PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson imitates ROn Paul

aknappjr
08-08-2007, 05:17 PM
http://www.imwithfred.com/Principles/PrinciplesSummary.aspx?View=Federalism

Wow.

1000-points-of-fright
08-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Well, if he really believes all that maybe Ron will let him be vice president or maybe a cabinet position like secretary of education.:rolleyes:

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 05:28 PM

constituent
08-08-2007, 07:11 PM
you can but the last time that happened...

well, out came the dogs (here and there)

propanes
08-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Looks like the FT focus group found the freedom message is popular.

Johnnybags
08-08-2007, 07:19 PM
than a street bum, Larry Flint probably has him by the shorties. I cannot wait for that blithering idiot to open his mouth without a teleprompter or microchip implanted in his head. He is not what he appears on TV and when the net gets a hold of his wifes backround and his, he will be gonzo.

PatriotOne
08-08-2007, 07:26 PM
LOL...he's nothing but a cheap imitation of RP. Might as well have "Made in China" stamped on his forehead. He will never be able to sell that in public.

Kregener
08-08-2007, 07:29 PM
If Ron Paul has his way, there will be no "Department of Education".

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 07:31 PM

SWATH
08-08-2007, 07:41 PM
In more ways than one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/twogunkitten/t-shirt.jpg

Mesogen
08-08-2007, 08:10 PM
That shirt had me LOLing!

1000-points-of-fright
08-08-2007, 08:16 PM
If Ron Paul has his way, there will be no "Department of Education".

Yes, and therein lies the joke.:rolleyes:

remaxjon
08-08-2007, 08:34 PM
If Dr Paul wasn't running

Fred would = the lesser of two evils:mad:

Spirit of '76
08-08-2007, 08:45 PM
http://www.imwithfred.com/Principles/PrinciplesSummary.aspx?View=Federalism

He's immitating him in more ways than just that.

Look at the website. He actually hired the Bivings Group to study Ron Paul's "strategy" and attempt to use it to emulate his success.

He's just George Bush in Ron Paul's clothing. It's frightening.

You can leave comments on his Youtube unless he adds you as a "friend", so there's no criticizing him there. For now, you can comment on his Flickr photos, but once the criticism starts piling up, he'll lock it down too.

What's the matter, Fred? Can't take the heat?

crashing_sux
08-09-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm shocked that everyone seems so negative about this. I see this as an incredibly good sign. FT spouting the same message as Paul only serves as validation in the eyes of the American people. Think in marketing terms, a competitor isn't always a bad sign, it serves as a sign to people that this is a real market because more than one person wants in. Just imagine in the next debate if instead of Paul standing alone and only getting 4 minutes to spread the message we all hold so dear, that Paul and FT are both spreading the message, with a total of over 10 minutes of talking time.

There are many people who may like what Paul says but think it's too "out there" or not realistic. Having a mainstream candidate jump in and spread the same message makes it more approachable, and once Paul and FT have both managed to spread the mesage of freedom to the public all that will be left is for people to decide who will best represent them. In that, Paul's record will serve him well. FT will not take votes from Paul, but once FT has taken votes from other candidates, Paul will be able to take those votes from FT as people learn that FT's message is good, but he is not a trustworthy person to deliver on those promises. Additionally, while people here don't like a polished delivery of the Obama or Romney type the average American does value that and FT delivers. Sure, maybe it's his years of acting experience, or his speech writers but FT does do a fine job of explaining the value of states rights in the video on his web page, do any of you think it's a bad thing that more people understand the importance of the constitution or the 10th ammendment?

This is very, very good knews.

crashing_sux
08-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Come to think of it, I wouldn't even mind if FT and Paul were on the same ticket, with Paul there to keep him honest and FT using his great public speaking skills. It's not my first choice, but it would get my vote.

Spirit of '76
08-09-2007, 08:19 AM
You have got to be kidding.

If there were any chance at all that he actually means what he says -- or if he even knows what it means -- that'd be one thing, but the fact is that he's just reading Ron Paul's ideas from a script in order to act as an establishment foil.

He's there to take the wind of Ron Paul's sails by allowing people who would otherwise be attracted to Ron Paul's message to channel their support into a "mainstream" candidate. Fred Thompson has absolutely no intention of upholding any of what he says in this regard; his miserable record proves it.

crashing_sux
08-10-2007, 02:09 AM
I don't need FT to mean what he says, he could be lying through his teach, if he's one more guy out there talking up the constitution and states rights I'm all for it. You underestimate Ron Paul to think that a weak carbon copy will steal his votes, all he will do is get more people thinking about the issues Ron Paul really supports, instead of just pays lip service to.

A slightly related example from my personal experience. I work for a small software company that has the first decent program in our niche. We had no competitors except paper three years back. All of the sudden a couple of years ago a couple of other companies popped up trying to fill the same niche. The first thing we did was panic, thinking "Oh no, we've lost our first to market advantage and now we're going to be losing customers to these new guys." It never happened, what did happen is our business took off. They validated the market. People used to say "I don't know, I've been using a pen and paper for a while now and it works well enough, I don't think software can really solve our problems right now." to "I see everyone is wanting to automate this year, and you look like the best company to do it". We have ended up with many new customers who initially saw our competitors advertisements first, looked into their software and realized while the message was good, they couldn't really deliver on their promises, once they heard the message and wanted a solution they started searching for better alternatives and end up finding us.

I can see the same thing happening hear. People thinking, everywhere I go I keep hearing about limited government, states rights, the constitution still being relevant, but this Thompson guy seems like a phony. Where can I find someone who will actually try to deliver on this wonderful message? Ron Paul.

I just had a coworker today come up to me and say he finally checked out Ron Paul and he immediately felt that he had finally found an honest politician. FT will never have that.

Spirit of '76
08-10-2007, 11:01 AM
I pray you're right. :)

Cowlesy
08-10-2007, 11:10 AM
I think we should just let the democrats and other republican candidates work on Fred Thompson...I'm sure they're already discussing strategy. Getting Dr. Paul's message out is focus # 1 here.