PDA

View Full Version : ***McCain the favorite of anti-war Republicans***

IowaGarrett
02-06-2008, 02:34 AM
:confused:People really are stupid. I dont know why we ecourage EVERYONE to go out and vote. What we should encourage is for everyone to be informed. I think it would be FINE to ENCOURAGE people to stay at home on voting days unless they can name a two bills "their" candidate has authored.

We should form a PAC to braodcast commericials urging people to stay at home on voting day if any part of their decision is based on watching commericals...

Sorry, but after this election... I will never encourage random people to go vote again.

Heres an example of one good reason why:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/02/05/schneider-mccain-the-favorite-of-anti-war-republicans/
February 5, 2008
Schneider: ***McCain the favorite of anti-war Republicans***
Posted: 08:39 PM ET

McCain appears to be winning among anti-war Republican voters.
(CNN) — Another surprising finding in the national exit polls: John McCain — who has made the war in Iraq and the need for continued U.S. involvement there a centerpiece of his campaign — is actually winning among Republicans who are against the war. Among those Republicans who disapprove of the war, nearly half voted for McCain, while only a quarter voted for Mitt Romney — even though McCain spent the past few weeks trying to portray Romney as more liberal on the war.

Moderates — those most likely to disapprove of Iraq – seem to simply prefer McCain, even when they don't square on the issues.

– CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider

IowaGarrett
02-06-2008, 04:49 AM
.qmud

Ira Aten
02-06-2008, 08:06 AM
And 90 percent of the "legitimate" Ron Paul supporters on this forum will probably soon say that "conspiracy" theorists are what halted Ron Paul from winning?

Uh, has anyone noticed the conspiracy to black out mention of Ron Paul during any debates, primaries, caucuses, etc?

Anyone notice any concerted effort to withold the information about McCain's temper/postal tantrums in the Senate?

I guess by the end of the day, the "true" Ron Paul supporters will be telling us the "Truthers" were the reason Ron Paul lost in droves last night.

Couldn't possibly be any type of conspiracy to halt his movement toward a Constitutional government, could it.

There aren't any such things as conspiracies you know.

Mesogen
02-06-2008, 09:07 AM
I'll tell you why Ron Paul is losing bigtime.

1. The newsletters - face it, they hurt him in a big way
2. The evolution video - believe it or not, this turned hoards of people off
3. His less-than-libertarian views on church and state and gays - this alone caused huge chunks of libertarians to not support him (read some blogs and you'll see this)
4. The official campaign is being run by total amateurs
5. The media blackballing with the sheer stupidity of the American people - they are controlled by their tv and there's not much you can do about it

Now, if the media had propped him up instead of Mc100 and M-Rom, he'd have more votes.

WilliamC
02-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Fact is the vast majority of people have no idea of what they are voting for.

It's all about name recognition and popularity.

Issues don't matter.

Voting records don't matter.

Integrity doesn't matter.

Honesty certainly doesn't matter.

It's just about who talks good, who looks good, and who is perceived to be popular.

The vast majority of people are still fast asleep in front of their television sets, soaking up whatever message the media feeds them.

At this point I'm afraid things still have to get worse before they get better.

xd9fan
02-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Now, if the media had propped him up instead of Mc100 and M-Rom, he'd have more votes.

your blind and wrong

ask yourself why the media loves Mc100 and M-Rom????? Why?? Because they are NOT limied Govt conservatives. Having them as frontrunners, the media can kill the base (from within).
mark my words

If Mc100 or M-Rom get the nom for the GOP......the media will then turn around and stab them. Because these two served their purpose.....they blocked out the conservatives. The Media will take out the GOP (cause these 2 moderates have soo much shit on there hands)

The Media will NEVER back an R over a D. remember that!!!

So thinking gee if the media could just support Paul....... is out of the question. He does not fit their plan.