PDA

View Full Version : RP needs to run for Governor.

mcgraw_wv
02-06-2008, 06:16 AM
I think it's time to admit he's not going anywhere in this race. brokered or not, he's not winning anything. Campaign staff dropped the ball, and failed to execute a strong media MSM campaign.

However, what better way to show RP's message in action than turning Texas into a low tax, small government state that respects freedoms.

As a governor, he would have the power to fight federal laws, fight taxes, and show america that a way to have an amazing economy and a great way of life is to institute his small gov, low taxes government in Texas.

If it works, other states will follow, if it doesn't he goes quietly into history. He should take his remaining funds and run for Governor of Texas. It is something I would support with my money, and perhaps open the idea of moving to Texas if this were to happen.

MN Patriot
02-06-2008, 06:21 AM
No, he needs to run as a third party candidate and keep spreading the message to the people. For now keep running as a Republican to stay in the media's attention, but in a month or two switch to the Libertarian Party and run with 450+ LP congressional candidates so our ideas can keep getting repeated until November.

Proctor
02-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Of New York. Spitzer sucks and should be impeached soon anyways.

mcgraw_wv
02-06-2008, 07:00 AM
No, he needs to run as a third party candidate and keep spreading the message to the people. For now keep running as a Republican to stay in the media's attention, but in a month or two switch to the Libertarian Party and run with 450+ LP congressional candidates so our ideas can keep getting repeated until November.

I see that is working perfectly...

KevinDW78
02-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Ugh, I don't wanna move to Texas. Can't Ron Paul be governor somewhere coastal?

mcgraw_wv
02-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Ugh, I don't wanna move to Texas. Can't Ron Paul be governor somewhere coastal?

Texas, actually... has more coast line than any state other than maybe Alaska, and Cali... Maybe Florida has more too... not sure.

I wouldn't want to move to Texas either, but I think he needs to show the Country how to run a state.

ronpvoter
02-06-2008, 07:44 AM
This will make you happy about those who actually get PAID to help him get elected:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE2QSX5WrtI

If it were not for the Grassroots, then his numbers might actually be LOWER than some of the candidates that have already dropped out. I'm willing to move to any state that would elect him governor under the condition that none of his state cabinet member names match those on his paid Presidential campaign staff.

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Campaign staff dropped the ball, and failed to execute a strong media MSM campaign.

This much I totally agree with. However he should continue to aim for the oval office - once he fires his campaign manager and his entire staff and hires a group of people with an imagination and no axes to grind.

archangel689
02-06-2008, 09:46 AM
He could stop the texas corridor

JR from Texas
02-06-2008, 09:48 AM
As a governor, he would have the power to fight federal laws, fight taxes, and show america that a way to have an amazing economy and a great way of life is to institute his small gov, low taxes government in Texas.

McGraw, Kinky Freidman supports those issues and is running for governor again in Texas. Ron Paul is better served to continue providing congressional leadership and campaign for Kinky. Otherwise he could easily tick off his congressional district as an opportunist and lose any effectiveness.

mokkan88
02-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Ron Paul wouldn't win Texas. He's against the death penalty.

Matt Collins
02-06-2008, 10:37 AM
No - Senate

mcgraw_wv
02-06-2008, 10:45 AM
McGraw, Kinky Freidman supports those issues and is running for governor again in Texas. Ron Paul is better served to continue providing congressional leadership and campaign for Kinky. Otherwise he could easily tick off his congressional district as an opportunist and lose any effectiveness.

Kinky will never win an election....

Ron would.

SilentBull
02-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Why would you want him to leave the federal government?? It makes no sense.