PDA

View Full Version : *IMPORTANT!* - Strategy to win the nomination.

tangent4ronpaul
02-06-2008, 05:25 AM
We can win this nomination through a brokered convention but need to be in a better position delegate wise, to do it. A post by bcreps85 in http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113466&page=2 (post 12) got me to thinking:

“...there are more than 20 states left, and we are the only ones with any money left. After Super Tuesday everyone else just plans to coast through on momentum...as far as everyone else knows the races are pretty much over after tonight. The MSM will crown McCain as king and everyone will just assume he has nothing to worry about after tonight. No reason to stop now.”

Considering our strengths and weaknesses, we are in a better position now than for previous primaries and caucuses.

We are weak when we have to depend on the MSN to get the message out. Cramming all the super Tuesday states together makes us very dependent on the coverage whey will give us and minimizes our superior grassroots support. People can't help other states when their own state has a primary the same day. We have a lot of support, but swarming spread out primaries gives us a force multiplier the other campaigns don't have.

Strengths:

Our numbers.
Our ability to raise money via money bombs
Our support structure (artists, video, bands, tech ppl, etc.)
Our infrastructure (communication problems make this a disadvantage too)
Left over materials
Contact lists of supporters
We have established networks and have experience.
Geography
The precinct leader campaign has been very successful at raising our poll numbers. The problem is that we have so few precincts covered. If we did it right, we could cover all the precincts. That's how we can win. Well, at least get us to convention with a good chance.

We have had some very successful projects in the past that we should emulate. Right now, people are working on a more or less every state for themselves basis for the remaining states. My proposal is to bring back the regional coalitions concept, like we did in Iowa. Do one for each grouping of states on a particular date.

For each:

Have a mini-moneybomb to help fund it as well as chipins for projects.
Set up a Operation NH / Live Free or Die for housing and feeding supporters from the next state.
Coordinate regular Meetups (every weekend or longer) for supporters in the neighboring states to come and help canvas/lit drop/phone bank/GOTV.
Set up a state HQ if there is not one already there.
Arrange with neighboring states, the collection and transfer of surplus material.

Make this a deliberate process. Make sure every one of those and probably others are covered.

These are the groupings of states on the same date. I suggest we set up a project and form regional coalitions for each. The territories we'd have to look at, single states on a date we might want to group into a project with another date(s) :

02/09/2008GuamRepublican
02/09/2008KansasRepublican
02/09/2008LouisianaRepublican

02/12/2008DistrictofColumbiaRepublican
02/12/2008MarylandRepublican
02/12/2008VirginiaRepublican

02/19/2008WashingtonRepublican
02/19/2008WisconsinRepublican

02/23/2008American SamoaRepublican
02/23/2008Virgin IslandsRepublican
02/24/2008PuertoRicoRepublican

03/04/2008OhioRepublican
03/04/2008RhodeIslandRepublican
03/04/2008TexasRepublican
03/04/2008VermontRepublican

03/11/2008MississippiRepublican

04/22/2008PennsylvaniaRepublican

05/06/2008IndianaRepublican
05/06/2008NorthCarolinaRepublican

05/13/2008NebraskaRepublican

05/20/2008KentuckyRepublican
05/20/2008OregonRepublican

05/27/2008IdahoRepublican

06/03/2008New MexicoRepublican
06/03/2008South DakotaRepublican

Yes, it's all “obvious” and “common sense”, but the difference is doing it.

-n

tangent4ronpaul
02-06-2008, 05:34 AM
oh yeah! - start working actively a month before each states primary or caucus if we have that much time. Start early. This campaign has track record of doing things at the last minute.

I believe you have to go back 2 weeks to get something on TV - that's handing them the media and money. Go back at least a week, ideally a month for fundraising, etc. You have to plan ahead. Work precincts for the month leading up to the election, if possible.

-n

RageAgainstDC
02-06-2008, 06:42 AM
how are we the only ones with any money left? i though the campaign had some "secret plan" to save all the money (the excuse for losing the early states) to go full-bore on super tuesday states? personally, if i find out that every damn penny of that money wasn't spent on super tuesday states i'm going to be pissed. we didn't donate 30+ million dollars to lose. continuing with a republican primary after yesterday is a ridiculous idea. it's abso-friggin-lutely nuts to think that we're going to somehow turn this thing around with 20 states to go. brokered convention? only if mccain doesn't secure it first, and even then we'd have to convince a bunch of pro-war neocons that ron is their man. not gonna happen. that campaign better as hell be broke. if not then everything they're spending from here on out is wasted money.

tangent4ronpaul
02-06-2008, 07:35 AM
The campaign spokesman stated that they intended to spend every penny on 2/5.

But maybe they were lying and the real strategy was to spend token amounts on 2/5 while letting the opposition spill their load. Then be in a superior possition for the latter states.

I have certainly NOT seen reports indicating that they spent anywhere near what they claimed to on super Tuesday.

-n

utrunner07
02-06-2008, 07:44 AM
The campaign spokesman stated that they intended to spend every penny on 2/5.

But maybe they were lying and the real strategy was to spend token amounts on 2/5 while letting the opposition spill their load. Then be in a superior possition for the latter states.

I have certainly NOT seen reports indicating that they spent anywhere near what they claimed to on super Tuesday.

-n
Im not sure the campaign has much of a plan or idea as to what its doing. I support Ron Paul but this campaign needs to be revamped, IMO.

tangent4ronpaul
02-06-2008, 09:26 PM
blimp

Bradley in DC
02-06-2008, 10:52 PM
No time to slack off!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114317