PDA

View Full Version : Diebold is the reason NOT to take Romney's money for Ames!!!

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
08-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Okay, now that pretty much everyone understands that the ridiculous closed-source Diebold machines are designed for the specific purpose of stealing elections, let's think this through.

If Romney pays for 10,000 tickets, but only half of those people (5000) vote for Romney, and the Diebold machines count 10,000 votes for Romney anyway -- then Romney will point to those 10,000 tickets as proof of the legitimacy of the count! (Even more so if people are signing documents pledging their vote to Romney in order to get this $35.) If you take Romney's money you WILL effectively be giving him your vote regardless of how you fill out your scantron ballot.

Dr. Paul's supporters need to suck it up and pay the $35 and let Romney keep his dirty money.

And don't forget once you're here to register your vote with whatever independent mechanisms are set up to create a real count of Dr. Paul's votes. There will probably be folks there (NOT affiliated with the official RP campaign) with video cameras or independent paper "ballots" trying to get a true independent count of Dr Paul's support.

Avalon
08-08-2007, 05:24 PM
If the voting is rigged for Romney and he is announced to have 10k votes, the Romney campaign isn't going to say "Well that's odd...we only distributed 5k tickets." How many tickets they distribute is only known by them and they'll buy however many is needed to win.

BLS
08-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Okay, now that pretty much everyone understands that the ridiculous closed-source Diebold machines are designed for the specific purpose of stealing elections, let's think this through.

If Romney pays for 10,000 tickets, but only half of those people (5000) vote for Romney, and the Diebold machines count 10,000 votes for Romney anyway -- then Romney will point to those 10,000 tickets as proof of the legitimacy of the count! (Even more so if people are signing documents pledging their vote to Romney in order to get this $35.) If you take Romney's money you WILL effectively be giving him your vote regardless of how you fill out your scantron ballot.

Dr. Paul's supporters need to suck it up and pay the $35 and let Romney keep his dirty money.

And don't forget once you're here to register your vote with whatever independent mechanisms are set up to create a real count of Dr. Paul's votes. There will probably be folks there (NOT affiliated with the official RP campaign) with video cameras or independent paper "ballots" trying to get a true independent count of Dr Paul's support.

I happen to completely disagree personally.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
08-09-2007, 02:49 PM
No, you've got this backwards. If Romney gets 10k votes, he points to the 10k tickets as proof of Diebold's legitimacy. That is why we should NOT have 5k Paul supporters taking his tickets!!

If the voting is rigged for Romney and he is announced to have 10k votes, the Romney campaign isn't going to say "Well that's odd...we only distributed 5k tickets." How many tickets they distribute is only known by them and they'll buy however many is needed to win.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
08-09-2007, 02:51 PM
That's nice and all, but please do us the favor of pointing out any specific lapse of logic. You might as well post that you disagree on the sky being blue. I'm all for *constructive* criticism here...

I happen to completely disagree personally.

Bro.Butch
08-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Why is everyone so into this vote buying scam ? From what I understand the RP campaign has 500 tickets to distribute. Do any of you with all your oars in the water really think RP can win ? I'm not trying to prick your balloon, but Romney has this bought and paid for and Ghouliani & McCain know it. The REAL caucus is this winter not saturday ! RP should have joined Rudy on the sidelines.

I don't personally understand why RP is putting in this last minute effort. Until this week he had been to Iowa this year a grand total of 2 times ! Every campaign including Duncan Hunter has been there more times. Old Tommy T. has campaigned in all 99 counties. Jennifer posted in another thread she called 1000 Iowa residents and ONLY 8 of those had ever heard of Ron and they didn't know what he believes ! And some people still think victory is ours on saturday, if only they don't cheat us !!! It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. The opposition have put most of their eggs in the Iowa basket. Ron would be fortunate to finish sixth (he is polling in ninth place) and with these machines tenth won't surprise me. And it won't affect my support in the least on sunday!!! I started to include my feelings, but it will affect my feelings in a bad way if he finishes tenth, but I won't be surprised.

We get caught up in this computer enthusiasm, and don't understand the VAST majority of the American public doesn't get their info from a PC or CSPAN. Dr. Paul isn't known of by a majority of Americans. He has to increase his name and policy ID to have any chance of success. We can help on this with donations for paid ads, put out road signs, distribute RP lit., and have sign wavings.

Just don't let it get anyone down if RP doesn't swamp 'em on saturday. Then again one of these computer geek RP supporters may hack into the voting machine and Ron wins in a landslide (like some ONLINE poll), then gets caught and the campaign is over causing us to lose all this time and effort we have put forth !!!-lol

cac1963
08-09-2007, 04:06 PM

They could also skew the numbers in Paul's favor then come out screaming that Paul supporters hacked the vote, in the same spirit they've been "spamming" the online polls. Would pretty much crush the legitimacy of Paul's campaign. I hope somebody's got an eye toward preventing this scenario from occurring as well.

DeadheadForPaul
08-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't personally understand why RP is putting in this last minute effort. Until this week he had been to Iowa this year a grand total of 2 times !

We get caught up in this computer enthusiasm, and don't understand the VAST majority of the American public doesn't get their info from a PC or CSPAN. Dr. Paul isn't known of by a majority of Americans. He has to increase his name and policy ID to have any chance of success. We can help on this with donations for paid ads, put out road signs, distribute RP lit., and have sign wavings.

Just don't let it get anyone down if RP doesn't swamp 'em on saturday. Then again one of these computer geek RP supporters may hack into the voting machine and Ron wins in a landslide (like some ONLINE poll), then gets caught and the campaign is over causing us to lose all this time and effort we have put forth !!!-lol

1.) Ron Paul's time this past week in Iowa is NOT just for the Straw Poll. This time investment and money investment is for the caucus which is not too far away. A lot of people are paying attention in Iowa around the time of the Straw Poll and there is a ton of media coverage during the week as well, so it would be stupid not to show up. Additionally, the straw poll is covered internationally. If Ron Paul was campaigning next week in Iowa, he would get 1/10 of the press that he is getting now

2.) What exactly do you think Dr. Paul and his supporters are doing in Iowa? Just drinking beer and watching CSPAN on the internet? HE IS GETTING NAME RECOGNITION. Read some of the threads on Iowa (notably the Iowa State Fair). The people on the net are the ones who cannot be in Iowa hence why we're mailing Iowans, calling Iowans, buying radio ads, buying newspaper ads, buying tickets for Iowans, etc.

3.) I don't think anyone is expecting us to clean house at the poll. However, we shouldn't jsut ignore it because it does have some importance. We focus our efforts on what is going on. When Dr. Paul was in South Carolina, people from around the country helped pay for radio ads and the spam campaign. That's how we work