PDA

View Full Version : *IMPORTANT!* - Strategy to win the nomination.

tangent4ronpaul
02-06-2008, 05:36 AM
We can win this nomination through a brokered convention but need to be in a better position delegate wise, to do it. A post by bcreps85 in http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113466&page=2 (post 12) got me to thinking:

“...there are more than 20 states left, and we are the only ones with any money left. After Super Tuesday everyone else just plans to coast through on momentum...as far as everyone else knows the races are pretty much over after tonight. The MSM will crown McCain as king and everyone will just assume he has nothing to worry about after tonight. No reason to stop now.”

Considering our strengths and weaknesses, we are in a better position now than for previous primaries and caucuses.

We are weak when we have to depend on the MSN to get the message out. Cramming all the super Tuesday states together makes us very dependent on the coverage whey will give us and minimizes our superior grassroots support. People can't help other states when their own state has a primary the same day. We have a lot of support, but swarming spread out primaries gives us a force multiplier the other campaigns don't have.

Strengths:

Our numbers.
Our ability to raise money via money bombs
Our support structure (artists, video, bands, tech ppl, etc.)
Our infrastructure (communication problems make this a disadvantage too)
Left over materials
Contact lists of supporters
We have established networks and have experience.
Geography
The precinct leader campaign has been very successful at raising our poll numbers. The problem is that we have so few precincts covered. If we did it right, we could cover all the precincts. That's how we can win. Well, at least get us to convention with a good chance.

We have had some very successful projects in the past that we should emulate. Right now, people are working on a more or less every state for themselves basis for the remaining states. My proposal is to bring back the regional coalitions concept, like we did in Iowa. Do one for each grouping of states on a particular date.

For each:

Have a mini-moneybomb to help fund it as well as chipins for projects.
Set up a Operation NH / Live Free or Die for housing and feeding supporters from the next states.
Coordinate regular Meetups (every weekend or longer) for supporters in the neighboring states to come and help canvas/lit drop/phone bank/GOTV.
Set up a state HQ if there is not one already there.
Arrange with neighboring states, the collection and transfer of surplus material.

Make this a deliberate process. Make sure every one of those and probably others are covered.

These are the groupings of states on the same date. I suggest we set up a project and form regional coalitions for each. The territories we'd have to look at, single states on a date we might want to group into a project with another date(s) :

02/09/2008GuamRepublican
02/09/2008KansasRepublican
02/09/2008LouisianaRepublican

02/12/2008DistrictofColumbiaRepublican
02/12/2008MarylandRepublican
02/12/2008VirginiaRepublican

02/19/2008WashingtonRepublican
02/19/2008WisconsinRepublican

02/23/2008American SamoaRepublican
02/23/2008Virgin IslandsRepublican
02/24/2008PuertoRicoRepublican

03/04/2008OhioRepublican
03/04/2008RhodeIslandRepublican
03/04/2008TexasRepublican
03/04/2008VermontRepublican

03/11/2008MississippiRepublican

04/22/2008PennsylvaniaRepublican

05/06/2008IndianaRepublican
05/06/2008NorthCarolinaRepublican

05/13/2008NebraskaRepublican

05/20/2008KentuckyRepublican
05/20/2008OregonRepublican

05/27/2008IdahoRepublican

06/03/2008New MexicoRepublican
06/03/2008South DakotaRepublican

Start working actively a month before each states primary or caucus if we have that much time. Start early. This campaign has track record of doing things at the last minute.

I believe you have to go back 2 weeks to get something on TV - that's handing them the media and money. Go back at least a week, ideally a month for fund raising, etc. You have to plan ahead. Work precincts for the month leading up to the election, if possible.

Yes, it's all “obvious” and “common sense”, but the difference is doing it.

-n

fireinme
02-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Why have so many started giving up? It is not over yet. You hate all the sheeple but are you one of them?

oz in SC
02-06-2008, 08:31 AM
I lurk here but your post made me respond.

