you've signed it):

http://nowaymccain.com/

:)

Airborn
02-11-2008, 07:56 AM
bump

Cap
02-11-2008, 08:14 AM
bump

PeacePlan
02-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Done and I wrote this letter to my state GOP....

To Whom it May Concern:
I am writing this letter in total disgust in my party backing John McCain as President. If he wins the nomination I will no longer be a Republican. Here is a list of things to consider as you promote this man to be our nominee.

1. He has a consistent pattern of shocking verbal abuse, including screaming profanities, against Senate Republican colleagues who oppose his bills in any way; and

2. He has exercised scandalously poor judgment by intervening with the federal regulators on behalf of Charles H. Keating, Jr. in the Savings and Loan Crisis of the 1980s; and

3. He has worked against the principles of the Republican Party, promoting greatly expanding federal regulatory authority in order to combat global warming in ways that would greatly burden the American economy, contrary to free market forces; and

4. He has fought the Republican Party to create the Patientʼs Bill of Rights, which allowed the government to impose a set of burdensome mandates on insurance coverage; and

5. He has undermined the principles of a free market economy by voting for an amendment that would authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to implement price controls on prescription drugs under Medicare; and

6. He has worked against the Republican Party to make a mockery of the rule of law, promoting amnesty for 20 million illegal immigrants; and

7. He has voted to subvert American Sovereignty by granting consulting rights to Mexico concerning the erection of a southern border fence; and

8. He has undermined the Constitution and opposed the Constitutional duties of the Vice President to break a tie on judicial nominations; and

9. He has worked against Conservative principles, undermining the First Amendment by abridging the free speech of citizens partaking in the political process; and

10. He has consistently led efforts undermining Second Amendment rights by promoting bills which regulate all sales at gun shows; regulations which force gun-owners to purchase trigger locks, making their firearms useless for self-defense; regulations which restrict the legitimate transfer of firearms over the internet; and regulations which extend the restrictions of the Brady bill to pawn shops and gun repair shops; and

11. He has voted to use taxpayer funds to harvest stem cells from human embryos; and

12. He has refused to take immediate and direct action to protect the life of the unborn; he opposes the repeal of Roe v. Wade; and he opposes a constitutional amendment to protect all human life; and

13. He sponsored and voted for a 282% tax increase on cigarettes that would have unconstitutionally violated the First Amendment and increased the size of the federal bureaucracy exponentially by giving the FDA unrestricted control over nicotine; and

14. He supports raising Social Security taxes; and

15. He has broken with the Republican Party in strongly opposing President Bush's tax cuts in 2001 and 2003. He also joined leading Democratic senators in offering and voting for amendments designed to undermine the tax cuts,

I personally have been fighting against this man and what he stands for! Now you want me to support him?. Most recently I have written and called my representatives many times over the amnesty bills this man has been promoting. To say I am mad or angry is not expressive enough of what I am feeling. I have spent the last 25 years voting Republican conservative and backing this party.

If John McCain is our nominee and the Republican party backs him, I am no longer a Republican. I will be ashamed to call my self a Republican.

What happened to small conservative, low taxes, pro life, pro second amendment party I used to belong to..

Sincerely - soon to be an Independent
My Name
My Phone
My Adress

__________________________________________________ ________________

I got most of this info from another post here and sent it to all members that are listed here for my State...

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-11-2008, 08:31 AM
thanks for posting.. +1 signature

speciallyblend
02-11-2008, 08:50 AM
signed,blimp

speciallyblend
02-11-2008, 10:35 AM
bump any petition thread
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notogop/

send the GOP A LOUD AND CLEAR MESSAGE

Itzsoez
02-11-2008, 10:50 AM
signed

Richard in Austin
02-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Signed it.

The way the GOP has treated Ron Paul is inexcusable.

raystone
02-11-2008, 11:02 AM
signed

Itzsoez
02-13-2008, 12:10 AM
bump

RPfan
02-13-2008, 12:22 AM
signed - bump.

