PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Number?

Staupostek
02-06-2008, 06:09 AM
This morning the numbers I am seeing from Minnesota show that Ron Paul got somewhere in the neighborhood of 9,000 to 10,000 votes. I seem to remember a few days ago that over 4000 people showed up at a rally for Ron Paul in Minneapolis. So, does this mean that nearly half of all the people in MN that voted for RP showed up at this one rally? Has anyone ever heard of half of a politician's supporters showing up at one rally in a state as large as MN? These numbers just seemed a little strange to me. Can anyone explain this?

MN Patriot
02-06-2008, 06:46 AM
The votes were only from people who attended the caucuses. Most people don't bother attending. So just about everyone who went to the rally at the U were also going to the caucuses, and voted for Ron there.

I didn't attend the rally myself, but I voted for Ron in the straw poll. And I am a delegate to the BPOU which matters the most, hopefully there is a disproportionate number of Ron Paul supporters going to the next level of the campaign.

Staupostek
02-06-2008, 07:19 AM
The votes were only from people who attended the caucuses. Most people don't bother attending. So just about everyone who went to the rally at the U were also going to the caucuses, and voted for Ron there.

I didn't attend the rally myself, but I voted for Ron in the straw poll. And I am a delegate to the BPOU which matters the most, hopefully there is a disproportionate number of Ron Paul supporters going to the next level of the campaign.

Thanks for the explaination and for your work.