PDA

View Full Version : getting votes at the polls without offending anybody!

eleganz
02-06-2008, 04:55 AM
Too bad I thought of this after Super Tuesday but will definitely work with the rest of the primaries that are coming up.

Today I was at the polls voting and really wanted to tell everybody at the voting station to vote Ron Paul but I didn't want to get into any heated political debates. There is a way around this issue! Suppose you were to receive a phone call from a close friend and the phone coversation goes something like this:

*cell phone rings*

1: hello
2: hey what's up, where you at?
3: Hey, nothing much, I'm just here at the local polls submitting my vote
4: oh really? who are you voting for?
5: who am I voting for? are you kidding!? Ron Paul of course!
6: oh, why?
7: why? why not!?

and this is where you touch upon all of RP's points and policies depending on what type of crowd you are currently with. You'd definitely have to be a good actor as most likely you'll be talking to nobody and your body language and verbal communication would have to be clear and good so people can't take their eyes and ears off of you while you stealthily make them vote for Ron Paul.

This would be the most best, non-offensive way to effectively inform other voters without them really knowing that you're trying to sway their decision at the polls. As we all know, Americans can't keep their business to themselves so they will listen to your phone conversations, especially if it is loud enough (but not too loud).

This works only with the crowd that you are currently with but you could set up different locations and different times for RP supporters to come in and pull the same tactic.

Any opinions or suggestions on which points to bring up or how to make this more of an effective strategy are more than welcome!

Danny Molina
02-06-2008, 05:18 AM
Guns and uniforms work best.