PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL Win our first state in WASHINGTON! thread

free.alive
02-06-2008, 04:16 AM
We have a ton of supporters here and we're organized.

Lew Moore, the campaign manager is FROM here.

We have campaign staff that work closely with the volunteers!

We have a great hq with lots of volunteers and tons of materials.

We have tons of things for local supporters and out of state supporters to do!

PLEASE, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

We can get our first win in WA, but we NEED you to make it a reality!

free.alive
02-06-2008, 04:18 AM
Viva la Revolucion!!!

The election continues on.

All eyes are on Washington. This WILL BE the turning point for us in the campaign, and by turning point, I mean we will win, showing the world we CAN win.

We MUST win Washington!

Also, hopefully either we or McMurder win Kansas so Fee-Fee and Huckster drop out, which would put us directly against McCain.

free.alive
02-06-2008, 04:19 AM
Before you do ANYTHING else......
Ask youself -

"Will this get Ron Paul any votes?"

Things I don't think will qualify:

Quitting.
Sit-ins at news networks.
Blathering about running independent or third party.
Complaining about the campaign.
Spreading vote-fraud conspiracy theories.
Refusing to donate.
Refusing to canvass.

free.alive
02-06-2008, 04:20 AM
What will get votes?

Calling every campaign member and meetup organizer in Washington or Kansas and finding out how you can help. Forget about Maryland, D.C. and Virginia for now. Forget about Texas until Sunday.

WE MUST WIN A STATE AND SOON. WASHINGTON HAS BEEN OUR BEST CHANCE ALL ALONG.

Now that most of the states our out of the way and all the rest will get less voter turnout, less media attention and are farther apart, we can focus the entirety of our grassroots effort on one or two states.

Washington has far greater prospects for a Ron Paul victory than Kansas, and the national grassroots helping us out could put us over the edge!

PLEASE HELP US!!!!!

Rhys
02-06-2008, 04:20 AM
help with what? fly me out there and I'll canvas all day for ya. :P

aside from that.... what'cha got?

free.alive
02-06-2008, 04:21 AM
The Hucksters are coming out of nowhere, and the churches remain ominously quiet.

The Mormons are suddenly getting organized and Romney signs are popping up.

And you already know that all the law&order types will all fall for McCain.

Ron Paul supporters are beginning to doubt given all the disappointments across the country.

However, YOU....that's right - YOU, can make THE difference. HELP US! We're close, and you can push us over the edge to OUR FIRST VICTORY!

free.alive
02-06-2008, 04:22 AM
Start Helping Washington...now! (caucus is Saturday 2/9)

Can you call? - pm me. (Call4Paul???)

Can you canvass at all? Then do it and go here (http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/). If you need materials go to campaign hq in the Seattle U District or contact any one of the many, many Meetup organizers.

Are you from out of state and want to help out? Go to ronpaulwa.com and contact the hq.

Also, you can join the Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver or Bellevue meetups and ask the organizer to post a request for you for temporary housing. There are a few cheap hostels in Seattle for those willing to travel on a shoestring.

King County (Seattle, Bellevue) needs your help!

Pierce County (Tacoma) needs your help!

Snohomish County (Everett) needs your help!

Spokane County needs your help!

Also, Thurston (Olympia), Lewis, Clark (Vancouver), Mason, Kitsap, Whatcom, Benton (Tri-Cities), Skagit, Yakima, Chelan...

We have a TON of supporters! But we need to reignite them because the national disappointments may be keeping them home. Please help reignite them in these last few days!

Please post this to your meetups and all over.

And pm me if you're serious about calling.

eleganz
02-06-2008, 04:26 AM
good luck everybody in Washington and don't forget about the neccessity of DELEGATES! get all of your delegates situated which is the main priority!

free.alive
02-06-2008, 04:29 AM
No eleganz,

this post is about convincing YOU to help us out!

Please, please, pretty please. Think of one thing you can do between now and Friday, even if it is to just post the link to this thread on your local meetup group.

Really, we need the national numbers of RP supporters on deck!

Conza88
02-06-2008, 05:03 AM
This is FTW! :D

Pauls' Revere
02-06-2008, 05:06 AM
GO WASHINGTON! Never say Die!

dblee
02-06-2008, 05:06 AM
Raaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

free.alive
02-06-2008, 12:21 PM
This is THE ONLY WAY FORWARD!

free.alive
02-06-2008, 12:21 PM
what does "ftw" mean?

Jae0
02-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Go Washington!

Jae0
02-06-2008, 12:23 PM
what does "ftw" mean?

For the win

Mordan
02-06-2008, 12:25 PM
that's is the spirit!!! Focus attention on a state and win it! Lick our wounds and fight for the 20 remaining states.

RonRules
02-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Concentrate on OLDER republican voters. DO JUST THAT and you MAY have a chance.

humanic
02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
I live on the east coast... tell me how I can help out and I'll do my best (other than send money-- I'm broke).

tomveil
02-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Lots of great things have been going on in Washington here over the last few months. We've seen what's gone right and wrong in other places, and we're adjusting the strategy accordingly. WA has been a "blue" state as far as I can remember, with the Anti-Bush crowd VERY large. People here are open-minded and politically aware. Plus, with the split-system that we have, the sheeple think all the voting is done with the primary, and don't even know there's a caucus too. (I didn't until this year!)