We should ALL be in this for the long haul,this is OUR country we are talking about.

We should be willing to do whatever we can and not give up hope.

Delegates to the state conventions are what matter and it seems in that sense the campaign is doing well or much better than anyone gives it credit for.

The longer the campaign keeps going the fewer candidates stay in,look at how many 'serious candidates' have dropped by the wayside already.

As long as the PEOPLE who support Ron Paul stay true there is always hope.

Is the media against him,of course.

Should we keep whining about how unfair it is,NO!!!

Such is life and lets do what WE can to get the word out.

People do listen and if given the actual facts Ron Paul has GREAT ideas due to his firm belief in the Constitution and its role in governing this land.

Anyway good post.:D

Shink
02-06-2008, 08:39 AM
This is being portrayed, of course, as a done deal, but it is not. Twenty more opportunities!!! All we need is a small handful of those states to make it to a brokered convention.

colin1
02-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Fair enough, but why is no one talking about the fact that the money's dried up? What's going on? We've been around $5 million for a few days now. Can't we get any juice going? If the fundraising doesn't pick up how are we going to continue ad buys?

shooter_tx
02-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Fair enough, but why is no one talking about the fact that the money's dried up? What's going on? We've been around $5 million for a few days now. Can't we get any juice going? If the fundraising doesn't pick up how are we going to continue ad buys?
Nearly $8M CoH with no debt certainly helps.

http://www.npr.org/news/specials/election2008/cashfeb5.html

It doesn't seem like he spent a lot on Super Tuesday, so I don't know that the number goes down much today.

Bradley in DC
02-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Great post Tangent!

ambiguousscion
02-06-2008, 09:29 AM
The Revolution continues on...

RonPaulFTFW
02-06-2008, 09:33 AM
The problem is how can we convince people to vote for Paul in states that are coming up?

How can we raise money with no real victories?

Even our second places didn't yield anything.

I hate to be a wet blanket here but we must face facts and focus on Paul's congressional run.

blakjak
02-06-2008, 12:45 PM
The problem is how can we convince people to vote for Paul in states that are coming up?

He is definitely in the "i would vote, him but he can't win" department now. This is the main hurdle - and I doubt we can overcome it - any suggestions?

RonPaulFTFW
02-06-2008, 12:47 PM
You can turn some people... a lot of people.
maybe thousands.

But not 30,000.
or 100,000.

we just don't have the tools.

VaderM5
02-06-2008, 01:28 PM
He is definitely in the "i would vote, him but he can't win" department now. This is the main hurdle - and I doubt we can overcome it - any suggestions?
Realistically we need one good showing now, and maybe a little media coverage. :rolleyes:

tangent4ronpaul
02-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Yes, we need to throw everything we've got at some of there upcoming primaries and I see no reason we can't win one of the states happening soon with some organization and cooperation.

-n

J Free
02-07-2008, 12:28 AM

This race is now down to two people. McCain and anti-McCain.

Romney is not fighting for a cause. He is looking for a job. There is a serious question about how much of his own money he is going to throw down the hole.

Huckster is out of money and has no chance of expanding his base or appealing to independents. He is looking for 2012.

Ron Paul offers true fiscal conservatism and true social conservatism. His stance on the war and foreign policy will help in the general election even if it hurts to get the nomination. Nevertheless, he IS likely to be the last man standing to be the anti-McCain. A vote for him ensures that the battle continues. A vote for anyone else WILL be a waste because McCain will then win.

Every voter faces only this choice now. McCain or anti-McCain.

Blast McCain with everything you've got. Let Ron Paul fill the vacuum.

tangent4ronpaul
02-16-2008, 06:02 AM
blimp!

Working Poor
02-16-2008, 06:15 AM
Ron Paul is the best!!

Please boycott all products advertised by MSM news shows. Hit them in the wallet so they can feel us. Buy generic!