CurtisLow
02-13-2008, 01:09 AM
Funny thing is, I think the plan for the GOP is to get Obama in the WH.

May sound strange but when the ex chairman of the Fed Reserve endorse Obama a light comes on...

Airborn
02-14-2008, 03:59 AM
bump

Rhys
02-14-2008, 04:31 AM
this is a great idea. the best way to get action is to say "here's a list of names of people who wont support you if you do this, or who will if you do this."

syborius
02-14-2008, 04:37 AM
this is a great idea. the best way to get action is to say "here's a list of names of people who wont support you if you do this, or who will if you do this."

haha, you got to be kidding me right??

to change anyones mind you would have to get 10 million signatures to at least counter what Mccaniac is getting in the primaries, not to mention what he will get in the general election if he wins the nomination.

Also, since when did petitioning and writing letters, and all of that ever stop your good congress people from breaching their oath of office? Well, let me remind you people.

NEVER!!

Airborn
02-14-2008, 04:40 AM

to change anyones mind you would have to get 10 million signatures to at least counter what Mccaniac is getting in the primaries, not to mention what he will get in the general election if he wins the nomination.

Also, since when did petitioning and writing letters, and all of that ever stop your good congress people from breaching their oath of office? Well, let me remind you people.

NEVER!!

No one is saying it will change anything, it's about getting our voice heard, do you think a march in DC is going to change anything? No, but we need to let them hear our voice

Rhys
02-14-2008, 04:42 AM

NEVER!!

lol damn. a little enegergetic, are we?

we'll continue our political action, because it's all adding up.

syborius
02-14-2008, 04:48 AM
For all of you who are reading this thread and are actually taking time to write something negative about how online petitions don't work......get a life. You make the comment that probably took 1-2 minutes to think about and write down...guess what... that's how long it takes to sign the petition...so why not just sign it? Why, because your lazy..... but you just wasted you precious energy commenting on this thread..... your the type of person who I saw way too much of......" I'd vote for him if he could actually win". Go away if you do not want to help.

Wrong, navigating an army of people to do something fruitless is ill-conceived at best, and naive at worst. In the case of many here that love the idea of petitions...I sometimes question your sanity.

How about you petition Esser to count all the votes in WA for an idea, or better yet, organize a real revolution for a change. What about the 68 to 29 vote to uphold the illegal-warrant less searches that the senate just passed. What about that? These people do not care about you, they never did, and they never will. This is a blatant assault on your liberties, and you want to spend your time signing petitions? The people here need to know the truth, and need to be angry, otherwise we will all be serfs soon.

syborius
02-14-2008, 04:53 AM
you good people need to watch this:
http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/videos/video.cfm?&player=An_Idea_Whose_Time_Has_Come

let it seep in deep

Fields
02-14-2008, 04:54 AM
Airborn, maybe you should elaborate a little more with the letter. Make it more formal that we are fed up. Maybe even print it out along with the list and deliver it to all the state GOPs and National Headquarters so they ALL know.

PeacePlans letter above is great.

hawks4ronpaul
02-14-2008, 05:14 AM
I hope the GOP does not use this list to prevent the signers from becoming delegates.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

syborius
02-14-2008, 05:34 AM
I hope the GOP does not use this list to prevent the signers from becoming delegates.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

another excellent point. Maybe we should add that to the petition. Please do not use this list to detect our delegates and freedom fighters because that is unethical, and we will consider you all bad people for doing this to our movement.

Fields
02-14-2008, 05:37 AM
another excellent point. Maybe we should add that to the petition. Please do not use this list to detect our delegates and freedom fighters because that is unethical, and we will consider you all bad people for doing this to our movement.

I think that might only give them the idea to do that. I also doubt that they CAN do that anyways.

syborius
02-14-2008, 05:47 AM
I think that might only give them the idea to do that. I also doubt that they CAN do that anyways.

oh boy.....