I don't want to get anybody's hopes too high, but your help really would be appreciated. We think we can make a difference here now that Super Tuesday is done. (Especially if Romney drops out!!!)

Phantom
02-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Good luck Washington

free.alive
02-06-2008, 02:40 PM
bump

we need more than wishes of good luck. We need the movement to focus here!

free.alive
02-06-2008, 02:56 PM
bump

SWATH
02-06-2008, 03:17 PM
TV. The TV is more powerful than I had originally estimated. People use TV as validation of reality. If they don't see it on TV, it does not exist. If they see Ron Paul on TV then this will suddenly confirm their subconscious suspicions that all those imaginary signs they see everywhere might in fact be real.

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I think Washington and Oregon are definately our best chance of any of the states left. We've seen that we have traction in the west and we gained much higher percentages there than in the rest of the country.

I hope Ron Paul decides to just focus on these 2 states. A 1st place win in one state is more important than a 2nd place finish in every contest in the rest of the 25 states.

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
TV. The TV is more powerful than I had originally estimated. People use TV as validation of reality. If they don't see it on TV, it does not exist. If they see Ron Paul on TV then this will suddenly confirm their subconscious suspicions that all those imaginary signs they see everywhere might in fact be real.

Definately a necesity. TV should be our focus and if possible I suggest focusing on cable news channels because people who are going to the primaries probably watch these stations. Here in Nevada I saw a lot of Ron Paul ads but they were on the 3 big networks which gets a wide audience but probably isn't the most bang for our buck.

SteveMartin
02-06-2008, 03:33 PM
We Need Big Time Tv Ads!

Cleaner44
02-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Before you do ANYTHING else......
Ask youself -

"Will this get Ron Paul any votes?"

Things I don't think will qualify:

Quitting.
Sit-ins at news networks.
Blathering about running independent or third party.
Complaining about the campaign.
Spreading vote-fraud conspiracy theories.
Refusing to donate.
Refusing to canvass.

QFT

t3rmin
02-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Considering our past performance with caucus versus primaries, chances in Washington could be a little diluted. We've got a caucus + primary system.

free.alive
02-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Yes but the caucus affects the primary. go look at the Washington subforum to understand.

We need the help of every small group of Washingtonians, and every meetup group in the country!

EastWindRain
02-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Yesterday I drove from Bellingham, WA to Everett, Wa (a distance of about 80 miles) and I did not see one Ron Paul sign anywhere on Interstate 5. I really hope Washington and Oregon can get the ball rolling. We can't give up. We have to keep inching along.

NO AMNESTY
NO INCOME TAX, IRS, or FED
NO MORE WAR in IRAQ

latkinson6
02-06-2008, 06:08 PM
My washington absentee ballot is in the mail. Voted Ron Paul!

vvolf27
02-06-2008, 06:21 PM
I voted RP and I will be attending my caucus. Already know where it is and told work I need time off. Yakima has strong RP support. I am trying to get others to go with me besides my wife.

Wish us luck...

vvolf27
02-06-2008, 06:23 PM
My washington absentee ballot is in the mail. Voted Ron Paul!

latkinson,

Make sure you find out where your local caucus is and bring RP supporters with you. It is a imperative you do this besides sending in your vote.

19 delegates from the primary and 18 from the caucus.

Crickett
02-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Definately a necesity. TV should be our focus and if possible I suggest focusing on cable news channels because people who are going to the primaries probably watch these stations. Here in Nevada I saw a lot of Ron Paul ads but they were on the 3 big networks which gets a wide audience but probably isn't the most bang for our buck.

I spent $400 on 166 ads on cable..different stations..and was disappointed. I do not think signs and ads are the way to go. Programs, maybe..radio programs, news articles or letters to editors. No one really knows how bad the country is, Bush is, or the other candidates are..HEY!! I just had an idea! How about hosting a talk at the Library called Meet RP, and have refreshments and do it as a program free thing that they can put on TV for FREE and advertise in the paper for FREE..?

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I spent $400 on 166 ads on cable..different stations..and was disappointed. I do not think signs and ads are the way to go. Programs, maybe..radio programs, news articles or letters to editors. No one really knows how bad the country is, Bush is, or the other candidates are..HEY!! I just had an idea! How about hosting a talk at the Library called Meet RP, and have refreshments and do it as a program free thing that they can put on TV for FREE and advertise in the paper for FREE..?

That sounds like a good deal to me though. The problem is that we need the ads running in eligable states for more than a couple weeks. Hillary ads saturated the local and cable stations and really seemed to pay off. The problem I had with the ads run here is that so few had clips of Ron actually giving a speech.

free.alive
02-06-2008, 06:42 PM
It's too late for ads. We need direct contact with voters - calling or doorbelling.

You can't help us knock doors from afar - but you can host little calling parties and go through lists that can be given to your group.

Spread this around!

BigRedBrent
02-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Forward this to every supporter everywhere as soon as possible!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1201693