PDA

View Full Version : We must stop the H.R 1955 Bill! Remember its still in the waiting

Give me liberty
02-06-2008, 06:13 AM
http://www.newwest.net/topic/article/the_homegrown_terrorism_prevention_act_more_anti_w estern_muck/C37/L37/

The Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act must be stopped at any costs
keep your leaders, dont stop.

If ron paul doesnt win, we will press forward and warn the people about this

bill. NO MATTER WHAT.

Ira Aten
02-06-2008, 08:02 AM
I have been screaming about it for months, but guess what "my friend".

We must keep up the struggle against "extremists" my friend. And my friend, if you think the U.S. government is gonna let you get away with forming a political thought which they don't like "my friend", then our new friend John McCain, the "true conservative" who wants to keep the bad guys from stealing our freedoms, will throw your ass in jail for saying a WORD about this great, patriotic bill. My friend. Can't you see how persuading someone through "force" of ideas, is terroristic, my firend?

Redcard
02-06-2008, 08:13 AM
It's dead in committee with no votes or hearings on the calender. It's gone. I suspect they'll table it, and then the bill dies.

Pete
02-06-2008, 09:13 AM
It's dead in committee with no votes or hearings on the calender. It's gone. I suspect they'll table it, and then the bill dies.

Amazing, seeing as it sailed through the House. I can't believe the House passed this POS.

IowaGarrett
02-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Thank you for alerting me to this peice of crap. RP votes it down. Amen. No surprise there.

I like this quote, including the bills definition of homegrow terrorism...

“The term ‘homegrown terrorism’ means the use, planned use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual born, raised, or based and operating primarily within the United States or any possession of the United States to intimidate or coerce the United States government, the civilian population of the United States, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.”

That definition, oddly enough, fits the modus operandi of the federal government. What the bill objects to is anybody else using the government’s tactics of intimidation or coercion.

IowaGarrett
02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Went right through in my state of Iowa. I guess if I draw a blank at the voting booth, I will just remember to vote down the incumbents.

Amazing, seeing as it sailed through the House. I can't believe the House passed this POS.

Dieseler
02-06-2008, 02:27 PM
“The term ‘homegrown terrorism’ means the use, planned use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual born, raised, or based and operating primarily within the United States or any possession of the United States to intimidate or coerce the United States government, the civilian population of the United States, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.”

The problem in the wording of the bill, as explained to me is at the point of

"of force or violence"

If force is not violence, then what is it?
Which definition of force would they be implying?

FORCE
1. The capacity to do work or cause physical change; energy, strength, or active power: the force of an explosion.
a. Power made operative against resistance; exertion: use force in driving a nail.
b. The use of physical power or violence to compel or restrain: a confession obtained by force.
a. Intellectual power or vigor, especially as conveyed in writing or speech.
b. Moral strength.
c. A capacity for affecting the mind or behavior; efficacy: the force of logical argumentation.
d. One that possesses such capacity: the forces of evil.
a. A body of persons or other resources organized or available for a certain purpose: a large labor force.
b. A person or group capable of influential action: a retired senator who is still a force in national politics.
a. Military strength.
b. The entire military strength, as of a nation. Often used in the plural.
c. A unit of a nation's military personnel, especially one deployed into combat: Our forces have at last engaged the enemy.
6. Law Legal validity.
7. Physics A vector quantity that tends to produce an acceleration of a body in the direction of its application.
8. Baseball A force play.

Seems they had possibly intended to pull a force play on us.

Heracles
02-06-2008, 02:31 PM

That's only because the Democrats know the political fall out this will bring to the campaigns of Obama and Clinton. I would love to see those two vote on this bill.

Their supporters have been condemning this bill for months. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they simply turned around and said it was all fine and dandy once their candidate voted "Yes" on it.

Ira Aten
02-06-2008, 04:30 PM
REgarding Redcards statement:

Well, the "Disarm a Veteran Act" passed after huge opposition.
And the Amensty bill almost passed, but was defeated ONLY after we began raising hell about it.

NAFTA wasn't lawfully passed (Article II, Sec. II regarding treaty authorization) but was allowed via simple majority after the Supreme Court disregarded Article VI of the Constitution.

Man, don't ever think evil is dead. We must raise hell about it in order to keep it from resurfacing. I mean, gosh, we have the Patriot act, the Military Commissions Act, the John Warner Defense Authorization Act, and all manner of crap slipped in on us.

They are as crooked as a dogs hind leg.